News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA - new for 2019

Started by Halichoeres, November 02, 2018, 03:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITdactyl

avatar_Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) @Stuckasaurus , I wish I had a collection that extensive ;D 

That was CollectA's display setup for the Greece Metropolitan Expo.  They had the same setup for the Hong Kong Toy Fair.  I'm a bit jealous actually - they have distributors in Greece but have not reached my country.

ITdactyl

Apparently CollectA had a display booth at the Nuremberg Toy Fair. Do we have members who were able to check it out?

Concavenator

CollectA finally released their 2019 E-Catalogue ,and you can see more pics of the new models there:

http://www.collecta.biz/en/e-catalogue

The Baryonyx and Carnotaurus look a lot better than they did on the  original promo pics! The Caiuajara looks pretty nice too, despite having those inaccurate blue pycnofibers  ::)

stargatedalek

Quote from: Concavenator on January 31, 2019, 06:11:46 PM
CollectA finally released their 2019 E-Catalogue ,and you can see more pics of the new models there:

The Baryonyx and Carnotaurus look a lot better than they did on the  original promo pics! The Caiuajara looks pretty nice too, despite having those inaccurate blue pycnofibers  ::)
Recent finds have vindicated the colouring. Seems pycnofibres were more complex than we previously believed, and were branched like feathers.

suspsy

Quote from: Concavenator on January 31, 2019, 06:11:46 PM

They are not inaccurate. Indeed, nobody ever pronounced that it was impossible for pycnofibres to be blue in the first place. That was merely speculation, and the most recent findings demonstrate that it is possible that they came in a wide variety of colours.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

MLMjp

That side view of the Baryonyx makes it less bulky, which is a good thing. One of my complains when the promo picture was revealed was that the Baryonys was too robust. Glad to see that it is actually not the case.

DragonRider02

Both Bary and Carno look great on the new Pictures, much better than the stock photos!

Concavenator

Quote from: MLMjp on January 31, 2019, 06:40:58 PM
That side view of the Baryonyx makes it less bulky, which is a good thing. One of my complains when the promo picture was revealed was that the Baryonys was too robust. Glad to see that it is actually not the case.

I was thinking the same! What a difference some pics can make! When I first saw the Baryonyx, I liked it but I didn't like the color scheme and also it looked too bulky.But now, the colors look better and it appears to be more gracile.

Also,I have noticed that the Carnotaurus and Baryonyx aren't shrink wrapped ( specially the heads, as opposite as their older Carcharodontosaurus,Spinosaurus and Tyrannosaurus).The newer CollectA theropods ( The new Carno and Bary plus last years's Cerato and Mapu ) have apparently fixed the main errors of their 2014 Carcharodontosaurus ( shrink wrapped skull and too wide hips).

Now that I see this stunning Baryonyx, I might consider selling my old goofy CollectA Bary  ::) .Anyways, it's a good improvement over their already impressive 2015 Spinosaurus.

And the Carno is, in my opinion, much better than Safari's in this case, and, as much as I love the Carnegie one ( in fact it's one of my favorite models in my collection ) , this is perhaps even better.

Yes I was aware of the recent discovery about pycnofibers and that they were more related to feathers than what was believed at the moment, but I wasn't aware of anything regarding colors from that same study.So thanks for that :) .Seems the Caiuajara is now as accurate as it can be ( or perhaps no, since I'm no pterosaur expert)

PhilSauria

Ah yes, 2019 is shaping up to be a great year for collectors! Plenty here that I will be placing orders for, both the extinct and extant animals in that catalog. That Rhino has to be one of the best available.

And I agree the side views of both the Baryonyx and the Carnotaurus give a better impression of them and have further sold me on a couple of figures that I was probably going to add to my shelves anyhow. The mid-year release at least gives my bank account time to recover from the damage those PNSOs are inflicting on it!

Shonisaurus

The borealopelta of Collecta 2019 looks very good is a small figure very typical for the standard line although I would have preferred an upper scale of size.

Collecta caiuajara is a highly colorful figure is very beautiful and excellent although its colors are a little garish. The paint colors of dimorphodon and guidraco seem more metaphorically demure to me. Anyway, it's still my favorite.

Collecta's edahphosaurus is by far its additional photos superior to the promotional one.

The two beauties of theropods baryonyx and carnotaurus of Collecta 2019 subjugate me. Honestly, it is the best baryonyx ever made by a toy company. The carnotaurus of Collecta I like very much is seen without lips although in this case I have preference for another company that I will not quote here and that is already on sale. But honestly I think it's a great figure and beautifully painted and sculpted.

Collecta's elasmotherium is one of the seven most awaited Collecta figures.

As for the fukuiraptor of Collecta is a more beautiful figure than the promotional figure and is going to make a very good pair with his Favorite counterpart sincerely what I value of this figure is that it has a fixed base and its jaws are not articulated and is at Favorite pair with Favorite's.

Sincerely this year I have no complaint with any of the figures of Collecta and it is being a spectacular year after having Papo surprised with the joy of the spinosaurus of Papo 2019 limited version.

Jose S.M.

I like the Baryonyx more now, maybe more than the Favorite one that I have, but not too much as to justify changing it. I still prefer the Safari Carnotaurus, the only negative about that one are the big feet, there's something about the CollectA one that putts me off, maybe when I see in hand pictures I will think different but for now is a no for me. The overall line up is great! This year has been great for collectors, I think every major company delivered worthy contenders for top 10 figure polls.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Jose S.M. on January 31, 2019, 10:24:36 PM
I like the Baryonyx more now, maybe more than the Favorite one that I have, but not too much as to justify changing it. I still prefer the Safari Carnotaurus, the only negative about that one are the big feet, there's something about the CollectA one that putts me off, maybe when I see in hand pictures I will think different but for now is a no for me. The overall line up is great! This year has been great for collectors, I think every major company delivered worthy contenders for top 10 figure polls.

By the way the outstanding baryonyx of Collecta has much similar to the baryonyx illustrated in the book of Zhao Chuang of PNSO of Age of Dinosaurs of 2016. I bought the book and you can see a drawing in its first pages that recreates the baryonyx in a posture and forms very similar to the magnificent baryonxy of Collecta. I know it's a simple coincidence but it reminds me a lot of the promotional image.

By the way avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator  Thank you very much for the link to the Collecta 2019 catalog!

Renecito

Yes!!! Carnotaurus is my favorite dinosaur and that Carno looks stunning!!! Just as good as -if not better than- 2011 Carnegie's, which i consider to be the best figure depicting this dinosaur.

And the Baryonyx is just amazing!!!

What can i say, CollectA is the winner this year with those 2 figures alone in my book.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Flaffy

wait a minute  ??? ???

Brocc21

"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

suspsy

Looks like it's time for them to rename that series. "Prehistoric Beasts" would be unoriginal, but fine.

I too am please by the profile shots of the Baryonyx and the Carnotaurus. Looking forward to those two.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Concavenator

Behold some more pictures of the new models:

Despite not being a lot of new releases, it seems like it will be a great year for CollectA.This is an example of quality beating quantity.

Jose S.M.

That's the best angle of the Carno that I've seen yet. I wish the Edaphosaurus and Borealopelta were more visible but they look good, specially the Edaphosaurus, I really want that one.

Shonisaurus

The theropods carnotaurus and fukuiraptor of Collecta 2019 come out fully favored despite being in the penumbra are great figures.

Special mention is the baryonyx of Collecta 2019 that is my sincerely favorite figure.

The boraolopelta of Collecta 2019 is much better than its prototype sincerely, the same can be said of the edaphosaurus and the elasmotherium (it is huge!) And it is a true beauty gorgeus. A work of art of the PVC toy store.

The tapejara is the one that looks worse, in the sense that is glimpsed distantly in the photograph but I maintain that it is a great figure although perhaps the garish colors of the crest and neck remind a bit of a tropical bird, like the macaw, the rainbow parrot Maybe with more muted colors it would have been better. But in fact it is a great figure and for me as expected as the other six figures mentioned in Collecta of 2019.

On the other hand, the miniatures of prehistoric mammals of Collecta 2019 I am going to order from the Museum Store of Natural Sciences, they seem perfect miniatures and very well finished to the naked eye and most importantly they are great for that person who can not spend his savings in prehistoric mammals of Deluxe size or that suffers his house of lack of space. It is a good idea of ​​the Collecta company sincerely speaking in this regard.

Thank you avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator  for sharing these magnificent photographs.

MLMjp

Yep, the Baryonyx is great.  :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: