You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Prehistoric Times magazine award for Best Figure of 2019?

Started by Concavenator, December 15, 2018, 01:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Even though the award for the best dinosaur toy of 2018 hasn't been given yet (as far as I know), which are in your opinion ,the best candidates for winning this title in 2019 (counting with the fact that most of the figures haven't been released yet).I think these are some really clear candidates (not in order) :

Safari Camarasaurus
Safari Pteranodon
Safari Allosaurus
CollectA Elasmotherium
CollectA Edaphosaurus

Which are the strongest candidates in your opinion?

Shonisaurus

Sincerely they can be any of the figures of Safari 2019 except for the tyrannosaurus rex that is not of Doug and as for the prehistoric animals of Collecta I point like favorites to anyone of the seven of this year.

The diprotodon of Soutlands Replicas and the giganotosaurus of Eofauna are also extraordinary figures.

The Schleich spinosaurus can be measured as another highlight candidate and some mini PNSO dinosaur for example the nemocolopterus, odontochelys, spinops to give three examples.

Finally, it is necessary to reveal many PNSO figures (at least I think they can reveal new figures), Vitae, Favorite, Kaiyodo, Rebor and even Schleich in the second half of 2019 can give us some pleasant surprises.

Sincerely the competition this year 2019 is very close.

In the personal field I like Safari carnotaurus, Collecta baronyx, Collecta's elasmotherium, Safari styracosaurus, Eofauna giganotosaurus, Collecta caiaujara, Collecta boroalopelta, Safari camarasaurus, Safari citipati, Collecta edaphosaurus, Safari pteranodon , PNSO spinosaurus ?, Safari allosaurus, PNSO amargasaurus? or Schleich's spinosaurus among other figures that occur to me, but sincerely the vote for the best prehistoric dinosaur and prehistoric animal figure is still too premature.

Concavenator

Even though the new Schleich Spinosaurus is a decent model, I don´t see it by any means win this award  :P This title is usually given to either Safari or CollectA, hence I only selected models from these two.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

No mention of the Safari Stegosaurus or CollectA Baryonyx?

Still too early though yet.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Concavenator on December 15, 2018, 07:25:26 PM
Even though the new Schleich Spinosaurus is a decent model, I don´t see it by any means win this award  :P This title is usually given to either Safari or CollectA, hence I only selected models from these two.

Of course the brands Safari and Collecta are the dominant companies without a doubt but we should not underestimate brands like Eofauna and companies like Rebor as well as Japanese and Chinese companies.

Certainly it is very risky for me to say that the best figure of 2019 is Schleich's spinosaurus but I am totally excited with this figure sincerely speaking I never expected Schleich to make this figure of such quality since this company is destined above all to the smaller (children) as I have repeated many times, but I have to admit that this figure does not believe that it occupies the first figure of the best dinosaur by the Prehistoric Times but I sincerely comment it so that Schleich notay takes and animates to make figures like Schleich spinosaurus if I followed that philosophy I am convinced that it would occupy or equal the place of dominant companies.

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on December 15, 2018, 07:31:00 PM

I think those two have a chance, maybe even more than the Allosaurus.

Concavenator

Quote from: Jose S.M. on December 15, 2018, 08:50:18 PM

I think the Allosaurus definetely  has a chance,the Monolophosaurus received the award and I think the Allosaurus is a better figure.I think this is the very first time we get an up to date Allosaurus and it´s certainly a very well known, classic and beloved dinosaur.Although you could say the same for Stegosaurus, though for some reason Stegosaurus is way more popular than Allosaurus, perhaps because it is more recognizable (well, I should say that Stegosaurus is easily one of the most recognizable dinosaurs)

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Concavenator on December 15, 2018, 08:55:47 PM
Quote from: Jose S.M. on December 15, 2018, 08:50:18 PM

I think the Allosaurus definetely  has a chance,the Monolophosaurus received the award and I think the Allosaurus is a better figure.I think this is the very first time we get an up to date Allosaurus and it´s certainly a very well known, classic and beloved dinosaur.Although you could say the same for Stegosaurus, though for some reason Stegosaurus is way more popular than Allosaurus, perhaps because it is more recognizable (well, I should say that Stegosaurus is easily one of the most recognizable dinosaurs)

Although the safari stegosaurus can be an option for the best dinosaur figure of 2019 (for me it is an outstanding paleoartistic representation) but I would like the best figure could be the carnotaurus of Safari and the prehistoric animal of 2019 would be the elasmotherium of Collecta (my first choice), Collecta's edaphosaurus (second option) or even Collecta's caiuajara (my third option) without discarding that Doug took the double prize to the best dinosaur and the best prehistoric animal in this case prestosuchus and even pteranodon.

For me this coming year of 2019 as to which is the best dinosaur figure and which is the best prehistoric animal figure is very close.

There are figures of Doug who deserve the award and the seven figures of Collecta any of them is brilliant, although I have to affirm in my case that I like more the carnotaurus of Safari (the best of its kind for me) than the carnotaurus of Collecta and regarding the Safari 2019 stegosaurus regardless of the updated palaeoartistic form of this well-known dinosaur, I do not like its new appearance, I prefer the old "retro" appearance I was used to since childhood.

Doug's spinosaurus is for me the other weak figure of Safari's dinosaur group. I like Schleich's brand, which I'll pick up at the Museum of Natural Sciences tomorrow, (I know many people will not agree with me. even Doug but I must be frank in my assessment and not lie about personal tastes that may be completely wrong).

My opinions are debatable, criticizable and objectionable by the members of the forum but for me, as opinions are free in the forum, as long as brands and members are respected I can not be hypocritical on my part, I want to be honest.

ITdactyl

I'm too biased towards Safari's stegosaurus to even mention possible candidates.  But I'm really glad the quality of the yearly offerings is just getting better.  I hope the toy companies don't slack off (in terms of quality) even if toy sales seem to be on a downward trend.

Whichever figure wins, we all win.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: ITdactyl on December 16, 2018, 05:33:41 AM

I'm too biased towards Safari's stegosaurus to even mention possible candidates.  But I'm really glad the quality of the yearly offerings is just getting better.  I hope the toy companies don't slack off (in terms of quality) even if toy sales seem to be on a downward trend.

Whichever figure wins, we all win.

Wise words of yours.

suspsy

Definitely either the Caiuajara or the Elasmotherium from CollectA.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Reptilia

Definitely the Papo Pentaceratops, a stunning piece.

Concavenator

Quote from: suspsy on December 16, 2018, 11:51:32 AM
I doubt the Caiuajara will win it due to that silly blue pycnofibers fail  :P

suspsy

Quote from: Concavenator on December 16, 2018, 01:06:06 PM
Quote from: suspsy on December 16, 2018, 11:51:32 AM

Not everyone is so hung up on such a trivial detail. Especially given that we don't know for a fact that pterosaurs could not have had blue anywhere on their bodies.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

amargasaurus cazaui

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Ravonium

Quote from: Concavenator on December 16, 2018, 01:06:06 PM

If the Caiuajara loses any of the polls, then I guarantee it will be because it's an obscure taxon, rather than an inaccuracy as minor and easily fixable as blue pycnofibres.

While I personally want CollectA's Borealopelta to win. I guarantee either the Safari Ltd. Stegosaurus or Allosaurus will win.

Shonisaurus

I sincerely want you to win as the most voted dinosaur of 2019 the carnotaurus or the allosaurus of Safari and as a prehistoric animal (not dinosaur) better than 2019 the elasmotherium or the edaphosaurus of Collecta.

gfxtwin

So far PNSO is impressing me a lot with what's been shown of their Ophthalmosaurus and Ceratosaurus, and now their Amargosaurus and Mosasaur.  Eofauna's Gigantosaur is pretty amazing as well and almost looks alive. Gonna venture a guess that in terms of scientific accuracy and craftsmanship they'll be giving some serious competition this year.

Brocc21

SAFARI CAMMARASAURUS. The obvious winner in my own bumble opinion.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Bokisaurus

It would be nice to see Eofauna or PNSO, or even Southland win for a change. The last few years have been predictable ::) and always the same company.
I don't think that the Caiuajara from CollectA will win, but it may take a spot of best non-dinosaur like the Dimorphodon before it.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: