News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Favorite - new for 2019

Started by Halichoeres, November 28, 2018, 03:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Boxes set of mini skulls is now available on the web site: https://www.f-favorite.net/SHOP/73570.html
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Halichoeres

The Fukuivenator mini model is now posted on the web site, and Favorite says it will be available in February!

https://www.f-favorite.net/SHOP/73212.html
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Shonisaurus

You just need to publish Favorite on your website the mosasaurus of 2019 and its availability ... maybe for February? I hope it's like that.

Sigmasaurus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 25, 2019, 03:44:51 PM
You just need to publish Favorite on your website the mosasaurus of 2019 and its availability ... maybe for February? I hope it's like that.

Yeah, the quicker we get these beauties the better.

ITdactyl

For those on the hunt, Fukuivenator was officially released yesterday.  Enjoy the Fukui goodness... oh... wait.

Sim

I'm happy Favorite made a Fukuivenator for the Japanese dinosaurs mini figure line.  Its absence from that line was conspicuous.  The species choice of the previous four mini figures didn't appeal to me while the Fukuivenator does.  This goes to show the benefit of making different kinds of animals - a greater variety can make it more likely that someone will find something they like!

I'm quite liking the Favorite Fukuivenator from what's been seen of it.  I wouldn't accept a lack of primary feathers and rectrices on a dromaeosaurid or troodontid, but like Halichoeres mentioned, Fukuivenator appears to be a more basal type of coelurosaur that might be closely related to Ornitholestes and ornithomimosaurs.  At that point in the evolution of coelurosaurs I think the feathering of this figure is plausible.

I'm guessing this figure's base is removable, based on how its feet look on it in photos, and how Favorite has been using removable bases for a long time now.  So, I'm planning to get the Favorite Fukuivenator!

Halichoeres

Glad to hear you're excited about a figure, Sim. I agree that greater variety is more likely to land on something someone likes.

Shonisaurus

I understand that the variety in the philosophy of the different companies when making dinosaurs as the removable base of Favorite's fukuivenator or the non-removable bases of Collecta give their own and unique personality to each company and enrich the market for the collection dinosaur. even of the toy dinosaur. Although both companies are intended more collectors for the excellent of their figures.

Sim

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus: The variety Halichoeres and I were referring to in our posts is variety in types of animals made.  If companies make a greater variety of animals it can increase how likely it is different people will find an animal they like.  In this case, the species of the previous 4 mini figures didn't interest me, while the Fukuivenator does interest me.  What I said about the base was a separate point, I was commenting on how I'm planning to get the Favorite Fukuivenator because it doesn't appear to be on a permanently attached base.

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres: Thanks!  It's rare that I feel excited about a figure, a lot due to certain current tendencies among prehistoric animal figures.  Seeing a prehistoric animal I like as a figure I like is an experience I enjoy very much!

Halichoeres

It sounds like Favorite is going to start offering painted-to-order versions of the big vinyl Tyrannosaurus:

"Paint your favorite color.

It is the only one figure for you to customize it to your liking and create an original color figure.

The figure lineup is 'Tyrannosaurus Vinyl Model Premium Edition Customized Color'.

'Let's find your own FAVORITE with the shape of your personality'

Completed figures are delivered with special gift specifications.
I will produce a special body packed with your thoughts.

Now I am keenly preparing.

It is scheduled to start late February 2019."

jean

Guys , I have seen a red coloured swimming spinosaurus done by favourite , it's the same sculpt as the original but red in colour , is that for sale ?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Not digging the teeth in the big vinyl figure..the rest looks great.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: jean on March 01, 2019, 03:05:27 PM
Guys , I have seen a red coloured swimming spinosaurus done by favourite , it's the same sculpt as the original but red in colour , is that for sale ?

On August 2018 Favorite did a paint contest for japanese fans with the Favorite "Paint-A-Dinosaur" kit.
Favorite did a special edition set for the contest' winner.
The special edition set was "one-of-a-kind" and it was not for sale.
The red swimming Spinosaurus was in it:

..so, no, the red swimming Spinosaurus is not for sale..    :'(

The contest:

http://www.e-favorite.net/contents/paintcontest/14/?fbclid=IwAR383hqVl-Cm1Z7TTp_kZGjWd6jWdYK_7V-27C9VJn3SmxD9rTHqi2-w6bI

:)

jean

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on March 01, 2019, 04:21:02 PM

On August 2018 Favorite did a paint contest for japanese fans with the Favorite "Paint-A-Dinosaur" kit.

The contest:

http://www.e-favorite.net/contents/paintcontest/14/?fbclid=IwAR383hqVl-Cm1Z7TTp_kZGjWd6jWdYK_7V-27C9VJn3SmxD9rTHqi2-w6bI

I see , that's sad , I actually thought the red one is even cooler .

Any release  dates for the soft model mosasaur ?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: jean on March 01, 2019, 04:49:21 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on March 01, 2019, 04:21:02 PM

The contest:

I see , that's sad , I actually thought the red one is even cooler .

Any release  dates for the soft model mosasaur ?

No release date yet..

Shonisaurus

I already ordered Emiko and Brett. It's just a matter of announcing when they will arrive. I prefer to wait in my case.

PhilSauria

In regard to that vinyl Mosasaurus - I'll definitely be tracking down one of these! Between it and the magnificent PNSO Mosasaur I really couldn't care less about the Mattel one now, the cause of so much frustration at the time of its release (and non-release over here!). Some of the Fave Co vinyls are not too bad, while others look like bath toys! I have the Triceratops and Plesiosaurus and am tempted by the Styracosaurus. Quite a high level of detail on this one given the medium.

Another one for the list - I say again; what a year!!

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: PhilSauria on March 02, 2019, 12:33:03 AM
(...)I really couldn't care less about the Mattel one now, the cause of so much frustration at the time of its release (and non-release over here!).

You could try with the JW Sega Mosasaurus from Japan.
It's a remarkable figure (at 30 cm/ 12" long).

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157658394821859/with/46493516554/

PhilSauria

Thanks for the suggestion Robin, but of the few listings I've seen of this (admittedly only on eBay) the asking price has not been much different to the Mattel Mosasaur. And I am becoming a bit concerned about an 'Import Tax' listing that has been cropping up on more and more US listings, combined with the already high shipping fees from that country it's getting to the point where I won't even bother looking further once I see that any item is listed by a seller in the US.

I'm not all that wealthy so I'd rather muster what funds I am able to throw into collecting toward something than I can afford instead of having to pay such huge portions of any purchase cost towards government taxes and shipping companies (or sellers putting up low prices and then getting their money through inflated shipping costs! - don't get me started!).

As I said thanks for offering a solution to my Mosasaur fix but I am becoming increasingly jaded with some aspects of online retail.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: