News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mojo: New for 2019

Started by Patrx, November 14, 2018, 03:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Quote from: Patrx on November 14, 2018, 04:36:57 PM
Quote from: Sim on November 14, 2018, 04:27:40 PM
And somewhat related to that, how there's a lack of good Rhamphorhynchus figures.

Yeah, whatever happened to Rhamphorhynchus? .......

You mean like this one by copper?  :)

http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/post/119250/thread

Takama

Perhaps im the only one who thinks this model is good. I mean, Clearly, they are not striveing for accuracy (Just read my Review of there hunting tyrannosaurus http://dinotoyblog.com/2018/07/21/tyrannosaurus-rex-red-hunting-versionmojo-fun/  )

Though i will admit, that they need to do some research before they announce there products (Like calling a Pterosaur a Flying Dinosaur)

I for one am looking forwards to what else they have in the pipeline.     They cant be any worse then there Tripodal T.Rexs from the past

A.Garcia

In many ways this looks pretty good. The individual teeth look fairly thin/pointy, which is important on this kind of animal where the mouth draws so much attention. I agree with comments on the lack of "furriness". However, this makes me think there are some exciting possibilities for customization. Copper's beautiful custom that Postsaurischian linked to shows how added furriness can improve a model. On this one, the head and neck could be left as-is, and painted brighter colors, to give it the look of a bird with exposed skin. If I come across this model I'll consider trying that for fun.

Shonisaurus

I get the impression that the figure of the Mope 2019 tropeognathus must be quite small. They have not commented what their measurements are and I understand that perhaps it is a miniature because it is not as detailed as other figures of Mojo for example, the theropods of 2018 (giganotosaurus, baryonyx and deinonychus). I sense that it will be a pterosaur figure similar in size to that of Vitae's zhejiangopterus. I think this is one of the reasons why this figure is not so detailed.

Minmiminime

Maybe, to give it its dues, it is quite detailed though ^-^ It's just the nature of those details make it look like it's just risen reluctantly from its accursed death, and it needs to suck a fair few souls before it recovers its original form :P I also wonder if the paintwork will actually be neon, again? ;) I'm intrigued to see what comes next!
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Takama

Next up is

A Fish

Im sure we all know what this is

Shonisaurus

That dunkleosteus of Mojo does not have to envy the best paleoartistic representations of other brands of toy dinosaurs. It looks magnificent this replica of dunkleosteus perhaps the paint colors somewhat lackluster but in general if the real product matches the figure shown in the promotional photo it would be magnificent to get this exceptional figure.

Unfortunately I have the bad experience of the theropod dinosaurs of Mojo 2018 (baryonyx, giganotosaurus and deinonychus) whose painting differs a lot from promotional and exhibition photos in toy fairs. The sculpture is very good but the painting is what fails in these theropods. I hope this dunkleosteus does not disappoint me too.

MLMjp

I expect that Dunkleosteus to be ruined by a neon bright paint job. ::)

Minmiminime

That's not actually too bad...
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Gwangi

I'm all for prehistoric fishes but all of these Dunkleosteus is getting a bit redundant.

Flaffy

Yeah, it's kind of sad when the only prehistoric fish that seems to get made is dunkleosteus.
Not bad for Mojo though, but I'll reserve final judgement until I see the actual products.  ::)

tanystropheus

Quote from: Takama on November 16, 2018, 11:24:17 AM
Next up is

A Fish

Im sure we all know what this is

It looks to be a slam dunk for Mojo.

sauroid

i hope the actual figure would look as good as this promo image.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Flaffy

More angles:
Honestly, the more I look at it, the more it's growing on me. A shame that they painted the oral plates white, gives off the impression that they're teeth.

IrritatorRaji

Legitimately don't know how much I trust Mojo after their abysmal 2018 line up, poor ED had to do so much damage control

LeapingLaelaps

Urgh, do we really need another Dunkleosteus?
Well, besides the oral plates being painted like teeth it looks nice, I really like the spots actually

Shonisaurus

I sincerely settle for any prehistoric animal (I love prehistory). What I hope that Mojo someday will make a xiphactinus or a leedsichthys are prehistoric fish that sincerely fascinate me especially after watching the BBC series "Sea Monsters".

Minmiminime

Oh, aye...providing it looks anything like these images, it's going to be pretty nice! Not without issues, but certainly far nicer than their new Tropeognathus and indeed, nicer than those from several other brands

Sim

Quote from: Sauropelta on November 14, 2018, 04:31:39 PM
Both the brown and yellow look too simple and ugly - especially the brown. Needs more color variation and yellow would look better on the face/beak area. Hands and feet need to be a different color too, like black or pink similar to birds.
Quote from: DragonRider02 on November 14, 2018, 07:11:02 PM
I think it's the ugliest Pterosaur toy I have seen in a while... It looks like a zombie lol
A bit of paint on it's beak would help it a lot. And maybe some patterns on the wings.

But for Mojo it's decent, I guess

avatar_Sauropelta @Sauropelta avatar_DragonRider02 @DragonRider02

The snout of Tropeognathus is as much of a beak as the snout of a crocodile's is.  In other words, the snout of Tropeognathus isn't a beak.  My understanding is a true beak never occupies the same part of the mouth as teeth.  Toothless pterosaurs had beaks.  Pterosaurs with teeth however do not always have a beak, and if they do the beak is small and restricted to the toothless tips of the jaws.

IrritatorRaji

What kills the Tropeognathus more than anything is the vintage Schleich-esque coloured body. Flashy neon colours I can live with, but flashy neon paired with muddy brown and black? Yeah, no thanks.
As per usual I actually like the sculpt. It's not accurate, but if it had these colours there'd at least be some sort of nostalgic connection.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: