News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo 2020 Hopes & Dreams

Started by Reptilia, December 16, 2018, 12:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reptilia

Giganotosaurus and what else? Personally with Pentaceratops I've had one of my dreams fulfilled this year, now I need a huge Diplodocus more than anything else.

Shonisaurus

A deinocheirus on the part of Papo 2020 would be a beautiful figure that competed with those of Safari or Collecta. Positively I know that this option on my part is not realistic for the simple reason that I do not believe that it is a marketable figure because it is an obscure and rare figure in the toy market.

A pinacosaurus by Papo would be a highly marketable figure by Papo or another ankylosaurid.

I understand that unfortunately the time of colossal sauropods by the toy dinosaur brands have ended for a long period of time perhaps indefinite, but a Juvenile Papo diplodocus would be an acceptable figure from the economic point of view for the general public ( collectors as well as children).

Another candidate would be a mosasaurus based on JW. It is a figure in which Papo could extract economic returns.

Finally perhaps another figure that would give pingües benefits to papo would be the megaloceros giganteus on the part of the Papo brand. If children and consumers of wild animals are so fond of deer and antelope in general, a megaloceros would be a brilliant bet for Papo from the commercial point of view.

Syndicate Bias

All i want is more models and less repaints. I think I'm pretty much done with the predictions and hopes and dreams every year.

Joey

Quote from: Reptilia on December 16, 2018, 12:31:06 PM
Giganotosaurus and what else? Personally with Pentaceratops I've had one of my dreams fulfilled this year, now I need a huge Diplodocus more than anything else.
I agree with your choice of a huge Diplodocus, it's my most favorite dinosaur of all time and if they give it a fairly neutral pose and somehow make it larger (and longer) than the Carnegie one, I would buy it as quick as a lightning bolt strikes.

Atokensis

Here are my top 10 in order starting with most wanted:
1. Giganotosaurus (Fans have been waiting years for this)
2. Carcharodontosaurus
3. Stygimoloch (Based from JWFK, a unique looking pachycephalosaur with a spiky head, raming pose with look badass & purchase 2 instead of one)
4. Mosasaurus
5. Kentrosaurus (we only have one Stegosaurid at the moment, Kentrosaurus or Miragaia would be a neat addition to the line)
6. Ouranosaurus (lived alongside Spinosaurus and would look nice together)
7. Lambeosaurus
8. Edmontosaurus
9. Plateosaurus (standing on twos or biped/quadrupedal like the Pentaceratops)
10. Suchomimus

Future resculpts wishlist:
1) Ankylosaurus
2) Triceratops
3) Stegosaurus
4) Parasaurolophus
5) Pteranodon
6) Tyrannosaurus
7) Armagasaurus

Shonisaurus

I hope that next year Papo made a giganotosaurus or a carcharodontosaurus although we have been waiting for it for so long. Although hope I never lose it in my case.

tanystropheus

Why doesn't anyone want a Placerias?   :'(

Shonisaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on December 17, 2018, 07:49:09 AM

I am interested in the placerias, Papo could make a nice reply but honestly unfortunately I do not think it is marketed by Papo because it is a kind of prehistoric animal too obscure that would not bring much economic gain. I understand that the pleasure could be done in any case Collecta, Safari, Eofauna or a Chinese or Japanese toy company.

As far as I have been told, Papo traders suffer too much economic loss due to the high price of their products. They are very detailed and beautiful but very expensive figures and that is one of the causes that unfortunately is reducing the production of new figures.

I already mentioned it in other messages in a very repeated way and the certain thing is that according to they have commented to me Papo has economic problems, I do not believe that it is risked for misfortune of which we are collectors to commercialize this figure. If it were up to me, I would prefer that not only Papo but the rest of the prehistoric animal companies did, strange figures in the production of the toy and even unpublished, but I understand that a company in this case Papo had to risk a lot.

Anyway they could make a moschops, shringasaurus, cacops, diplocaulus, erythrosuchus, placerias as you said or another prehistoric animal from the Paleozoic or Mesozoic Triassic period, but it would be very risky for Papo from the economic point of view, I doubt they did, but in this life nothing is impossible and Papo like the rest of companies can be unpredictable.

I never imagined in my case that Papo made a kaprosuchus and a tupuxuara that are quite obscure figures for a toy dinosaur company like Papo and yet they did.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 17, 2018, 09:06:21 AM

I never imagined in my case that Papo made a kaprosuchus and a tupuxuara that are quite obscure figures for a toy dinosaur company like Papo and yet they did.

Even more obscure is the fact that they are releasing a Gorgosaurus!

Shonisaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on December 18, 2018, 04:10:52 AM

That is true except the Wild Safari brand I do not know as far as I'm concerned any figure of gorgosaurus more than this. The gorgosaurus of Papo is certainly a rare figure, not even Collecta has commercialized it.

Daspletodave

A huge Diplodocus (or any other sauropod) is never going to happen. I think the era of large solid plastic sauropods is over - too expensive and not generally appealing to the public.
You might still see a hollow plastic PNSO type though, with its high price and low availability.

AcroSauroTaurus

Any of these...

Gallimimus
Sinoceratops
Koreaceratops
Einiosaurus
Corythosaurus
Diplodocus
Kentrosaurus
Maiasaura
Ouranosaurus
Sauropelta
Centrosaurus
Hypacrosaurus
I am the Dinosaur King!

Shonisaurus

If they have made a pentaceratops that is a dinosaur in a certain way, only very few leading toy dinosaur companies have done that emblematic ceraptosido could make Papo a lambeosaurus.

It would be interesting to make a lambeosaurus after the disappearance of Bullyland lambeosaurus would be very good news for all of us who are dinosaur lovers or an edmontosaurus is a well-known figure among those who are fans of dinosaurs.

Renecito

My Hopes & Dreams is that they stop producing dinosaurs based on jurassic park/world movies and they start a new line of scientifically accurate figures.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Syndicate Bias

An updated spino and rex and allo.

Rebor has a better jp and non jp spino and rex coming out and Wan long tan has a superior allo. Papo needs to focus on updating their products.

Not to mention rebor has a good v rex too so that makes papos rexes completely redundant

Loon

I never really want anything from Papo, if they make something I like I'll buy it. So, I don't wish for much from them, just like to see what they make.

I think a good sized dreadnoughtus would be right up their ally.

Halichoeres

Quote from: tanystropheus on December 18, 2018, 04:10:52 AM

Sorry, I know this is an old post, but judging by the number of Google hits for each of those genera, Gorgosaurus is by far the best known and Tupuxuara the least.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

GojiraGuy1954

Dinosaurs

1. Giganotosaurus. Who DOESN'T want this?
2. Scutosaurus
3. Diplodocus
4. Coelophysis
5. Sauropelta

Cenozoic Animals

1. Kelenken
2. Titanus
3. Mastodon
4. Titanoboa
5. Basilosaurus

Modern Animals

1. Mountain lion
2. Ring-tailed lemur
3. Scarlet Macaw
4. Tenrec
5. Beluga Whale
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Shonisaurus

I am going to bet on something that I think can be safe, a Papo giganotosaurus by the end of 2019 (Christmas season) or 2020. A hundred percent scientifically precise giganotosaurus that surpasses all other brands including PNSO, Safari, Eofauna or at least that compete in equal conditions in genius.

Also a spinosaurus (new version of painting with identical sculpture to its limited figure 2019, even with improved paint to the Martin Garratt) for 2020.

An updated 2020 amargasaurus that competes with the incomparable amargasaurus of PNSO.

Concavenator

Quote from: Renecito on December 30, 2018, 12:39:24 AM
My Hopes & Dreams is that they stop producing dinosaurs based on jurassic park/world movies and they start a new line of scientifically accurate figures.

That's about it,really. ;D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: