You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Figures by "Wild Past" (Updated 15.01.2020)

Started by DinoToyCollector, February 25, 2019, 08:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Remko on November 21, 2020, 01:54:17 PM
Quote from: Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) on November 21, 2020, 01:52:12 PM
Oooh, I've been hoping for Transylvanian dinosaurs!

Well, they are already working on a pair of Tethyshadros, so here's hoping for a Hatzegopteryx in the future.  8)

Isn't Tethyshadros from Italy? Either way, I'm sure it'll stand in nicely for a Telmatosaurus as well. ;)

DinoToyCollector

Quote from: ceratopsian on November 21, 2020, 02:54:44 PM
I felt honoured when Wild Past asked to use my photos on their site.  I think it's a good idea too to show customers how something looks "real" and painted rather than just as the computer-generated image on Shapeways.

Exactly and thanks for your permission avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian  :)

I'm glad avatar_spinosaurus1 @spinosaurus1 has done this awesome touch-ups on the original model.
It will meassure around 7,5cm in height and 14,4cm in length.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on November 21, 2020, 06:04:39 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on November 21, 2020, 02:54:44 PM
I felt honoured when Wild Past asked to use my photos on their site.  I think it's a good idea too to show customers how something looks "real" and painted rather than just as the computer-generated image on Shapeways.

Exactly and thanks for your permission avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian  :)

I'm glad avatar_spinosaurus1 @spinosaurus1 has done this awesome touch-ups on the original model.
It will meassure around 7,5cm in height and 14,4cm in length.

Ah! A perfectly small Sauropod for me. Keep on, i really appreciate all the smaller Size. Thanks for sharing.

DinoToyCollector

Allright, the Magyarosaurus is up for order and can be found here: https://www.shapeways.com/product/6APHZEA2H/1-35-magyarosaurus?optionId=187477488&li=shops

Additionally I did another very small scene. It's a Psittacosaurus defending its offspring against a sneaky Repenomamus giganticus. As mentioned it's pretty small - like the mating Velociraptor.
If you are interested in having this or one of the figures in a bigger scale like 1:20 or something, let me know. I can do this. I just wanted to stay true to our 1:35 scale.

Oh and pictures of course:

Flaffy

Remko

Both the Magyarosaurus and Psittacosaurus look great!

Any chance we'll see a few Deinonychus variants as well, to pose with the Tenontosaurus?

DinoToyCollector

Quote from: Flaffy on November 22, 2020, 05:53:40 PM
What species is the Psittacosaurus?

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy It's a P. mongoliensis based on the Psittacosaurus sp. SMF R 4970  ;)

Quote from: Remko on November 22, 2020, 05:54:15 PM
Both the Magyarosaurus and Psittacosaurus look great!

Any chance we'll see a few Deinonychus variants as well, to pose with the Tenontosaurus?

Thank you and yes, there are chances :-D

Faelrin

Is the Psittacosaurus and Repenomamus pair going to be a shapeways only set? Or is that part of the plastic line with the Protoceratops, etc? Regardless I'm definitely interested in these two.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

ceratopsian

Now that is a lovely surprise for the evening!  Only a couple of days ago I was putting forward Repenomamus on a 2022 wish list. Even better to have a pair that tell a story.

Halichoeres

These are great. Even got the patagium on the hind legs!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Magnificent miniatures of dinosaur and prehistoric mammal. They are really lovely.

ceratopsian

I took the plunge.  I have ordered the Magyarosaurus and also the Psittacosaurus and Repenomamus - I went for 1:20 for the latter pair.

Remko

I've ordered the Magyarosaurus and the Cretaceous stand off as well. But I choose the 1:35th scale versions.

Looking forward to them!

Remko

I received the Magyarosaurus and Cretaceous standoff figures today (as well as a few others). Wow! They are beautiful!
The Repenomamus is tiny though, would be difficult to paint. But I'll try.

ceratopsian

Quote from: Remko on December 04, 2020, 02:13:14 PM
I received the Magyarosaurus and Cretaceous standoff figures today (as well as a few others). Wow! They are beautiful!

Mine turned up yesterday but not with me - went to Marilyn to pass onto Martin for painting!

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: ceratopsian on December 04, 2020, 03:25:58 PM

Mine turned up yesterday but not with me - went to Marilyn to pass onto Martin for painting!

I was kind of waiting for this Post. Can't wait to see them painted professionally, if you are going to show us. I really want that smol Sauropod.

ceratopsian

I'll definitely show them, but I don't know how busy Martin is at the moment.

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on December 04, 2020, 04:01:49 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on December 04, 2020, 03:25:58 PM

I was kind of waiting for this Post. Can't wait to see them painted professionally, if you are going to show us. I really want that smol Sauropod.

spinosaurus1

Awesome :). Cant wait to see how the little buggers turn out painted. If I may ask, can you post a pic on how the magy print looks like?  Would love to see how my first shapeways model turned out

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your new acquisitions. Honestly, the most anticipated is the magyarosaurus. I hope that one day a DTF member will publish it with photographs.

triceratops83

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector - I've been very lazy lately but thought I'd post a pic of my Tenontosaurus painted up like a skink.

In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: