News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo 2020

Started by Renecito, November 28, 2019, 05:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

Honestly at this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if a Papo Dreadnoughtus looked like this  ::)

Loon

Quote from: Flaffy on March 10, 2020, 06:54:42 PM
Honestly at this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if a Papo Dreadnoughtus looked like this  ::)

Your image isn't showing up for me, maybe because it's from discord?

Flaffy

Quote from: Loon on March 10, 2020, 07:23:38 PM
Your image isn't showing up for me, maybe because it's from discord?
should work now  ^-^

Killekor

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy Lol! I actually would buy a sauropod like that.

Anyways, a Papo Dreadnoughtus would be a really nice surprise! I think it would be the very first rendition of this dinosaur released by a big company. I hope that at least it will be big enough, considering the genus!

Killekor

P.S. avatar_Lu_Yuping @Lu_Yuping welcome and thanks for the information! I hope that you'll enjoy to be here!
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Dinoxels

Amazing. Personally I can see Papo making it do a handstand and having a really curly tail. Also I could see it using it's head as a tripod  ;D
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

stargatedalek

You joke but a sauropod with a snake body as its neck seems like a really cool and interesting monster design. I'd probably consider buying it if Papo made that.

More fun and interesting than doing the most generic "pseudo-accurate" design possible, bland grey, brown, or green colour and all, like we usually see from them.

Lu_Yuping

Quote from: DragonRider02 on March 10, 2020, 06:02:17 PM
Isn't Dreadnoughtus too obscure for Papo? 🤔

I'm trying to find it but it's difficult because I accessed it whilst in China and a lot of websites are inaccessible now I'm back in the UK. It's all written in Mandarin anyway. I'll let you know if I find it again.

Lu_Yuping

Quote from: Killekor on March 10, 2020, 07:45:47 PM
avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy Lol! I actually would buy a sauropod like that.

Anyways, a Papo Dreadnoughtus would be a really nice surprise! I think it would be the very first rendition of this dinosaur released by a big company. I hope that at least it will be big enough, considering the genus!

Killekor

P.S. avatar_Lu_Yuping @Lu_Yuping welcome and thanks for the information! I hope that you'll enjoy to be here!

Thank you very much!

Lu_Yuping

This made me laugh a lot.  ;D ;D

Avian

A Papo Dreadnoughtus would definitely rise to the top of my wishlist, and quickly. Probably. I guess we'll just have to wait and see whether its ever produced at all.
You must understand the past before you can change the future.

Toasaurus

I really hope this rumour is true I've been waiting years for a company to do a dreadnoughtus
Would abesloutely forgive the giga if this papo dreadnoughtus rumour is true

Stegotyranno420

If that drawing was real then it could work as a wierd cup holder or pen holder

Loon

I really do hope this thing is massive. I have been craving a genuinely big sauropod for a while. While I love Mattel's Brachiosaurus, I want a dense hunk of plastic. Though, I pray they really do their research for this thing.

Shonisaurus

I wish it to be scientifically accurate as Papo spinosaurus limited edition. A titanosaur like dreadnoughtus would be great.

It seems that Papo follows the same philosophy of Safari, Eofauna and Collecta in the case of making obscure sauropods in the toy market.

Lu_Yuping

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 11, 2020, 07:50:33 AM
It seems that Papo follows the same philosophy of Safari, Eofauna and Collecta in the case of making obscure sauropods in the toy market.

I'd imagine its inclusion on Jurassic World Evolution has boosted its profile, although you'd imagine one of the largest land animals to exist would have more of a presence.

CityRaptor

Quote from: stargatedalek on March 10, 2020, 10:10:35 PM
You joke but a sauropod with a snake body as its neck seems like a really cool and interesting monster design. I'd probably consider buying it if Papo made that.

More fun and interesting than doing the most generic "pseudo-accurate" design possible, bland grey, brown, or green colour and all, like we usually see from them.

Well, it already exists:
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

suspsy

I'd be more tempted to buy it if it was like that.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

Quote from: suspsy on March 11, 2020, 03:06:49 PM

I'd be more tempted to buy it if it was like that.

I certainly wouldn't mind if he is well sculpted like most Papo dinosaurs except for his amargasaurus, I wouldn't mind a dreadnoughtus with that interesting and funny pose, although I think the dreadnoughtus will be like his apatosaurus Papo, having Note that it is a limited version, they will do their best to make a titanosaur more precise than figures like his giganotosaurus and even his chilesaurus (although I like this last figure of Papo a lot).

Concavenator

Nobody has ever said Papo is making a Dreadnoughtus  ::) It's just from avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy 's joke.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Concavenator on March 11, 2020, 07:56:47 PM

Nobody has ever said Papo is making a Dreadnoughtus  ::) It's just from avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy 's joke.

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator But our new DTF member Lu_Yuping comments that there are rumors that they are going to do a dreadnoughtus, so therefore unconfirmed rumors. Honestly it is very difficult to think of Papo making a dreadnoughtus, but who would have thought that Papo made a chilesaurus this year? It is not misguided. I sincerely would prefer a turiasaurus to another titanosaurus and belonging to Spain, to the Iberian Peninsula, before the dreadnoughtus. They are simple rumors, but one also lives by illusion, hopefully at least Papo will make another species darker this year apart from the Chilean dinosaur Chilesaurus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: