News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

I-Toy - new for 2019

Started by mgaguilar, March 16, 2019, 08:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgaguilar

I-TOY 2019 RELEASES

2019 NEW BUCK TYRANNOSAURUS REX (Based off Jurassic Park: The Lost World rendition)
-Seems to be the same sculpt as the doe, with different coloration. Base is colored a bit more with jungle foliage, rather than rocks.

Reptilia

I prefer Rebor's "Killer Queen", honestly. Itoy never convinced me.

Shonisaurus

Sincerely I like the tyrannosaurus rex "Killer Queen" more than the one of i-Toy, the figure of the tyrannosaurus based on JW is very nice but my budget does not give for more. Sincerely preferred to save on the figures of Rebor, Safari, Favorite and Mojo in a medium or distant future.

Halichoeres

How many JP fan-art companies do we need?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Faelrin

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres I-Toy has been around for a little while now. They've done a Dilophosaurus before, the JPIII Ceratosaurus, and some others.

I do agree that there's more then enough options out there for knockoff/unlicensed Jurassic Park/World figures by now though. Including I-Toy, off the top of my head, there is also Nanmu, Rebor, Papo of course, and W-Dragon too. Might even be others out there too. For official merchandise, there's pretty much only Mattel, Chronicle Collectibles, and Prime 1 Studio (might be some others out there I can't think of right now, other then Lego too) though none of those are doing 1/40 or 1/35 scale figures (give or take, because there is no real consistency in most companies product lines of these kind of figures).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halichoeres

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin yes, I know, I have the Dilopho/Sinosaurus, I was just saying I'm a little weary of figures like these. But never mind, to each their own. I often find it irritating when people disparage figures other people like, so I should at least try not to be a hypocrite!  ;D
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DinoToyCollector

I'm totally on the side of Halichoeres. But it's really a matter of personal taste and ultimately everything sells well, what looks like Jurassic Park.
The model itself looks very good for what it is.

Doug Watson

I would have loved something like this back when I was a kid but I am continually amazed that especially young people can afford them. I checked on eBay and these guys are going for around $135 CAD. I just used a dollar times calculator to figure out what that would be when I was a little dinosaur fanatic in 1962 and that comes out to $16.00 doesn't sound like much but back then I could get a brand new Aurora Monster Kit for $1.00  so it might as well have been $135. Okay don't know if that added anything to the conversation that's just how my brain works.

Georassic

Quote from: Doug Watson on March 19, 2019, 12:05:12 PM
I would have loved something like this back when I was a kid but I am continually amazed that especially young people can afford them. I checked on eBay and these guys are going for around $135 CAD. I just used a dollar times calculator to figure out what that would be when I was a little dinosaur fanatic in 1962 and that comes out to $16.00 doesn't sound like much but back then I could get a brand new Aurora Monster Kit for $1.00  so it might as well have been $135. Okay don't know if that added anything to the conversation that's just how my brain works.
I'm sliding off-thread, but I remember buying some of those Aurora sets in the 1970s for two dollars and change apiece, and I remember the excitement when I saved enough to buy a new one, then getting my mom to take me to the store to count out my change and buy it.

Doug Watson

Quote from: Georassic on March 19, 2019, 05:23:22 PM
I'm sliding off-thread, but I remember buying some of those Aurora sets in the 1970s for two dollars and change apiece, and I remember the excitement when I saved enough to buy a new one, then getting my mom to take me to the store to count out my change and buy it.

avatar_Georassic @Georassic I'd hate to tell you what I spent to get all those back on eBay some 50 years later, more than $2 and change. :o

To get back on topic I love all these JP inspired pieces I just wish they were cheaper. One thing I notice from these photos is the upper jaw seems to be deformed in the straight on shot, it dips to its left. That is a shame and is probably a production issue rather than a sculpting mistake. They did do a better job on not pronating the hands

Fenestra

I have no opinion on this Rex figure, because I'm not going to buy it.
But everytime I do end up in this thread I seem to linger over the way it is painted.
I really enjoy that splash of vibrant green.

Takama

Uncle Rex

Doug, I was 11 in 1962 and can attest that $16 represented a lot of lawn mowing or snow shovelling. I too wonder where kids today get the money to indulge their collecting. Good for them - such neat stuff to buy now. BTW, I had most of those Aurora monster kits and loved them.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.