You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor's Extinction in living colour. (updated may 3rd.)

Started by Fenestra, March 04, 2019, 03:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

You have been your couple of spectacular carnotaurus. By the way, how long do you take to make those dioramas and how do you plan them? I guess it will take your time. It is a work of art comparable to a set of resin figures. The PVC of the resin sincerely if it is well made does not differ in quality in any of the ways. My congratulations!

Fenestra

Thank you!
It's just a hobby I do in the evenings. So no rush.
It takes weeks/months to finish it, because most of the time it's just standing there on my desk and I just stare at it.  ;D
When I finally decide on how to paint it and how to pose it, it normally takes flight from there. And then I finish it in days.
But paint still needs to dry before you can add another coat.... So yeah, it takes a while.

Fenestra

Meet Gordon....
FLASHY Gordon!  ;D
CollectA's Caiuajara repainted.

(The colours used are based on the common kingfisher.)

Jose S.M.

That's great! I love what you did with the crest, it looks so... flashy  :))

ITdactyl

You really took the blue and ran away with it.
Awesome paint job.

(wish the white was dirtier, but that's just me).

ceratopsian

I absolutely love your Kingfisher look, especially the work on the crest.

Fenestra

Quote from: ITdactyl on July 01, 2019, 02:45:15 PM
You really took the blue and ran away with it.
Awesome paint job.

(wish the white was dirtier, but that's just me).

Yes. I have the same feeling the longer I look at it.
Maybe I will add a little wash to the white to make it blend in more.

acro-man

OMG... these customizations are awesome!
No many people are fond of customizations these days since we have a variety of collectibles to choose from that can cater most of our needs. Yet, I still admire your works, which I once tried but never had it done right.
Good job!
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Killekor

Exceptional work! I love how the kingfisher color scheme suits on that figure!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Sketchy

Wow if that thing was real it would be hard not to get close to it while its sleeping like cmon it looks amazing.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Fenestra

Some pictures of the Ampelosaurus model kit made by our forum member Brolyss4.
It took me two times finishing this model, because I really didn't like my first attempt. (Shown in the last picture.)
I'm happy with my second try though, so here she is in full glory:

Together with my Diplodocus model kit (sculpted by Sean Cooper):

My fail attempt....  :-X
It does show how much detail has been put into this wonderful model kit by the sculptor.
That's why I wanted to show it anyway.

ceratopsian

Thanks for showing us both versions - that is quite instructive.  I certainly think that the second attempt is a better scheme.  I don't dislike the individual elements of the first scheme, but my brain tells me it doesn't see a connection between the green body and the stripey neck (and to a lesser extent the body and the stripey tail).  It's like there's two different animals in there.  It's a beautiful sculpture and the new version fits it perfectly.

Fenestra

I really had a reason for my first attempt.
My first thought about Ampelosaurus was that it was a small Sauropod, so they probally would have moved in herds like zebras.
The stripes would confuse predators where their prey would start and where it would finish, because both ends end in stripes.
For the clever predator, who would choose to attack from above or aside because of that, the Ampelosaurus had exactly that protection build in with spikes and hardened skin.

But, yeah, after looking at it for a month it didn't make sense to me either.  ;D

ceratopsian

It sounds logical enough!  But I think the sauropod would prefer to direct the predator away completely from its anatomy!

Fenestra

How about glands like a skunk?
Interesting.
You could be on to something!  ;D

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Jose S.M.

I actually love the shades of the darker colors of the first attempt but I agree that the transitions to the lighter color it look a bit abrupt. The second one is brilliant too.

Fenestra

Next finished project is REBOR's Fallen Queen Triceratops.
And, to stay in REBOR's terminology, I would like to present the following pictures while playing "Enter Sandman" by Metallica.  ;D

Here we go:
♪ Say your prayers little one, Don't forget my son, to include everyone ♫
♫ Tuck you in, warm within, keep you free from sin, 'till the Sandman he comes ♪

SLEEP WITH ONE EYE OPEN

KEEPING MY CALF IN SIGHT

FRILL SO BRIGHT!

TUMMY WHITE!

TERRAIN IS SCANNED!

WE'RE OFF TO NEVER-NEVER LAND!

(Fallen Queen had her bite marks filled in and the T-Rex footprint removed. Chunky the calf was made from the sitting Schleich Hippo figure body with a custom head made by me.
And of course all the colours used are based on the Malayan tapir  ;))

ceratopsian

You have transformed the original from something I would never have bought to something I would be snapping your hand off for!  That's an excellent re-imagining.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: