News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Gothmog the Baryonyx Dinosaur & Prehistoric Collection

Started by Gothmog the Baryonyx, January 08, 2019, 01:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Nice acquisitions I congratulate you, the spinosaurus and the Kaiyodo yi are very expensive figures on the market. I bought them from Brett and he cost me a good sum of money. On the other hand the Safari/Carnegie deinosuchus is a great figure and I guess it will be dwarfed by its Rebor counterpart when released.

Halichoeres

Looking forward to seeing your paint jobs on the Wild Past figures. That Repenomamus is especially welcome, great bit of visual interest at this scale.

That Deinosuchus had a lot of variety in paint jobs over the years, yours is quite different from mine!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Thank you all,
I know most Carnegies have variants, and I think the one on dinotoycollector looks quite different from this. I do wonder all that went into these. I wonder if its mentioned on the Carnegie collecting site.

When I get round to painting them I will share here, it might not be for another couple of weeks, it depends also if I am expecting more in the near future whether to just wait for a second batch. Also thinking about putting the Repenomamus and Psittacosaurus on a base together, and the Stegourus on a base too, on account of their size. I might also wait to see what colour the PNSO Acrocanthosaurus end up being before painting the Tenontosaurus as knowing my luck if I painted it first it would end up being a similar colour and that would look odd to me.

The Kaiyodo Spinosaurus was surprisingly cheap for me too, must have gotten lucky again.

This lot arrived from the wonderful avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur last week:

And open:

A new package from Everything Dinosaur recently. You may notice a CollectA Iguanodon after I've just sold mine. I was expecting the PNSO Torosaurus to be a main line figure so I would have replaced the CollectA Iguanodon with the PNSO but I don't have space for that many museum line boxes so I'll prioritise the animals that don't already have really good figures on the market.
I also picked up another piece I had sold a while ago the 2018 CollectA feathered Tyrannosaurus, which will act as a temporary replacement for Wilson until Eofauna arrives.
I also picked up the CollectA palm trees as I wanted some more plants, though this takes up more space than I'd like I am still happy, amd it is good value really. On my display board it looks like the PNSO Carcharodontosaurus is ambushing something in the trees too.
Next and almost least is the Schleich Nothosaurus which I bought because there's isn't any other decent sized Nothosaurus figures, it's another one for my Triassic shelf too, just waiting for the beautiful Smok to be the new centrepiece later.
Last and most definitely least the CollectA Ornithocheirus. Obviously the best Ornithocheirus is the Walking with Dinosaurs one but that's kinda hard to get hold of.
A few shelf shots too.

And finally,
Going green in the Morrison Formation with the sauropods:

At least until a differently coloured Eofauna replaces the one in the middle. A shame its not the Apatosaurus though.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Everything_Dinosaur

Thanks for the mention we appreciate the reference to "wonderful" and thank you for sharing your pics.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations. I see that Schleich's nothosaurus has a more than decent size on the other hand, although Collecta's feathered tyrannosaurus can be honestly updated, it is still for me one of the best tyrannosaurus figures made by a brand of toy dinosaurs, in this case by Collecta . Thanks for sharing.

Halichoeres

Ha, I also find myself wishing the new EoFauna figure were an Apatosaurus. Diplodocus has gotten more good figures despite being, I think, a less famous animal.

I'm going back and forth on that Nothosaurus, why'd they have to do such a terrible job on it?

Anyway, definitely a solid set of new arrivals on balance. Filling out those shelves nicely!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Thank you,

Tis a shame about Nothosaurus, maybe one of the mystery Safari Ltd figures is a new Nothosaurus, highly unlikely but would be nice.

Sharing my PNSO and Sega here too as well.
PNSO arrived in a saint-like box (for full joke see recent acquisitions)

I plan to open the PNSO on Friday. Will give me chance to do some group shots I've been wanting to do for ages, one being a Zhuchengtyrannus, Shantungosaurus and Sinoceratops party, the other being evolution of Centrosaurines from Styracosaurus, Centrosaurus, Einiosaurus, Achelosaurus and Pachyrhinosaurus. Maybe throw in Dialoceratops, Machairoceratops and Nasutoceratops for a full (sub)family group photo.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

Nice acquisitions I hope that all your new figures when you open the boxes you like it, about the tsintaosaurus that figure is super detailed and it looks much better physical than any promotional photo or video. PNSO figures look better in person than in a photo.

Halichoeres

Shame the Dinosaur King line was so short-lived, it had real potential. And weird that so few other companies have tried an Anchiceratops.

(Oh and nice PNSOs btw!)

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Thank you!
Anchiceratops is ripe for a nice figure.
And yes Shonisaurus, it was special when I opened these, especially the gorgeous Tsintaosaurus, which I absolutely adore.

Opened the PNSO boxes in the last moments before daylight ran out, will do some more pictures tomorrow
As well as a group shot of the 4 newbies, I have included a photo of the 3 Xingezhuang Formation dinosaurs PNSO released the new Zhuchengtyrannus with the Sinoceratops and the hollow vinyl Shantungosaurus.
I've done a little evolution of Centrosaurines from Battat Styracosaurus, CollectA Einiosaurus, PNSO Centrosaurus, CollectA Achelousaurus and PNSO Pachyrhinosaurus.
And a shot of my 1:30 to 1:50 display board of Jurassic to Cretaceous terrestrial animals.

The Xingezhuang Formation trio by PNSO:

The Evolution of Centrosaurinae, or at least those of the type that lost their brow horns and retained their nose horns, though I have a few of the reverse type too:

My main display after adding 3 of those 4 to it:

The base that comes with the Tsintaosaurus makes an excellent base for a stronger support with PNSO's support rods for the more solid figures, so here it is on my Permian shelf supporting the beautiful Helicoprion, with a reshuffle of almost all those animals:

With close ups:

My larger shelf of 1:20 to 1:30 scale figures with the addition of my new Styracosaurus:

And then the first of 2 other recent acquisitions:

I got the last of the Bullyland Triassic model animals I was after, the Batrachotomus. Pictured also with my others the Mastodonsaurus, Arizonasaurus and Paratypothorax. And temporary Triassic display with it shoved on, I will be arranging them again in a month or so when ED gets the CollectA Smok in, so no point in doing it properly now, only to have to redo it anyway.

With a group photo:

And temporary location of Batrachotomus on shelf before aforementioned switcharoo:

And finally, thanks to Brett Klaproth, I now have the Battat Gallimimus as well, couldn't pass up a chance to get this. Still hoping for someone to make an up to date feathered Gallimimus too. Same with the Utahraptor

Have added an image of the display board with Gallimimus now sitting with the other Late Cretaceous Mongolian dinosaurs

You may notice I also swapped the Safari Ankylosaurus for the PNSO for now.

Halichoeres

Always impressive to see the mosh pits on your shelves/boards! And congrats on the Batrachotomus, that was one of the last Bullylands I hunted down too (only Liliensternus took me longer).

Shonisaurus

Nice additions the Bullyland batrachonomus is a clear example of the superior quality of non-dinosaur animal figures over dinosaurs by the Bullyland company.

I'm glad you have Battat's gallimimus is a very little treated dinosaur species.

Nice shelves full of figures. I congratulate you for everything.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Thank you both,

A smittle update
A delivery on Friday from avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur thanks again for the amazing work you both do

Eofauna Diplodocus checking out the figure she is replacing:

Close up both the main newbies:

Eofauna Konobelodon next to a relative from Safari Ltd:

Main board now:

I forgot to take a pic of Konobelodon on its shelf, but will do that next time:

Eofauna Diplodocus next to PNSO Stegosaurus/

Everything_Dinosaur

Thank you for sharing the pics, glad to hear that you are impressed with the new Eofauna models.

Shonisaurus

What nice acquisitions. That konobelodon and diplodocus from Eofauna are hard to match in awesomeness by any other dinosaur company in this case the konobelodon is the only one of its kind. They are both impressive. My congratulations. In my case, waiting for the Schleich majungasaurus to be marketed in my online store. You are completely lucky.

Halichoeres

Great addition to your Morrison herd. I've got mine on order too!

Concavenator

Congrats on the new Eofaunas! The Diplodocus is such a stunner. I sold my Carnegie one because of it too!  ;D

Duna

Quote from: Concavenator on May 11, 2022, 06:55:02 PM
Congrats on the new Eofaunas! The Diplodocus is such a stunner. I sold my Carnegie one because of it too!  ;D
I've just done the inverse! I've bought one to compare it with the Eofauna ...   :))

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Thank you everyone,
Last monday a package arrived from Australia, because I've left it so long I won't call it a recent acquisition, but I am happy to finally have Banjo, and a nice pack of top trumps too.

Halichoeres

It's such good news that the Australovenator is available again. I got mine back in 2016 and felt pretty lucky about it, glad that others will be able to enjoy it too! The Top Trumps cards look pretty solid too, didn't know they did sets as specific as Prehistoric Australia.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: