News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR 1:35 X-REX Swarm & REBOR 1:35 X-rex Broodlord

Started by GojiraGuy1954, October 21, 2019, 08:20:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

REBOR 1:35 X-REX Swarm
Plague

Radioactive

REBOR 1:35 X-rex Broodlord

Mechanic

Organic

EDIT: Fixed the images since I know how to do that now
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

stargatedalek

Quote from: CityRaptor on October 21, 2019, 09:06:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCbfMkh940Q

Wouldn't those things be copyright infringement?
Nope. You can't copyright an art-style or general concept of a design.

triceratops83

Ugh. I bet these are going to be frustratingly popular.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Derek.McManus

Nuke the site from orbit...great quote! I rented the movie way back when, yes I  that old my late father was in the room reading his newspaper...I noticed him watching over the top then he gave up folded the paper and watched the movie!   :)

Takama

Quote from: TheRealSpinoRex on October 21, 2019, 08:20:52 AM
REBOR 1:35 X-REX Swarm
Plague

Radioactive

REBOR 1:35 X-rex Broodlord
Mechanic

Organic

Fixed the images for ya

Once again I wonder if these things would feel right at home on our blog along side the indoraptor, Indominus and Tyrantegosaurus

Blade-of-the-Moon

Would have been better if they had used raptors for the swarm /drones.

Patrx

Killekor

As I have said before in another thread, this "things" are horrific and monstrous abominations (at least for me).
Any real dinosaur would die of fear and horror just seeing these.

I'm sorry if I've been rude but I really don't like these models. I always liked a lot the REBOR figures, but these "things" are not my cup of tea.

avatar_Takama @Takama As I said in another post, I don't think that these figures should be reviewed on the blog, being more "Alien" figures that dinosaur/hybrid models.
Jw Hybrids, predasaurs, Godzilla etc etc are invented creatures too, but they're still some strange dinosaur-like creatures. But these models are just Alien figures with a bit of dinosaur appearance.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

stargatedalek

I quite like them, saves me having to 3D print the ARK Reaper model xD

I think these should be fair game for the blog, I don't see how "dinosaur crossed with fictional species" is any less of a dinosaur than "dinosaur crossed with frog".

Blade-of-the-Moon

To be fair based on the Xenomorph life cycle a dinosaur DID die to create one. lol

I actually always wanted a dinosaur/alien crossover..was always surprised Kenner didn't do it.

Mattyonyx

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 21, 2019, 06:55:33 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on October 21, 2019, 09:06:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCbfMkh940Q

Wouldn't those things be copyright infringement?
Nope. You can't copyright an art-style or general concept of a design.

What about Rip-Offs  of Fan Arts?

Because that's what they are.

Original art by Stjepan Šejić

The alternate head is a copy of RJ Palmer's Alien T. rex

Halichoeres

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 22, 2019, 04:49:44 PM
I quite like them, saves me having to 3D print the ARK Reaper model xD

I think these should be fair game for the blog, I don't see how "dinosaur crossed with fictional species" is any less of a dinosaur than "dinosaur crossed with frog".

I hate them so much!

I don't really think they belong on the blog, personally (though that's emphatically not my call). The JP dinosaurs didn't share any important physical traits with frogs, the frogs were just a plot device to explain their sudden ability to breed (if I'd been Crichton, I'd have used parthenogenetic lizards, but whatever). These are just sci-fi aliens that have used a dinosaur to incubate a phase of their life cycle.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Foxngn

Although this is not a dinosaur.
I definitely gonna get 1 of them. Though i wonder did Rebor get license from the original artist?

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Foxngn on October 23, 2019, 03:04:14 AM
I definitely gonna get 1 of them. Though i wonder did Rebor get license from the original artist?

Yes we did :)

Ravonium

Quote from: Mattyonyx on October 22, 2019, 10:44:21 PM

*snip*

*double-snip*

In REBOR's defense, putting Xenomorph characteristics on a T. rex isn't that original of an idea.

PumperKrickel

deleted

Mattyonyx

Quote from: Ravonium on October 23, 2019, 04:25:59 PM
Quote from: Mattyonyx on October 22, 2019, 10:44:21 PM

*snip*

*double-snip*

In REBOR's defense, putting Xenomorph characteristics on a T. rex isn't that original of an idea.

It's not about the idea, it's about the Design. The same idea can be used to create different designs, and Rebor chose an already available one; nothing wrong with it if there's the granting of a license.
Speaking of which... If it's true, avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO , why not mentioning Šejić? He is a well-known illustrator and the Fan Art is pretty famous.

Over9K

I think people need to realize that the dinosauria isn't just the extinct fauna of the Triassic, Jurassic and the Cretaceous. There is a variant of the dinosauria that is born of pop culture and still lives there, and like it or not, they're valid as dinosaurs.

Opinions on the figures themselves are fine, but to say a dinosaur figure shouldn't be covered on a dinosaur blog, simply because it has elements of another pop culture invention is disingenuous, given that the configuration of some dinosaurs we see today are themselves, pop culture inventions.

To suggest otherwise is a bit gatekeepery, IMO. YMMV.

Foxngn

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on October 23, 2019, 07:31:01 AM
Quote from: Foxngn on October 23, 2019, 03:04:14 AM

Yes we did :)

That's a relief.  ;)
Wish there will be a release date soon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: