News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PrimevalRaptor's photographic experiments

Started by PrimevalRaptor, July 22, 2019, 07:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrimevalRaptor

After lurking on the forum for years I figured it was well about time to finally make an account here since I've gotten into actually taking photos of my massive collection over the last year, expect mostly older figures or recent ones I picked up in Germany since I rarely order online :P
Those of you who follow my DA will already know those pics here but I'll slowly post them here including some of my thoughts on the models, hope you'll enjoy! :D

Starting off with my first subject, the Papo Kaprosuchus, I was really giddy after finding this one at a local Mueller last year, it's been ages since I last saw a Papo over here, so I immediately picked it up, really an incredible figure, you gotta give it to Papo, they're amazing at lifelike figures!
That's it for this post but I'll see you guys soon!

Shonisaurus

Papo's kaprosuchus is a figure that despite the passage of time is still an outstanding figure and comparable in genius to his counterpart in Safari, although I like Doug Watson's paleoartistic representation more.

Halichoeres

Welcome to the forum! I look forward to your contributions.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

PrimevalRaptor

Thank you guys! :D

And I agree, the Safari one nails the anatomy more imo but this one reeeaally allows for some good photos!

PrimevalRaptor

I hope it's okay to post again since the last one's from me but I finally got some more pics of two of my older models. :D

First off Papo's Pachyrhinosaurus, pretty cool model but been a bit tricky to get a good shot of (do also think the frill could use a bit more color :P)

But for the main attraction:

The Papo Allosaurus is still one of my favorite models all the time after it's release even despite it's accuracies, it's just such a cool and alive looking model! (Really gotta get my hands on the new Safari one though, that one is amazing!)

So much personality in this guy :D

Really like this shot, the rain from yesterday created a scenery that almost looks like a dried up river

That's gonna be it from now, until the next time I venture out (I still gotta get some good shots of the Baryonyx, last time I did that they were on the balcony lol)

ZoPteryx

Nice!  I really like the dramatic lighting in many of these.

PrimevalRaptor

Thank you! I seem to kinda have a knack for that lmao
Might also be since most of those are taken in the afternoon :D

Also while I took some new pics today I'm still seeing how they turned out so in the meantime some older ones from this spring, featuring one of my favorite models, Safari's Postosuchus! The posture(suchus) might be outdated but man, I love the coloration and it's just really lifelike, enjoy!

Here's a shot featuring CollectA's Sarcosuchus as a phytosaur in the distance, was quite fun to get a nice angle there:

And before I leave, a small treat for the JP fans among you guys:

Jose S.M.

Nice shots. That Postosuchus is a beauty. If Safari decides to update it to it's now known posture, it would be a challenge surpass it.

Shonisaurus

The velociraptor shown among the grass honestly seems like a movie figure from the JW franchise. The images with the postosuchus of Safari have left you gorgeous.  :)

Philoceratops

Email: [email protected]

Discord: https://discord.gg/znHwHt4

Twitter: https://twitter.com/philoceratops

Instagram: @philoceratops_art

PrimevalRaptor

Thanks everyone!
Honestly as much as I prefer the real Velociraptor, the old Papo one does an amazing job at embodying the JP feel, that's why I was really excited when I saw this in a small store back then (my first Papo :D)

And for the new ones I teased, here we are!

First off Papo's "Ankylosaurus" aka Euoplocephalus, again a very funky pose for photos.

But the surprising star was the Carnegie Miragaia, I always really liked the colors on this model and the general shape of this stegosaur is very interesting, makes for cool photos as well!

This one is my favorite tbh, shows off the pose nicely and the shadow itself is a nice touch imo

Shonisaurus

The shadow photo of Carnegie's miragaia has been spectacular. It looks like a paleoartistic painting work.

eion129

I am a Dinosaur Fan and my favorite is T Rex. Want to make friends with T Rex lovers.

https://luckytoy.ecrater.com/

PrimevalRaptor

Thank you guys! :D

After getting Papo's Quetzalcoatlus this Christmas, I went on a photo spree today, despite it's flaws it's a really great model for photos, the pose is pretty fun!

This rocky area close to our local park really offered itself for this big guy. :D

Edit: I actually forgot to show off this one, the Favorite Apatosaurus is one of my favorite sauropod models and I tried some perspective to make it look properly big. :D

PrimevalRaptor

So after recently picking it up, here's some pics of Safari's Nasutoceratops! If you don't own this gem yet, go grab it, it's absolutely stunning!

Shonisaurus

avatar_PrimevalRaptor @PrimevalRaptor I congratulate you on your photos of the Safari nasutoceratops, Papo's pterosaur and Favorite's apatosaurus. Your paleoartistic works are great. I wouldn't be surprised if you won the contest organized by Miron from urzeitshop.

PrimevalRaptor

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus Thank you! I gotta admit after years of stalking the forum I always wanted to take part in that contest (or even build actual Dioramas) but I gotta get some space for that at first. :D (Though I've seen some entries that were photographs in nature so who knows :D)

And now that my Safari Deinonychus is here, I immediately had to head out for some pictures, absolutely love this model, it's so birdlike!

Kapitaenosavrvs

Great! I was in a special Forest, here in the North. I saw so much possible Dinosaur Pictures. I was with my mother and their Dog. It was clear to me, that i'll have to bring some Figures the next time. She just rolled her Eyes. It was something like "My Son is 30 Years and he talks about taking Pictures with Dinosaur Toys in the Forest..." :D

(PS: Next Month i am going to Print your Art. This Month was not possible, because my PC Chair broke down and i had to Order a new one :( )

PrimevalRaptor

Haha, I can imagine that! I'm glad my mum is a bit "crazy" herself (she likes to collect wolf figures) so she understands me with this :D (and heck, she's the one who started this :P)
And no worries, they won't run away! :D

Got some new pictures here, this time from our local park again on a spontaneous trip that yielded me the Papo Gorgosaurus! (And a chance to test my new phone camera)
Asplendid model of a really great tyrannosaurid, thanks to being based on the WWD design. The pose is a bit weird but you can make it work and it stands pretty well!
Personally I'd prefer some feathers but still a very great model.

The ivy in the last pic may ruin the sense of scale a bit but the shot itself shows off the model pretty well so I kept it. :D

PrimevalRaptor

Been some time since my last photo session but with the Papo Giganotosaurus in my hands, I had to take it along on a stroll through my local park.
I'm still not a fan of the short tail and the pose (it actually made it a bit tricky to get good photos) but in the right angles it looks pretty great, especially the head!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: