News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2020

Started by Loon, December 05, 2019, 05:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Shonisaurus

Wow!!! That JW mosaurus looks great. I already have it in charge. I suppose that figure will be available in May. Thanks for the photography it looks huge.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 30, 2020, 12:47:31 PM
Wow!!! That JW mosaurus looks great. I already have it in charge. I suppose that figure will be available in May. Thanks for the photography it looks huge.

my preorder says may-june. but things are moving slower now.

comparison pic :

unpainted , looks like the tail is poseable

Flaffy

Damn, the Nanmu JW Mosasaurus is exactly what I wanted ever since Hasbro's pathetic attempt.
Mattel's one definitely ain't bad at all for a 20 buck toy, but the bobble head and midget tail are extremely noticeable. Just wish Mattel focused on getting better proportions for their figures  :-\

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Flaffy on March 30, 2020, 03:53:54 PM
Damn, the Nanmu JW Mosasaurus is exactly what I wanted ever since Hasbro's pathetic attempt.
Mattel's one definitely ain't bad at all for a 20 buck toy, but the bobble head and midget tail are extremely noticeable. Just wish Mattel focused on getting better proportions for their figures  :-\

At least it wasn't Hasbro's version.

So it seems they are releasing a limited number of the pink version too..I have no idea why, but it seems it might be a little bigger/thicker?

Fenestra

The difference I see between the two Mosasaurus is that the tail on the pink one bends downwards.
Maybe it's a softer material? Or maybe even bendable material?

Shonisaurus

The pink version of Nanmu seems to be an unpainted prototype without painting, you cannot guess if the figure is completely finished. I think it is a new paint version of Nanmu mosasaurus and with jointed tail.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm thinking both versions may have a flexible tail..like the Indominus did.

Loon

New pictures.

Apatosaurus:

T. rex busts:

PhilSauria

Even though I so want to own that Apatosaurus with what is going on in the world at the moment it has dropped down on the priorities list!

Shonisaurus

I am excited to see those two versions in paint of the Nanmu apatosaurus, I understand that the price will go through the roof although it will be less expensive than expected considering that much of the body of the Nanmu apatosaurus is made of hollow vinyl. On the other hand, when will you be able to buy the Nanmu tyrannosaurus rex in its two versions of paint?

Faelrin

I love how close to film accurate (mostly) and in scale these are. Seeing how big their Apatosaurus is makes me wonder how big Mattel's would be if they ever did one. The Mosasaurus looks nice side by side with Mattel's and definitely has the better proportions.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Faelrin on April 05, 2020, 03:33:23 PM
I love how close to film accurate (mostly) and in scale these are. Seeing how big their Apatosaurus is makes me wonder how big Mattel's would be if they ever did one. The Mosasaurus looks nice side by side with Mattel's and definitely has the better proportions.

You mean accurate ( mostly) for the whole line or just the Apatosaurus? Seeing it painted the JW Apato head they stuck on there looks way too big, unless its meant to be a juvenile?   If Mattel did one you can get a good idea based on the brachiosaurus.

SenSx

Oh my god, thank you for those Nanmu Jurassic Park like Rex pictures.
It looks amazing, maybe even better than the Rebor one, I'm still waiting for its release for making a comparaison between the two, but the Nanmu probably has more details put into it, and of course the paint job will be great, as always.
I'll probably pick the brown was for the nostalgia, but the green paint might be better, it has more contrast into it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SenSx on April 05, 2020, 08:14:20 PM
Oh my god, thank you for those Nanmu Jurassic Park like Rex pictures.
It looks amazing, maybe even better than the Rebor one, I'm still waiting for its release for making a comparaison between the two, but the Nanmu probably has more details put into it, and of course the paint job will be great, as always.
I'll probably pick the brown was for the nostalgia, but the green paint might be better, it has more contrast into it.

I think it's better than Rebor one in terms of accuracy to the film. Rebor's has that rough skin/scale pattern that the film didn't and the teeth on Rebor's are too uniform.

I haven't found a suitable green Rex ( Male Bull ) replica from the film yet, there are differences that make it work, not just different paint.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Shonisaurus

Woohoo!!!!! Three tyrannosaurus in various color versions by Nanmu Studio based on the JP / JW franchise. They are very cool for a collector like me on the facebook website they announce that the pre-order of these beautiful figures will be available next week.

By the way the "crystal" tyrannnosaurus can be a fluorescent figure? I comment this because I have also observed that detail in the Nanmu indominus and it seems to me that one of the two special versions is fluorescent PVC.

That velociraptor looks great, I think Nanmu Studio velociraptors will make very good friends with their Rebor counterparts putting them together looking like a pack of those terrifying raptors immortalized in the JP / JW movie.

Mattyonyx

It's about time someone finally made a model of the Ghost T-Rex from JP///...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 18, 2020, 06:47:41 PM
Woohoo!!!!! Three tyrannosaurus in various color versions by Nanmu Studio based on the JP / JW franchise. They are very cool for a collector like me on the facebook website they announce that the pre-order of these beautiful figures will be available next week.

By the way the "crystal" tyrannnosaurus can be a fluorescent figure? I comment this because I have also observed that detail in the Nanmu indominus and it seems to me that one of the two special versions is fluorescent PVC.

That velociraptor looks great, I think Nanmu Studio velociraptors will make very good friends with their Rebor counterparts putting them together looking like a pack of those terrifying raptors immortalized in the JP / JW movie.

The scale will be very different though between Rebor and Nanmu raptors.

Quote from: Mattyonyx on April 18, 2020, 07:24:44 PM

you know that would make a neat diorama.. "ghosts of isla nublar" .
It's about time someone finally made a model of the Ghost T-Rex from JP///...

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 18, 2020, 03:57:55 PM

I find myself less and less attracted to PVC figures (much less JP dinos) as my resin collection grows but I gotta admit these look fantastic! That buck is a must have!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: