News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2020

Started by Loon, December 05, 2019, 05:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenSx

OMG I want that Nanmu T-Rex.

I'm starting a small but high quality dino collection.
I alwready plan to get the Nanmu Spinosaurus, and I really need that Rex too !
I hope they can release it before going bankrupt with the upcoming economic recession  :(

Mirroraptor

Quote from: SenSx on March 13, 2020, 06:44:40 PM

I hope they can release it before going bankrupt with the upcoming economic recession  :(

Nanmu will not be so easy to go bankrupt.
As far as I know, China's foundries have now resumed work and are producing at full capacity. We will soon see their new products.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Mirroraptor on March 17, 2020, 04:15:10 AM
Quote from: SenSx on March 13, 2020, 06:44:40 PM

Nanmu will not be so easy to go bankrupt.
As far as I know, China's foundries have now resumed work and are producing at full capacity. We will soon see their new products.

Reassuring message, I am more concerned with people who may suffer unemployment than the stoppage to a lesser or greater extent of production. I don't want anyone to become unemployed, not even my worst enemy.

Hopefully Nanmu and the vast majority of companies in the various sectors of the industry will be saved from economic bankruptcy and recession and unemployment. I prefer that all people have a job and in this case that the Nanmu brand continues to produce figures and that it does not close its factory to that they have to indefinitely postpone the tyrannosaurus of Nanmu.

Takama

Color Scheme reveald for the Apatosaurus

Looks Famileir

Blade-of-the-Moon

Shocking..they copied Sideshow..again. ugh

Shonisaurus

That Nanmu apatosaurus will cost a fortune. I suppose the price will be the equivalent of one week of work.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 18, 2020, 05:41:40 PM
That Nanmu apatosaurus will cost a fortune. I suppose the price will be the equivalent of one week of work.

Probably the same as the mosasaur or close.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon I understand that more than the Nanmu mosasaurus the size is enormous even if it is the vinyl apatosaurus I guess it will cost like the PNSO huangetitan. It will cost much more than 150 euros.

PhilSauria

I don't mind that they copied Sideshow, I really like their Apatosaurus but it is way out of my price range, this one will still cost a lot I'm sure but somehow I'm going to try to scrape together the funds to get hold of it. More chance of getting one of these than the Sideshow.

SidB

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 18, 2020, 05:34:23 PM
Imitation, the sincerest form of flattery?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SidB on March 19, 2020, 01:38:54 AM

Then they should have copied the head/neck too. ;)

It's a kitbash really, part Jurassic World and part Sideshow.  Having the Sideshow already I would prefer to have an accurate to the film JW Apatosaurus to go with their other, already established JP/JW pieces.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 19, 2020, 02:56:43 AM

It's a kitbash really, part Jurassic World and part Sideshow.  Having the Sideshow already I would prefer to have an accurate to the film JW Apatosaurus to go with their other, already established JP/JW pieces.
Well, the Allosaurus isn't an exact depiction of the JW creature, sooooo...

Speaking of, hopefully someone is getting one.  I'd kinda like one, but would rather see a review on how well the leg holds up first.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on March 19, 2020, 10:41:23 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 19, 2020, 02:56:43 AM

Well, the Allosaurus isn't an exact depiction of the JW creature, sooooo...

Speaking of, hopefully someone is getting one.  I'd kinda like one, but would rather see a review on how well the leg holds up first.

No not 100% , they made it without proper renders to work from. So  I can forgive that, it's really an almost wholly original piece.

However this :

Still looks closer to this :

Which admittedly looks a whole heck of a lot like the Papo Allosaurus anyway.

Than this :

I guess what really bothers me as I have a 100 sources for nice accurate fairly affordable dinosaurs, really nice accurate to the films JP/JW pieces are difficult, even the 30.00 Amber Collection isn't as nice, you have to go to Chronicle or Iron Studios which if your lucky is a few hundred bucks.  It was also nice they were kinds in scale.   When a company goes away from what you were building as a collection it's difficult to deal with, a bit annoying really.  You've invested so much already and then they go off book.  Direct copying from an existing sculpture you just have to scan like that also feels..lazy?  I guess it's not much better than using existing renders from a film..but I digress would have been better with something else entirely I suppose.

Loon

Another reveal, Ceratosaurus.

Weird it's not based on the JP3 design.

Also, I updated to first post with these new images and several of the new images shared in this thread. That first post needed updating, some of the figure's images weren't working anymore. So, now it's all up to date.

Shonisaurus

It is good to know that Nanmu Studio continues to produce dinosaurs and that this ceratosaurus is not based on JP, it may be that in the future Nanmu Studio will make dinosaurs one hundred percent scientific.

On the other hand I would like the Nanmu Studio ceratosaurus to be biped but it is only my personal opinion. Although it is more artistic a theropod holding on one leg and in a hunting position running.

SidB

Honestly, the pricing for these pieces is almost a relief. They remove from me the temptation to buy any of them - beyond my reach. Also, I get it that these have a strong JP influence, so the theropods will have pronated hands, but to me this shuts the door on them, despite their high production values.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Eh..I think I'm starting to lose interest in this line.  While it's ok, it's a very typical modern Ceratosaurus. I don't hold out much hope for that pose being stable on such a narrow base.   ..and it comes with a shark? I can do without that too.

I did hear from lanatimeshop that the Allosaurus is now in stock and will be shipping out in a couple days.  They also mentioned they were contacting customers to make sure that their countries were still receiving packages normally. If you prefer they could hold it for you.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon I ordered the two allosaurus from Nanmu on Aliexpress but the store is another. I will contact vendors because in the face of tragic events my nation is going through I doubt that they can provide postal service. Thanks for the info.

Blade-of-the-Moon

very welcome.  Funny thing I just noticed, their lineup pic is made up of 7 as yet to be released pieces at least one more than the released ones..how far ahead are they planning? If the Cerato is 4th quarter, then between now and then we have 6 pieces.

SenSx

I don't know why but I'm not a big fan of the Nanmu Allosaurus.
It's good quality, byt I prefer the sculpts of the W-Dragon and Papo ones.
I think I'll get the W-Dragon one.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: