News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Favorite - new for 2019

Started by Halichoeres, November 28, 2018, 03:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: PhilSauria on March 02, 2019, 09:39:59 AM
Thanks for the suggestion Robin, but of the few listings I've seen of this (admittedly only on eBay) the asking price has not been much different to the Mattel Mosasaur. And I am becoming a bit concerned about an 'Import Tax' listing that has been cropping up on more and more US listings, combined with the already high shipping fees from that country it's getting to the point where I won't even bother looking further once I see that any item is listed by a seller in the US.

I'm not all that wealthy so I'd rather muster what funds I am able to throw into collecting toward something than I can afford instead of having to pay such huge portions of any purchase cost towards government taxes and shipping companies (or sellers putting up low prices and then getting their money through inflated shipping costs! - don't get me started!).

As I said thanks for offering a solution to my Mosasaur fix but I am becoming increasingly jaded with some aspects of online retail.

I fully understand what you're talking about.
In my Country only Schleich figures are widely available on local stores.
I built my collection mostly on-line.
And it could be quite expensive, I know...  :(

Halichoeres

Semi-custom vinyl rex now available:

And a paint-the-dinosaur set of their most recent mini-models:

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DragonRider02

That Mosasaurus makes me think of vanilla/chocolate/caramel/Berry flavored ice cream.

LeapingLaelaps

Quote from: DragonRider02 on March 07, 2019, 06:04:43 PM
That Mosasaurus makes me think of vanilla/chocolate/caramel/Berry flavored ice cream.

Same! His colors are making me hungry for chocolate

Shonisaurus

The colors of Favorite's mosasaurus are fantastic, it is very colorful, but above all I highlight the sculpture is very beautiful. This year is also a big year for the mosasaurus, first for the PNSO, then for Favorite, and maybe at the end of the year? the one at Nanmu Studio.

Thank you very much for the photographs that you have shared from the Favorite Robin website, it indicates how beautiful this miniature of mosaurus is.

PhilSauria

Yes thanks for the photos - this one was a must-have for me right from the first images that gave any suggestion as to how the figure looked but these have only solidified my desire to acquire. I'll get a Mosasaur figure this year one way or another!! (Mattel, PNSO and Sega all priced beyond my budget)

Is this available to order online yet?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: PhilSauria on March 07, 2019, 09:29:50 PM
Is this available to order online yet?

Favorite is taking orders now.
The figure will be fully available very soon.
As far as I know, Favorite doesn't ship internationally.
You need a local agent to order from Japan..

Shonisaurus

By size I suppose that Favorite's mosasaurus will be the same size as his spinosaurus updated scientific version. Brett told me that the news is still not available. So we must wait.

Killekor

Quote from: Carnosaur on March 08, 2019, 10:54:11 PM
So where did you get it?

Robingoodfellow didn't made those photos. They are from the link he posted (https://www.f-favorite.net/SHOP/73323.html)

Anyways, both the Mosasaurus and the Fukuivenator looks really good! In particular the Mosasaurus is a must have.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

RobinGoodfellow

On Favorite website:

" About time of arrival: Mosasaurus soft-model is scheduled to be available on or after April.
※ Although the arrival date may be delayed depending on the production situation, we appreciate your understanding.
"

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

That tyrannosaurus at first sight (the prototype) gives me the impression that it is resin.

stargatedalek

I hope it's vinyl. It doesn't look like much, but that is a huge upgrade from the current giant Tyrannosaurus. At least it has feathers (and lips?!).

John

I could be mistaken,but it looks to me that the new Tyrannosaurus does not have "lips",but there is sparse feathering running down it's spine and on the back of it's arms.
And there will also be a new Allosaurus too. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Silvanusaurus

With that posture I thought it was a Gwangi figure for a moment.

cooksonia

Looks a bit like the Kong 1933 T rex. Wouldn't mind a Gwangi though.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: John on March 15, 2019, 06:10:29 PM
I could be mistaken,but it looks to me that the new Tyrannosaurus does not have "lips",but there is sparse feathering running down it's spine and on the back of it's arms.

avatar_John @John By the way, do you know what material the new allosaurus and tyrannosaurus of Favorite vinyl or PVC will be made of?

John

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 16, 2019, 12:19:41 PM
Quote from: John on March 15, 2019, 06:10:29 PM

avatar_John @John By the way, do you know what material the new allosaurus and tyrannosaurus of Favorite vinyl or PVC will be made of?
Sorry,I don't know what kind of material they will be made of.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: