News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Gothmog the Baryonyx Dinosaur & Prehistoric Collection

Started by Gothmog the Baryonyx, January 08, 2019, 01:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

What a well presented collection by geological stages and by medium to large scales, you have a great collection, on the other hand I congratulate you on your new acquisitions, those Kaiyodo prehistoric animals are phenomenal on the other hand I am glad that you already have your collection the Favorite archelon without a doubt one of the rarest species of prehistoric animals that this great Japanese toy brand has made.

Halichoeres

What a bounty! The Dinotales line was amazing and I wish Kaiyodo would bring back something like it.

And the Eikoh Archelon is a bit bigger than I expected. Have you worked out the scale?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sim

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on February 08, 2022, 12:49:59 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on January 27, 2022, 11:29:55 PM
I'm stoked that the Cretoxyrhina and Tylosaurus are in scale with each other, and with CollectA's Xiphactinus. Maybe one of the Niobrara plesiosaurs could be in the offing...
It is great they scale well, would be nice if they did a Styxosaurus I think. I don't think it likely though, more likely Elasmosaurus.
Would be nice to have a mini Hesperornis too.

I really hope someone good makes a Styxosaurus and not Elasmosaurus!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

So do I Sim, I'm all Elasmosaurus'ed up anyway.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres I scaled the Eikoh Archelon as 1:49 scale, which might is better next to the other animals than the large offering from Favorite Co.

Some images of the Quetzalcoatlus now I've opened it last week, not as good pics as Loon's so if you want to see it better, check out his thread.

And here is the Quetzalcoatlus on my main 1:20 to 1:30 scale shelf.

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

That quetzalcoatlus is magnificent! It's very big, and very pretty. Perhaps what I don't like is the seams on its articulated jaw. I congratulate you on your new acquisition.

Halichoeres

Thanks! The Archelon is maybe just big enough to be a smallish individual on my 1:40 shelf.

The Quetz is huge as expected. Sure is a looker, though.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Thank you,

Sharing this here as well, and have opened the Favorite Co

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

SidB

Those old Favorites are wonderful pieces, avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx . Have them all myself and still admire their unique quality of fabrication and style.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations, you are very lucky to have these figures from Favorite, I also have them and I can confirm that they are of exceptional quality. Favorite's pteranodon is one of my favorite pterosaurs, and only Safari and Collecta have unseated them, and the plesiosaurus is one of the best on the market and the same can be said for the ankylosaurus. Japanese dinosaur figures for example Kaiyodo or Favorite (the only two I know of although there are others just as good) are great.

Halichoeres

Is their unorthodox Ankylosaurus here to stand in for Euoplocephalus or Scolosaurus?

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 23, 2022, 12:42:11 PM
Is their unorthodox Ankylosaurus here to stand in for Euoplocephalus or Scolosaurus?
Yes, that is to stand in for Scolosaurus, and will be replaced of someone ever makes one. I mentioned in recent acquisitions but forgot too here

Thank you everyone

Gothmog the Baryonyx

So, once I bought the Papo Apatosaurus. I then sold the Papo Apatosaurus. I bought the Namnu Apatosaurus. I sold the Namnu Apatosaurus. I bought the Safari Great Dinos Apatosaurus. I sold the Safar Great Dinos Apatosaurus. I bought the 2008 Schleich Apatosaurus, even customised its hands to correct. Now I have sold that too.

So here is what will be my final Apatosaurus, unless someone actually does a nice up to date one I like.

I bought the mother and child separately from different sellers on the same day and they arrived on consecutive days.

SidB

Despite its age, it's remarkable that there aren't many other affordable alternatives. I've kept my Carnegie big three - Apato, Diplo and Brachio and don't plan on ditching them as they serve as a memorial for the line, as well as for their basic affordability and quality of fabrication. Heft too!

Shonisaurus

What I like the most about the Safari/Carnegie apatosaurus is that it comes with a baby and makes it more interesting, honestly, it is a good addition to your collection, although the Schleich version is also quite good, although obviously the quality of its figures is far from that of the Safari/Carnegie company as the paint colors are superior. My congratulations. I long for big, heavy sauropods like the one you show.

Halichoeres

Your Apatosaurus odyssey sounds similar to my Stegosaurus one; I kept swapping in new ones until the Sophie-based one from Safari came out and I just called it good. The Carnegie Apatosaurus is large enough that even if you replace it one day you can still use it as furniture.

Concavenator

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx what about the Wild Safari Apatosaurus? I'd say that one is the most accurate figure at the moment. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Safari released a new one in the near future (or anyone else). After all, Apatosaurus is one of those classic dinosaurs that even if it lacks a truly up to date figure now, I would expect someone to correct this at some point. I don't have an Apatosaurus in my collection for this reason. Ideally, Eofauna would have chosen it over Diplodocus and I wouldn't have sold my Carnegie one.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Thank you everyone, the Carnegie is indeed hefty, could probably be a weapon in the wrong hands.

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres yes I can see that with Stegosaurus. I went Stegosaurus-free (and Allosaurus-free) for about half a year at least I think. It's weird sometimes that really well known animals don't get attention, but I'm sure it'll have its time eventually

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator  the Wild Safari Apatosaurus, well I have decided for 2 reasons, 1. because it seems like a hybrid of modern and retro and 2. whilst I do think it is the best Apatosaurus despite what I said, it is slightly smaller than I would have liked. I don't want it huge, but I do want it to have some size.

And here is what arrived today, I will be painting these later when I get the chance. I am excited about all of these here.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on March 18, 2022, 12:58:42 AM
Thank you everyone, the Carnegie is indeed hefty, could probably be a weapon in the wrong hands.

Yes I actually weighed all my sauropods once, Apatosaurus Carnegie 2nd mold is one of the heaviest, over 1kg! Only beaten by the Brachiosaurus of course. The early 90s hard plastic version of mold 1 is 1.4kg 😯
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on March 19, 2022, 03:04:04 PM
Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on March 18, 2022, 12:58:42 AM

Yes I actually weighed all my sauropods once, Apatosaurus Carnegie 2nd mold is one of the heaviest, over 1kg! Only beaten by the Brachiosaurus of course. The early 90s hard plastic version of mold 1 is 1.4kg 😯
Interesting, and i do think that has something to do with why they don't often get made anymore.

I bought a couple of Kaiyodos of a UK seller including one of the 4 thingamob ones from before, so I now have the Spinosaurus as well as a (tail-less) Yi qi. Got it mainly for that reason, but also so I have a Spinosaurus in the time between selling the PNSO and soon Safari and buying the CollectA in a month or so

Also from eBay the Carnegie Deinosuchus. I keep forgetting this exists, but decided to type Deinosuchus into eBay on a whim and found this guy labelled as Schleich Deinosuchus on a bidding that had no bids, and I won it at minimum, so now I finally have one of these too.

SidB

That must be a Carnegie Deinosuchus thing avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx , as I got mine on Ebay for $2.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: