News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Juvenile Brachiosaur

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, March 16, 2012, 05:37:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm gathering info again, this time on juvenile Brachiosaurs...aiming for Giraffititan or Brachiosaurus...about 10' tall.  I need to find a sketch of a skeleton and other mages to work from.  What would be different from an adult ?

ZoPteryx

I would think a juvenile would have a shorter neck, larger head & eyes, and maybe less of an upright neck posture.  I'm just guessing though! ;)

Pachyrhinosaurus

Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Dinoguy2

The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roktman

Blade-of-the-Moon

Thank you all for the help !

I've been building a neck all day long..lol

It seems based on the pics that the head would be larger...not sure if the neck would be shorter in relation to the body or if it's just the larger skull.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: CityRaptor on March 16, 2012, 11:27:14 PM
Kinda small, isn't it?

Looks similar to this  Europosaurus:
http://www.dinopark.de/ice/incoming/www.dinopark.de/extarticle/image_1/99letzte.jpg
I think the complete paper is free and linked in that blog post. It should include a larger skeletal and a more detailed description of how the new jivi brachiosaur specimen compares to the adult.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Blade-of-the-Moon

Would the Tamiya juvenile Brachi be good to work from ?

The chest may be a bit shallow though..is that wrong or just because it's young ?

I'm looking at a bit more of  a raised neck but it won't be out of the realm of possibility..kinda like the newer WS Brachio.

Brachiosaurus

Quote from: Zopteryx on March 16, 2012, 10:09:23 PM
I would think a juvenile would have a shorter neck, larger head & eyes, and maybe less of an upright neck posture.  I'm just guessing though! ;)

The crest would also be smaller/no crest maybe

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Brachiosaurus on March 17, 2012, 06:40:33 PM
Quote from: Zopteryx on March 16, 2012, 10:09:23 PM

Hmmm..I'm not sure. It's not exactly a " crest " like in hadrosaurs..more the shape of the skull itself  I think.. :?

Horridus

Quote from: Brachiosaurus on March 17, 2012, 06:40:33 PM
It might be a different shape but it would have to be there. Otherwise it wouldn't have a nose...
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Blade-of-the-Moon

Here's what I have so far :

I tried to make it a little smaller but still present enough to tell it's a Brachiosaur. The neck is giving me fits..it might end up being longer than I had originally thought.

Tylosaurus

Do you plan on making the entire body also or just the head?

dutchdinolover

These might help:

I am not sure how accurate this buildup is

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Tylosaurus on March 20, 2012, 07:28:29 PM
Do you plan on making the entire body also or just the head?

the whole body. ;)

The head is being worked on, neck is framed up..I'm trying to nail down the body and it's dimensions right now ( I picked up the lumber I need today ).

Are there any " fly over " shots of Brachiosaur skeletons ? I need to check the width of the shoulders and hips.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dutchdinolover on March 20, 2012, 08:15:48 PM
These might help:

I am not sure how accurate this buildup is

Hmm..can't figure why the pics won't show up ?

They could be  a big help..is that a juvenile skeleton ?

dutchdinolover

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dutchdinolover on March 21, 2012, 08:20:39 AM
Strange, here you have my link:

http://s1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh513/Cobra_Swaziland/

Hope they will help you!

Yeah it's odd..I had the same problem before on here. I posted a series of pics and one wouldn't appear no matter what I did. Maybe there are limits per post ?

It looks like a juvenile Brachio..is that right ?  If so I wouldn't mind finding some more info on it .

brontodocus

I'd say that's rather Europasaurus holgeri. :)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: