News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Don Glut's dinosaurs

Started by Libraraptor, September 03, 2012, 09:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Welcome back EmperorDinobot!!!
Nice to see you around here!

Has anyone ever heard of Don Glut? I visited his homepage that shows a quite bizarre blend of dinosaur collecting obsession and girls! Strange, isn´t it?!

www.donglutsdinosaurs.com

I´d like to know if he´s a member here, too?

tyrantqueen

Don Glut is also an actor and amateur director. I like his books, and I own many of them, but I find his website to be...distasteful :X

Takama

The proplem i have with his website is whenever i do a google image search for a specific model. I get his girls popping up in every other result.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Takama on September 03, 2012, 10:12:01 PM
The proplem i have with his website is whenever i do a google image search for a specific model. I get his girls popping up in every other result.
I know, right? It's sooo annoying :X

John

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 03, 2012, 10:38:00 PM
I know, right? It's sooo annoying :X
That's because Donald F. Glut just so happens to be a massively dirty old man! ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

John

Considering that you are a 20 year old male,I highly doubt that YOU would have such a problem with his girls popping up! ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

ajax

Quote from: Libraraptor on September 03, 2012, 09:32:07 PM

Has anyone ever heard of Don Glut? I visited his homepage that shows a quite bizarre blend of dinosaur collecting obsession and girls! Strange, isn´t it?!

How strange, he could have at least dressed the girls in 'caveman outfits' (cavewomen outfits)

John

Quote from: ajax on September 04, 2012, 12:03:04 AM
Quote from: Libraraptor on September 03, 2012, 09:32:07 PM

How strange, he could have at least dressed the girls in 'caveman outfits' (cavewomen outfits)
I was completely outraged by that smutty site! I was so disgusted,that I had to check that page out 57 times to make sure I found it offensive! ;D

mnemosaurus

Haha, honestly, I had quite a laugh when I first visited his website  ;D It's as camp as it can get.

The only really distasteful thing about it is that his house is soooooo unbelievably dusty. I really can't understand that he hasn't taken care of that before starting those dinosaur toys & girls shoots!  ;)

tyrantqueen

I think his site is objectifying :-X Especially the way he puts in women in poses with the toys, as though they are nothing more than objects like the figures are. *yuck*

Nonetheless, I do enjoy his books. I wish he would write some more. His dictionaries and scrapbooks are awesome :)

CityRaptor

You only have his girls popping up when searching for a specific model? I get them whenever searching a for an animal he has on his site...

While I have yet to read one of his books, I watched some of the shows he wrote.

As for his collection, he got quite a nice one here, with some real rarities and also oddities. 
Also this one explains why everything is dusty: http://donglutsdinosaurs.com/miscellaneous-toy-dinosaurs/
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

juju1305

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 04, 2012, 01:26:38 PM
I think his site is objectifying :-X Especially the way he puts in women in poses with the toys, as though they are nothing more than objects like the figures are. *yuck*

Nonetheless, I do enjoy his books. I wish he would write some more. His dictionaries and scrapbooks are awesome :)

fully agree. If there was humor on top of it and a male/female balance on the pics I could live with it, but I really dislike them, it's really objectifying and it really messes up search engines too because for some reason I always end up landing on his stupid blog when looking for a particular model.

Simon

Dinosaurs?  I was just on his website and I don't recall seeing a single dinosaur!  ;D ;D ;D

Simon

OK.  So he's a perv.  Hollywood is full of them.  As far as his site goes, it frankly sux.  Not impressed by his model collection (dinosaur or artificially-enhanced skanks)  ::)  The pen and ink drawings looked more promising but they were usually obscured by the bimbos.

Don't know anything about his books so I can't opine there ...

DinoToyForum

Quote from: CityRaptor on September 04, 2012, 01:46:37 PM
You only have his girls popping up when searching for a specific model? I get them whenever searching a for an animal he has on his site...

While I have yet to read one of his books, I watched some of the shows he wrote.

As for his collection, he got quite a nice one here, with some real rarities and also oddities. 
Also this one explains why everything is dusty: http://donglutsdinosaurs.com/miscellaneous-toy-dinosaurs/

Because they are too high to dust? Riiight. Surely it's because Don is way too much of a red-blooded manly man to be seen dead flitting one of these around the house:

I'm surprised he doesn't get one of his assistants to be the maid and help with the cleaning, he could take photos. :P

Takama

A non sexy photo from his site

Quote from: John on September 03, 2012, 10:52:35 PM
Considering that you are a 20 year old male,I highly doubt that YOU would have such a problem with his girls popping up! ;D

You kidding, Lord knows what he has given them ::)

John

Quote from: Takama on September 04, 2012, 10:38:19 PM

A non sexy photo from his site

Quote from: John on September 03, 2012, 10:52:35 PM

You kidding, Lord knows what he has given them ::)
They could all blame him and he can blame them!"I got this from all of you!"
"YOU were the one to give it to US,perv boy!!!!" ;D

Takama

Hey i found that image while searching for Bullyland dino pictures on google. :P

Seijun

I love and hate looking at that man's collection. Love for the dinos, but hate for the fact that his collection is so much more awesome than mine, lol. However, I have to be careful about looking at his collection at work during break. I don't want people to get the wrong impression about me *cough*
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Takama

Quote from: Seijun on September 05, 2012, 12:47:24 AM
I love and hate looking at that man's collection. Love for the dinos, but hate for the fact that his collection is so much more awesome than mine, lol. However, I have to be careful about looking at his collection at work during break. I don't want people to get the wrong impression about me *cough*

same deal with me at college

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: