You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Duna's collection (Ikea cabinet and more) "updated feb"

Started by Duna, October 15, 2019, 09:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duna

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 17, 2022, 12:46:14 AMThanks for all the photos, it's a good-looking figure. I'm curious about the olive oil: is it used to soften the plastic and then washed off, or as a lubricant when attaching the tail? I would have assumed that it would eventually go rancid in the latter case.
As a lubricant, yep, I'm more comfortable with natural lubricants (maybe glicerin too) because some mineral oils (most are made of petrolatum) could damage the rubber. As we know here, virgin olive oil doesn't perish, but the quantity inside would be almost inexistant. Mostly because I wasn't sure if I would have to take the tail out later to correct or cut something, and if I used water, that would have been imposible because water would have dried and rubber would stick inside. I have not tried to take the tail out, maybe is still posible.

Halichoeres

Interesting, I had never heard anyone say that olive oil isn't perishable, but even if it did spoil you're right that the quantity would be pretty small.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Rebor's tyrannosaurus is super interesting, it's perhaps one of the best made tyrannosaurus scientific figures on the market, it's more interesting than the PNSO one and it's huge. Thank you for sharing the photos, it is very beautiful.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.