News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Favorite - new for 2019

Started by Halichoeres, November 28, 2018, 03:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

That style is definitely Araki, those incomplete wings are something he seems very fond of, and he always does the fenestrae this exact way.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

terrorchicken

Nice! I wish theyed re-release the fukuiraptor/fukuisaurus as a non-exclusive or at least make the other ornithischian(forgot its name) from the mini set as a larger figure.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: terrorchicken on January 09, 2019, 10:23:35 PM
Nice! I wish theyed re-release the fukuiraptor/fukuisaurus as a non-exclusive or at least make the other ornithischian(forgot its name) from the mini set as a larger figure.

Although I really like the mosasaurus, the fukuivenator is the one that interests me the most, perhaps because it is a rare dinosaur figure in the toy market, that is, a figure obscure in the toy dinosaur market, which is welcome.

On the other hand, I share your opinion. Although I already have the exclusive models of fukuisaurus and fukuiraptor I wish that all people interested in these figures have the same right to obtain those figures and that they are not exclusive models although they can always be found on eBay and there is even a member of the Brett forum who you can find those figures. As for the ornithischian koshisaurus if this is the dinosaur you are referring to, I would like a bigger one and the same can be said for the fukuititan instead of the miniature figures that were released last year.

brettnj

We are taking orders now.

Please e-mail if you are on my mailing list and PM if not.

Thanks.
Brett

Patrx

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 09, 2019, 05:16:06 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on January 09, 2019, 08:22:55 AM
Nice Fukuivenator, but what's with japanese companies and their refusal to add primary feathers to troodontids and dromaeosaurs?

It bothers me more with their actual dromaeosaurs, but Fukuivenator probably wasn't one, right? It looks like it was a more stemward maniraptoriform, so it could have had less winglike arms. Anyway, I'm glad to see my prediction that the gap in product numbers meant they were making a Fukuivenator was correct!

That's true! I'd forgotten the taxonomic position of Fukuivenator.

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 09, 2019, 05:16:06 PM
They gave the skull project to Tokugawa, but they should have given it to Araki and let Tokugawa expand the prehistoric line.
Quote from: stargatedalek on January 09, 2019, 06:00:32 PM
That style is definitely Araki, those incomplete wings are something he seems very fond of, and he always does the fenestrae this exact way.

Have to agree with you, Halichoeres; on a personal level I find Tokugawa's style much more naturalistic and appealing. Still, he routinely makes the same error with the wings.

stargatedalek

Have we seen Tokugawa do a feathered animal recently? I don't think he's done any since the original Deinonychus, which despite having even smaller wings that end at the wrist has (in my opinion) much more pleasant feather textures.

tanystropheus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on January 08, 2019, 06:57:44 PM
Favorite has never used Facebook to promote an expo or exclusive figure.  ;)
So that model will be sold on the Favorite' web-store for sure...  O:-)
Exclusive figures are commissioned to Favorite by a museum or an exposition so it doesn't make any sense to use Favorite' FB official page to promote someone else' products..  ::)

I gave up on Favorite. I'm just a commoner, a peasant of sorts.

ITdactyl

For those interested, here's the accompanying text from the Fukuivenator and Mosasaurus reveals on Facebook:

Quote"Under development: Fukuivenator mini model"

Fukuivenator appears in the palm-sized mini figure series "Fukui Dinosaur" focusing on Japanese dinosaur  excavated in Katsuyama city, Fukui Prefecture.
Fukuivenator means a hunter of Fukui, and is a new kind of small animal about 2.5 meters in length from the early Cretaceous period. About 70% of the bones including the skull are confirmed. It is thought that it was omnivorous due to features such as conical teeth and no serrated teeth. In addition, from the analysis of the shape of the inner ear reconstructed by the CT scan, the sense of equilibrium and hearing ability are considered to be relatively excellent among the dinosaurs.

Relive the world of dinosaurs in Japan and feel their ancient breath in the palm of your hand.

Lineup:
Fukui Dinosaur Mini Model currently has Fukuiraptor, Fukuisaurus, Fukuititan, Cosisaurus on sale,  now joined by Fukuivenator, completing all five types.

About prototype production / supervision:
Production of prototype is handled by Mr. Kazunari Araki, the leading dinosaur molding guru. Production was supervised by the Fukui Prefecture Dinosaur Museum resulting in more accurate and attractive products incorporating academic grounds.

Release date
Scheduled to arrive in February 2019

Quote"Under development: Mosasaurus"

The marine reptile "Mosasaurus" soft model and vinyl model which we are eagerly developing.

This time we reveal the full-color image of the soft model.
It is an impressive model by Mr. Kazunari Araki.

The aggressive mood of Mosasaurus with its appealing charm combined into one great* body. Just a little more until completion.

※ The colors shown may differ slightly from the final product.

note that for Mosasaurus, the text actually says "1 tasty body", the word they used to describe it is [strangely] oishi, which is Japanese for tasty.

Shonisaurus

I still like the figures but for my part is a bit frustrating, the fukuivenator for what it says in the text is a mini dinosaur model that adds to the fukuiraptor, fukuisaurus and fukuititan group. It's not from what I've read a big model like the exclusive baryonyx and neovenator dinosaurs of Favorite.

On the other hand, mosasaurus is a non-PVC vinyl model. They are both on my wish list and I have already entrusted them to Brett but I was hoping that it was the PVC mosasaurus. The positive thing is that the figure will cost much less and the same can be said about the fukuivenator.

Anyway it has been for now an acceptable and good year by the company Favorite, although I stay with the previous year in relation to the exclusive dinosaurs baryonyx and neovenator although still fortunately the year has not ended and there may be surprises for This exceptional and brilliant brand of dinosaurs and prehistoric toy animals.

ITdactyl

You are right avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus , the Fukuivenator is indeed a mini model.

Patrx

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 10, 2019, 01:26:34 AM
Have we seen Tokugawa do a feathered animal recently? I don't think he's done any since the original Deinonychus, which despite having even smaller wings that end at the wrist has (in my opinion) much more pleasant feather textures.

Not for mass-production, no, but there are a lot of sculptures on his website. I recommend checking it out, his work really is beautiful.

Velociraptor

Mei

Daspletodave

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 10, 2019, 01:26:34 AM

Tokugawa did NOT do the original (series one) Deinonychus - it was Takashi Oda, who did ALL the series one (2004) Favorite soft models plus the later orange Spino.
And of course Araki did the series two models, including Velociraptor.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 10, 2019, 08:35:35 AM
I still like the figures but for my part is a bit frustrating, the fukuivenator for what it says in the text is a mini dinosaur model that adds to the fukuiraptor, fukuisaurus and fukuititan group. It's not from what I've read a big model like the exclusive baryonyx and neovenator dinosaurs of Favorite.

On the other hand, mosasaurus is a non-PVC vinyl model. They are both on my wish list and I have already entrusted them to Brett but I was hoping that it was the PVC mosasaurus. The positive thing is that the figure will cost much less and the same can be said about the fukuivenator.

Anyway it has been for now an acceptable and good year by the company Favorite, although I stay with the previous year in relation to the exclusive dinosaurs baryonyx and neovenator although still fortunately the year has not ended and there may be surprises for This exceptional and brilliant brand of dinosaurs and prehistoric toy animals.

The Mosasaurus will be released in two versions. The one we see here will be solid PVC. There will also be a larger hollow vinyl model, but Favorite doesn't give those figures stands. The translation will render both as "vinyl" because "vinyl" is literally one of the words that PVC stands for.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Shonisaurus

Thanks for the clarification Halichoeres misinterpreted the content of the comment regarding the mosasaurus. Effectively it will be a Soft Model that means PVC and another one of vinyl that by the way is more durable and resistant than the PVC I am checking with the diprotodon of Soutlands Replicas. It is a beautiful figure that enriches my mosasaurus collection with this new addition of Favorite. :)

terrorchicken

oh so fukuivenator is a mini model? like the other Japanese dino models that came as a set? and its going to be sold separately?

ITdactyl

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus , sorry for the confusion.  Halichoeres is right, the text for the mosasaurus says a release for a "soft model" and vinyl model.  My translator had "softmodel and soft model", so I edited one out since I thought it was a translation error (a mistake on my part).

avatar_terrorchicken @terrorchicken , there's nothing on the text that definitely says how the Fukuivenator will be sold.  I'm inclined to think it'll be available as a standalone figure since the other dinosaurs of that set can be bought in singles.  However, there will (also) be a "paint the dinosaur" set containing all 5.

PhilSauria

Guess I'll be passing on the Fukuivenator then as I tend not to go for small figures and minis as a rule - I prefer larger figures which have more 'presence' on display and allow for more detail, though having said that it is amazing how much detail can be achieved on some of these small frys.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I don't mind the Fukuivenator being a mini model because it was a fairly small animal. Would never by a Fukuititan that small though.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Halichoeres

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on January 14, 2019, 12:53:22 AM
I don't mind the Fukuivenator being a mini model because it was a fairly small animal. Would never by a Fukuititan that small though.

Same, I'm happy to have small animals in small sizes. I skipped the Fukuititan but I'd buy a larger-format version.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: