News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mojo: New for 2019

Started by Patrx, November 14, 2018, 03:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

the Triceratops is actually very good looking even with some imperfections. some people are snobbing it just because it's Mojo i suppose.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

My preferences for Mojo 2019 from greater to less interest in the product and quality from my point of view is as follows,

The first is the dunkleosteus of Mojo 2019 if the figure is as good as the prototype is my favorite figure of Mojo this year. It's even better than other toy brands. The painting of this iconic Devonian fish is fantastic and realistic.

The triceratops of Mojo 2019 is by far the best of the company mentioned and a great figure of triceratops in the toy market in general.

Finally, Mojo's tropeognathus of 2019 is perhaps my worst valued figure. The positive is that it is a very rare and obscure figure in the toy prehistoric animal market, and the colorful wings. The negative is that I do not see that kind of pterosaur is that it is a species from my point of view not very finished and that the body especially of the tropeognathus could improve on the other hand I have to excuse Mojo in this figure in relation to me it gives the impression that it is a small figure like the zhejiangopterus of Vitae although obviously this figure is much more finished. Truly the tropeognathus is perhaps the weak figure of the group.

Ultimately this year has been a remarkable year for Mojo.Sus figures are outstanding in regard to dunkleosteus, remarkable in regard to triceratops and acceptable in relation to tropeognathus.

EarthboundEiniosaurus

The pose of the Triceratops reminds me of the sideshow statue, does anyone else see it?
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

Sauropelta

The wild safari triceratops is still the best one but that looks nice too. Would buy it if I didn't have a better one already.
Sauropelta (Meaning 'lizard shield') is a genus of nodosaurid dinosaur that existed in the Early Cretaceous Period of North America. One species (S. edwardsorum) has been named although others may have existed. Anatomically, Sauropelta is one of the most well-understood nodosaurids, with fossilized remains recovered in the U.S. states of Wyoming, Montana, and possibly Utah.

Shonisaurus

This triceratops is a good work even magnificent. I'm going to be a safe buyer but whatever that is, my five favorite triceratops to date, are the following of most importance to me, Doug Safari triceratops, PNSO triceratops and Battat tied, Schleich triceratops 2018 and Carnegie tied and now this Mojo triceratops is a good ceraptoside, the best done to date by Mojo and its modeling is beautiful, it is remarkable skimming the outstanding but I stay with the previous versions of dinosaurs, with all respect and love to the great sculptor of Mojo that by the way has made a dunkleosteus awesome. I hope that the real Mojo dunkleosteus is equal or better in painting and modeling than the prototype announced by the brand, the same as triceratops.

LeapingLaelaps

Honestly, I'm not gonna buy any more Ceratopsians until the new BotM series comes out :P

PhilSauria

Quote from: EarthboundEiniosaurus on November 20, 2018, 12:59:02 PM
The pose of the Triceratops reminds me of the sideshow statue, does anyone else see it?

Yes - well spotted. I have a picture of the Sideshow Triceratops on my wall (only way I'll ever be able to have it under my roof unless I win the lottery!) and it is very similar. The more I look at the new Mojo the more I'm warming to it. Hope it's in a similar size range to the Safari.

Shonisaurus

Honestly the triceratops of Mojo is a great figure is the best dinosaur with defensive weapons that this company has ever done. I hope we do not have to wait until the end of the year to get all these figures.

Last year, the theropods and Mojo's diplodocus were sold until July-August in the store of shop.modellpferdeversand.de, which was one of the first to sell it. I'll wait what it takes but for me it's a torture to wait so long to acquire dinosaur figures, time is money and time is life and it's a shame that they sell physical and online stores the figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals so late (The same will happen with wild animals and horses for those who are interested in this subject) but the truth is that dinosaurs are always the last in line to be marketed in prehistoric animal toy brands almost as a rule.

That is one aspect that I admire from Safari that their figures are soon commercialized at one time at the beginning of the year. I appreciate that very much and I would like it if it were up to me that the rest of the companies and brands would do the same. It would be great. Although I recognize as other times that I have discussed this issue that each brand of toy dinosaurs has its own philosophy and I obviously will not pretend to amend the flat as is logical.

PhilSauria

Putting together some 2019 range overview images for myself but decided to share; and here's the Mojo lot.

Shonisaurus

The batch of prehistoric animal figures from Mojo 2019 is not bad. My greatest wish is that at least the real figures of prehistoric animals are just as bright and outstanding as the figures they promote. That will mean that Mojo has changed with respect to the previous year in terms of painting since its three theropods of 2018 (baryonyx, deinonychus and giganotosaurus) are beautiful but the painting honestly and I say it with all due respect should have improved, it should be more of repainting said theropods in the future, so that they would be more successful from the commercial point of view.

As post-dating whatever happens I will buy the three novelties of Mojo from prehistoric animals.

By the way, has anyone stopped to think of the three prehistoric animals that each belongs to a system or habitat? The triceratops moves through the earth, the dunkleosteus through the sea and the tropeognathus through the air.

In short, Mojo has made three prehistoric animals that belong to the sky, earth and sea.  :P

terrorchicken

I really like this new triceratops, it has a very retro feel to it but in a well sculpted way, kinda like Invictas. But Ill wait to see how it looks in real life photos. The dunkleosteus is nice too.

Shonisaurus

I pass a link to the Hong Kong Toy Fair in 2019 as you can see the triceratops, dunkleosteus and even the tropeognathus do not look bad and look great.

https://www.facebook.com/mojofuneu/photos/a.155808084437555/2298210930197249/?type=3&theater

ITdactyl

for those who don't have access to Facebook (or don't want to touch FB)

Halichoeres

Thanks, ITDactyl :) That Dunk looks like it'll be almost as large as the CollectA.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres On what do you rely on that the dunkleosteus will be as big as Collecta's? If so, and if the commercial sculpture of the promotional figure does not vary, it would surely be placed as the favorite dunkleosteus equaling that of Collecta.

Takama

Everyone is OOO and AHHHing at those figures at the toy fair, but lets not forget that paint schemes may take a nose dive, unless mojo has fixed there issues.

Remember this image?

That was taken long before anyone had the chance to order the figures. and we all know how the final results turned out :(

Shonisaurus

avatar_Takama @Takama Unfortunately I have that image in mind and honestly I do not trust at all of Mojo, the theropods of 2018 (magnificent sculptures) and above all magnificent prototypes were unfortunately very different from the real salable figures their paint touches were especially frustrating.

I do not trust Mojo I hope that they have modified their commercial strategy and that the real figures that are sold in online stores are equal or even better than their promotional figures. I hope that in this year Mojo does not disappoint me, they have artistic potential to make wonderful sculptures. Examples of this were its two tyrannosaurs and allosaurus of 2017 and its magnificent prehistoric mammals.

Dilopho

In terms of visuals, that's probably the best Dunkleosteus I've seen. Delightfully green!

Shonisaurus

avatar_Dilopho @Dilopho We hope that Mojo does not disappoint us like last year and that the dunkleosteus is the best that exists to date in the market.

Dilopho

What happened last year...?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: