News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Gothmog the Baryonyx Dinosaur & Prehistoric Collection

Started by Gothmog the Baryonyx, January 08, 2019, 01:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Thank you everyone,

Yes that is Darcy the Ankylosaurus chick mini.

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres I agree the Cretoxyrhina is lovely, I have moved him to the front of my marine animals now as well so I have a better view of it.

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus they are very large, though hollow, especially the Livyatan. If you can fit them somewhere I recommend them.
Many of us have less space than we would like I imagine.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Went straight to here this time, decided to get the new PNSO Er-Ma to go alongside the CollectA instead of the old one which is for sale. The artwork is lovely too. From Everything Dinosaur, along with a Safari Ltd Ammonite and CollectA Lourinhanosaurus:

And here he is out of his box next to the other sauropod I recently bought, the Schleich Agustinia, which I actually like more than the CollectA, the only other time this has ever happened is with the Oviraptor.

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your new acquisitions, I sincerely agree with the PNSO mamenchisaurus it is extraordinary and the Schleich agustinia I think it surpasses that of Collecta, it is more elegantly presented less debased although its Collecta counterpart is also quite good especially considering the context temporary in which it was made (first years of Collecta).

Halichoeres

The Mamenchisaurus is pretty nice, I've been dithering about it myself but am currently sticking with the CollectA.

There just are no good options on Agustinia, are there? Which is fine, really, there are other sauropods and relatives that are better fodder for figures!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Thank you both,
And yes, and an 'accurate' Agustinia would probably indistinguishable from any generic Titanosaur. Other sauropomorphs indeed make better figures/ I'm still hoping for a Lessemsaurus or Melanorosaurus though I'm told they're fragmentary anyway.

A few days ago, this German fella arrived from Solvenia to join my little Permian shelf:

And here he is sitting in his new home:

And here is where the little Altirhinus now stands:

And, for now, the home of the CollectA Edmontonia:

Halichoeres

Kind of a bummer that that tiny Altirhinus is the only one there is. Its face has such character!

Glad to see that Procynosuchus rounding out your Permian shelf. I miss Bullyland for figures like this one.

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

CarnotaurusKing

Merry Christmas! Neat stuff. I've been eyeing that Procynosuchus for a bit. I think I bought my Schleich Desmatosuchus from the same seller, as well. It's a shame Bullyland didn't make more pre-Jurassic animals, and that those few they made are so difficult to find.

Shonisaurus

Welcome to the procynosuchus club! It is small and even expensive, in my case it cost me a not high sum of money, but not negligible, but in the end it is worth having it on your shelves.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Thank you everyone, it is a shame about Bullyland also, so many interesting Triassic and Permian animals in particular.

I actually did this last weekend, but never got round to sharing it here before, but I have been doing some repainting of figures whilst I was off for Christmas

Not all the best, but here are some repainted figures. The white stripey theropod formally known as Fukuiraptor is now Eustreptospondylus, the blue Baryonyx is Riparovenator, the rest remain Alioramus, Hatzegopteryx and Tyrannosaurus chick.
They are all much darker in real life, which you will notice next to the factory coloured other figures in later pics.

My "Riparovenator" (CollectA prehistoric life Baryonyx modified by given a keratinous crest from putty)

My "Eustreptospondylus" (CollectA Neovenator modified by removing/cutting down the brow horns, lengthening the snout with putty, adding in extra teeth, have slight repositioned the tail as well(

My repainted CollectA Hatzegopteryx, I filled in the holes in the fenestrae with putty.

Very poor quality, but here is my repainted CollectA Tyrannosaurus chick

My feathered-up and repainted Collect Alioramus

Hatzegopteryx with a not so dwarf Hadrosauroid after all but actually juvenile

The Alioramus joins a Late Cretaceous Mongolia scene

Two dinosaur mothers defending their chicks from each other.

And because we cannot go without a Walking with Dinosaurs reference, here the Eustreptospondylus approaches a beached Liopleurodon and prepares to take a bite out of it

On its way fishing, the Riparovenator interrupts a Neovenator's hunt causing it to fail

Shonisaurus

You have a creative soul when it comes to painting dinosaurs, by the way, how did you repaint the Collecta alioramus, how did you get it to be feathered? The latter has been very good, it must have taken your time, repainting figures.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Thank you avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus I used modelling putty called Green Stuff and sculpted some scruffy fur-like feathers onto the Alioramus. For painting. I sprayed them all with a black undercoat and layered on other paints, I only did a couple layers each really. The Alioramus has a dark red base, bright red drybrushed over that, a small amount of orange drybushed to the upper back, a brown wash all over, plus small details.

Also sharing these recent aquisitions here:

With the Bullyland Mastodonsaurus on its own:

It is now sitting on my Triassic shelf.

And here is the Character Options Primeval Anuragnathus on its own:

Shonisaurus

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx Thanks for the information, it is a handcrafted and extremely relaxing work of yours. On the other hand, I congratulate you for the Bullyland mastodonsaurus, I have always liked this figure, but be careful, it is very prone like many prehistoric animals and Bullyland dinosaurs, for example deinotherium or tyrannosaurus rex, to suffer abundant abrasions, even if you take care of the figure as it is in my case, any friction with another figure causes an abrasion with the figure.

On the other hand, it is curious that the anuragnathus from Character Options Primeval must be one of the few figures that exist about that pterosaur that would deserve more love from the toy dinosaur companies.

Halichoeres

Nice work feathering the Alioramus. One of those unfortunate Muppet-y early theropods from CollectA.

The Mastodonsaurus and Anurognathus are nice scores. As inaccurate as it is, somehow the latter is the best anurognathid toy that has been made.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Thank you both.
I noticed the abrasions on Mastadonsaurus as it already had them. I wonder whether to risk touching up the paint. I managed it okay on both the Carnegie Albertosaurus and the Battat Nanshiungosaurus.
A real shame no one has made a nice Anuragnathus, or any of its relatives. I'd love a nice new cute and accurate one.

After opening my last releases last weekend

The sub adult Stegosaurus and Big Al size each other up

They mutually decide not to take this any further

Out of nowhere, a time travelling flying Tylosaurus appears!

The Allosaurus on its new shelf, with the Stegosaurus rearranged too.

The Vitae Zhejiangopterus is using one of the stands from the Tylosaurus.

The Tylosaurus in its new home, also next to the new Cretoxyrhina

Shonisaurus

I'm happy for you the PNSO tylosaurus is quite big it has a size that rivals the big kronosaurus from Safari.

Halichoeres

I'm stoked that the Cretoxyrhina and Tylosaurus are in scale with each other, and with CollectA's Xiphactinus. Maybe one of the Niobrara plesiosaurs could be in the offing...

need4swede

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on January 21, 2022, 07:40:58 PM
The Vitae Zhejiangopterus is using one of the stands from the Tylosaurus.

"You're a Lizard, Harry!"

I'll see myself out.
Great collection, though!
- Swede

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Thank you everyone

lol avatar_need4swede @need4swede

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 27, 2022, 11:29:55 PM
I'm stoked that the Cretoxyrhina and Tylosaurus are in scale with each other, and with CollectA's Xiphactinus. Maybe one of the Niobrara plesiosaurs could be in the offing...
It is great they scale well, would be nice if they did a Styxosaurus I think. I don't think it likely though, more likely Elasmosaurus.
Would be nice to have a mini Hesperornis too.

My new acquisitions apart from the Quetzalcoatlus which arrived today.

Close up of the Kaiyodos:

Close up of the Eikohs:

Close up of the Favorite Co:

My updated Permian shelf, I have picked up the falling down Lystrosaurus since taking the picture:

My smaller scale Cenozoic shelf updated:

Though the Copepteryx may end up being moved.

My updated Cambrian shelf:

My updated Jurassic & Cretaceous marine animal shelf, guest starring my Favorite Co Opabinia:

Updated section of my Triassic shelf (eagerly awaiting Smok)

And some Devonian, which is finally no longer just Dunkleosteus:

My updated larger scale Cenozoic

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Gothmog the Baryonyx

avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono that is a 3d printed moa that I painted. Bought it from a guy on US ebay

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: