News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dino Hazard: Hidden Reality Line

Started by Syndicate Bias, May 10, 2019, 09:52:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syndicate Bias

New Carcha Model by Dino Hazard

Plastic: Hollow Vinyl
Size: 1:20 Scale

Will be crowdfunded on Kickante. I will provide link once it goes live.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3196285093730313&id=539053109453538&anchor_composer=false

Rewards based on Contribution:

Live now!

https://www.kickante.com.br/campanhas/dinohazard-collectibles

Loon

Doesn't look bad at all. I'm not usually one for big theropods; but, I don't have an Acrocanthosaurus, and I like this one's sculpt. Are those feathers I see?

Also, $30 for something that size is pretty good.

terrorchicken

he thick! ;D

that's a great price but its gonna be so big! I don't usually get big figures(like the PNSOs) due to space issues...sigh...would be cool if he could offer a 1: 30/1:40 scale option for space challenged collectors like me.  :P

Silvanusaurus

Mmmmmmm... I really like that Invicta Wine... Nice to see some serious bulk.

Smilodon P.

Quote from: terrorchicken on May 10, 2019, 11:41:07 PM
he thick! ;D

that's a great price but its gonna be so big! I don't usually get big figures(like the PNSOs) due to space issues...sigh...would be cool if he could offer a 1: 30/1:40 scale option for space challenged collectors like me.  :P

Well, if the crowdfunding succeeds, they plan to release other figures based in the animals that appear in their sci fi book all in 1:20 scale.
(Which for me is a pity, because I would love some smaller creatures, such as Candidodon, Mirischia, the generic multituberculate, and , even, the Santanaraptor in 1:4-1:6 scale).   

paintingdinos

This price seems too good to be true. Hope it works out, will almost assuredly be backing for one of the solid color models.

mgaguilar

Shoot fam this might be one of the best figures to come out for awhile!!! SO much hype!
Thanks for letting us know S @Syndicate Bias. Pledging for $30, and might do the $120 later.

Halichoeres

Well, well. On the one hand, I'm not particularly hankering for a gigantic Carcharodontosaurus. But on the other hand, I want this to succeed so they'll make additional species, like the Amazonsaurus that the designer mentioned. I suppose I could always trade the Carcharodontosaurus down the road.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Silvanusaurus

What are the other species that could be future models?

Smilodon P.

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on May 12, 2019, 07:02:56 PM

As Halichoeres said, they are thinking of an Amazonsaurus next. However, at the original site, they had already started working on Irritator:

https://www.dinohazard.com/copia-jogos

Originally, the figures were to be of the animals presented in the Titus Aureliano's Book "Realidade Oculta" ("Occult Reality"). However, as they quoted an Astroposeidon, which had not been discovered at the time, I remain in doubt the possible other creatures to be made in the future.

(P.S.1.: According to the person in charge of the designs of the dinosaurs (information obtained in his instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hugocafasso/), they are thinking of a Santanaraptor as an extended target for this campaign and a Spinosauridae for next. )

(P.S.2: When replying to a post about the different sizes within the scale 1:20 on Facebook, they indicated the following species as an example, which, except for the last one, were all represented in the book: miniature size (Mirischia), small size (Santanaraptor), medium size (Irritator), large size (Carchacarodontosaurus), and giant size (Austroposeidon)).

(P.S.3: The species showed in the book (and, maybe, future figure possibilities) are :
a) Dinosaurs: Amazonsaurus, Titanosaurus, small ornithopod, unknown iguanodontid, Oxalaia, Irritator, Carcharodontosaurus, Santanaraptor, Mirischia and Masiakasaurus.
b) Notosuchians: Candidodon and Araripesuchus.
c) Pterosaurs: Anhanguera, Tupandactylus, Tropeognathus and Tupuxuara
d) Fishes: Mawsonia, Lepidotes, Equinoxiodus and sturgeon
e) Others: an agressive multituberculate, a polycotidae plesiosaur and a Solifuge.)

(XBOX ONE: I believe I'm done for today).

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Smilodon P. on May 12, 2019, 11:43:24 PM

As Halichoeres said, they are thinking of an Amazonsaurus next. However, at the original site, they had already started working on Irritator:

Originally, the figures were to be of the animals presented in the Titus Aureliano's Book "Realidade Oculta" ("Occult Reality"). However, as they quoted an Astroposeidon, which had not been discovered at the time, I remain in doubt the possible other creatures to be made in the future.

(P.S.1.: According to the person in charge of the designs of the dinosaurs (information obtained in his instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hugocafasso/), they are thinking of a Santanaraptor as an extended target for this campaign and a Spinosauridae for next. )

(P.S.2: When replying to a post about the different sizes within the scale 1:20 on Facebook, they indicated the following species as an example, which, except for the last one, were all represented in the book: miniature size (Mirischia), small size (Santanaraptor), medium size (Irritator), large size (Carchacarodontosaurus), and giant size (Austroposeidon)).

(P.S.3: The species showed in the book (and, maybe, future figure possibilities) are :
a) Dinosaurs: Amazonsaurus, Titanosaurus, small ornithopod, unknown iguanodontid, Oxalaia, Irritator, Carcharodontosaurus, Santanaraptor, Mirischia and Masiakasaurus.
e) Others: an agressive multituberculate, a polycotidae plesiosaur and a Solifuge.)

Oxalaia you say? Well i guess i will be funding this Carcha then  ;)

Halichoeres

Quote from: Smilodon P. on May 12, 2019, 11:43:24 PM

Wow, what a list. I think I'll have to pledge then, if only to get the Santanaraptor and a shot at those fishes, pterosaurs, and notosuchians.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

stargatedalek

That's one to keep an eye out for, especially at that price. Nice and big and I like the subtle coating of down.

JohannesB

Smilodon P.

Quote from: Archosaur on May 19, 2019, 11:24:02 PM
Interesting. But where can I pledge?

You can pledege in this page:

https://www.kickante.com.br/campanhas/dinohazard-collectibles?fbclid=IwAR3JRM4yu5HTI9qR1sXpgoZY65cF_aFnVl4cj-lHHlFzwyX4B0hA5TRjJN4

The problem is all in portuguese and it don't say nothing about international shipping.

(Since I live in the country, I've  already bought one of the first five invicta wine for almost 15 bucks).

Ikessauro

Shipping will be charged separately after the campaign, prior to shipping, around November 2019

Flaffy

Why are the coloured ones (museum replica, standard figure) only half painted? Doesnt the defeat the purpose of having a painted option?

Ikessauro

Quote from: Flaffy on May 23, 2019, 01:47:41 PM
Why are the coloured ones (museum replica, standard figure) only half painted? Doesnt the defeat the purpose of having a painted option?

They are not half painted, that is a design choice based on the novel's carcharodontosaur.

The  book author and the designer behind the project made the carcharodontosaurus scaly with only a coat of "protofeathers/filaments" over the back. The head is dark and the filaments also are dark with stripes. The body is supposed to be brown-redish in color and will have propper painting like washes, drybrushes etc to make it more detailed. But the difference in color is on purpose. The clear stop in brown is where the fluff stops on the dino.

Fenestra

I would love to get one, but not knowing what the shipping costs are going to be puts me off.
If you pledge to buy one for like, say $20, and it turns out that shipping is going to cost over $100, can you still back out?

Flaffy

Quote from: Ikessauro on May 23, 2019, 02:39:55 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on May 23, 2019, 01:47:41 PM

They are not half painted, that is a design choice based on the novel's carcharodontosaur.

The  book author and the designer behind the project made the carcharodontosaurus scaly with only a coat of "protofeathers/filaments" over the back. The head is dark and the filaments also are dark with stripes. The body is supposed to be brown-redish in color and will have propper painting like washes, drybrushes etc to make it more detailed. But the difference in color is on purpose. The clear stop in brown is where the fluff stops on the dino.

Interesting, not a very good design choice imo. The figure really does come across as being half painted.
Maybe if the contrast wasn't as extreme, or if there were more patterns on the body, it wouldn't look as weird.

The lack of information on international shipping is is off putting as well.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: