News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mojo: New for 2019

Started by Patrx, November 14, 2018, 03:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

avatar_Dilopho @Dilopho Last year, I tell you from experience, they announced three fabulous theropods that were deinonychus, baryonyx and giganotosaurus from Mojo 2019 and it looked like their promising painting. His sculpture is good but then when I bought these figures the painting of the baryonyx, giganotosaurus (even in this case the sculpture of the giganotosaurus) and the deinonychus of Mojo did not appear with those colors that excited us in the promotional photos and exhibitions. They have very gaudy colors (in short they were dinosaurs with careless paint far from their two tyrannosaurus of Mojo 2017 and even allosaurus of Mojo 2017) and the sculpture of the giganotosaurus unfortunately from my perspective because I have it in my collection gives much to be desired unfortunately .

That is why I mention it, let's hope that the painting and sculpture of triceratops, dunkleosteus and even its weakest figure tropeognathus of Mojo 2019 are equal at least or better than the prototypes and figures shown in the toy exhibition. Hopefully the painting is as excellent as that of its prehistoric mammals to give an example. On the other hand I would like to see a dunkleosteus from Mojo that is as it is said of the same size as its Collecta counterpart because it would make a very good pair if it is well sculpted and the same can be said of the triceratops that the best ceraptoside that this company has done up to moment.

Dilopho

Oo-er, I looked in the Mojo thread from last year and you're right. Shoddy paint jobs.

Well, at least there's not too much to mess up with Dunkleosteus. Right...?  :-\

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Dilopho on February 06, 2019, 08:27:39 PM
Oo-er, I looked in the Mojo thread from last year and you're right. Shoddy paint jobs.

Well, at least there's not too much to mess up with Dunkleosteus. Right...?  :-\

Dilopho Hopefully the dunkleosteus of Mojo and the triceratops (another of my favorites) do not disappoint and delude us. I have faith in the Mojo brand and I hope that they are reading our comments some of their manufacturers so that they take note and rectify the error. They are three beautiful figures of prehistoric animals those of Mojo their prototypes and crossed the fingers so that they are even better in person. Hope is the last thing you lose.

Dilopho

If the colours end up super bright again, it'll only really affect the pterosaur's wings. Bright yellow...how disgusting.  :-\

The other two are pretty dark to start with, though.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Andreioli @Andreioli  I have clicked on the three links and the prehistoric animals of Mojo 2019 are not displayed.  :(

It only takes you to the Yahoo homepage.

Andreioli

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 22, 2019, 07:13:39 PM
avatar_Andreioli @Andreioli  I have clicked on the three links and the prehistoric animals of Mojo 2019 are not displayed.  :(

It only takes you to the Yahoo homepage.

OK, I'm embeding the images.
Do you see them now ?

Shonisaurus

Thanks Andrioli, now I see them perfectly. The triceratops looks magnificent, apart from its quite conservative colors and far surpasses all its ceraptosides. The triceratops horns look very good.

The tropeognathus of Mojo 2019 is a sincerely quite weak and unfinished figure and continues to leave this pterosaur species very poorly represented.

As for the dunkleosteus for me it is the superior figure of all is perhaps equal in genius in terms of modeling and painted his Collecta 2018 counterpart, but frankly that figure perhaps with the paint touches of a paleoartist as Martin would magnify much more to the sculpture that sincerely is very good. The teeth are very well sculpted and the same can be said for the eyes and their pupils. He is perhaps the best figure of the group from my honest opinion.

DragonRider02

That Tropeognathus will give me nightmares today. It hurts me to Say that about pterosaur toy, but It simply looks hideous.

PhilSauria

Two out of three of these will be seeing orders from me, especially the Triceratops, but as for the Pterosaur - has Mojo started a zombie dinosaur range without telling anyone?

Brocc21

That Trike is something else!
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Shonisaurus

Quote from: DragonRider02 on February 22, 2019, 07:45:31 PM
That Tropeognathus will give me nightmares today. It hurts me to Say that about pterosaur toy, but It simply looks hideous.

I sincerely agree with you Mojo's tropeognathus is very badly done. I do not understand how they have not tried a little harder.

Halichoeres

The decline in quality from prototype to production sample is less steep than last year. The Tropeognathus started out at basically 0 though.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gothmog the Baryonyx

That pterosaur is certainly... something.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Toasaurus

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

avatar_Toasaurus @Toasaurus Thanks for the information I have already taken note after my vacation.

avatar_suspsy @suspsy On the other hand I also thank you for the link and with the comparative photos of Mojo's dunkleosteus (it helps me to see in advance what type of figure I'm going to receive) and I think it's a magnificent figure.

Brocc21

If I have to be honest I prefer the Mojo dunk over the CollectA one. The green is just appealing to the eye.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Toasaurus

Quote from: Brocc21 on April 22, 2019, 04:11:01 AM
If I have to be honest I prefer the Mojo dunk over the CollectA one. The green is just appealing to the eye.
and the colours remind me of shrek

Faelrin

It looks tiny compared to the CollectA one, but still looks very nice. I'm really glad there's lots of quality figures of this genus now.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: