News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2020

Started by Loon, December 05, 2019, 05:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgaguilar

These look awesome! But I heard they were a bit larger than the standard 1:35 / 1:40.

Shonisaurus

Then they will be spectacular tyrannosaurus, if the sizes are larger than expected. The "glassy" tyrannosaurus as I call it is the most interesting of the three, it looks like it's a tyrannosaurus rex ghost.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: mgaguilar on April 19, 2020, 10:55:11 AM
These look awesome! But I heard they were a bit larger than the standard 1:35 / 1:40.

I don't recall an exact scale mentioned before for them, but maybe. I'm expecting about the size of Rebor's Queen Rex.  They do seem to scale with the human figure of Owen in that one ghost pic. The human figures are about the size of the Schleich human or CollectA.

If you mean the Raptors, they also seemed to scale with the human Muldoon figure if I recall. I guess we can see, if they had to go a little larger for details I guess it makes sense.

SenSx

Here you go again with the Nanmu Rex pics !

AMAZING! Of course if you're making a JP collection...
I won't get both, so I'm still hesitant between the Brown and the green, the green looks amazing too.
Can't wait for the release date and price reveal.

The raptors will be truly scaled in 1/35, so they will be small compare to other franchise's raptors.
Why not, but I'm looking for bigger ones, I'll just pretend they're very big Utahs ^^

Blade-of-the-Moon

Just received a notice the Mosasaur shipped, though it may just be the free gift..again.

Oh it also seems if you want the "ghost rex" you have order both the brown and green versions and it's free.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 24, 2020, 03:39:49 AM
Just received a notice the Mosasaur shipped, though it may just be the free gift..again.

Oh it also seems if you want the "ghost rex" you have order both the brown and green versions and it's free.

Thanks for the news about the tyrannosaurus from Nanmu I wasn't planning to buy the ghost version but since I plan to order both versions of paint from Nanmu Studio, it is good news to have the limited version for free. It is a detail by Nanmu.

SenSx

I'm probably alone here and you will find it to be a detail, but I don't like the orange eyes they gave to the brown Rex :(
It should have been yellow like in the movie.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SenSx on April 24, 2020, 04:36:36 PM
I'm probably alone here and you will find it to be a detail, but I don't like the orange eyes they gave to the brown Rex :(
It should have been yellow like in the movie.

Hard to tell but it could be yellow with a wash over it, a sort of golden color.  Most just use gold paint.

The prop eye shows all the detail and diff colors used, but it would very hard to get that look at the scale we are getting.

SenSx

Well I do understand their choice for a a more pronounced eye color, they wanted both Rex to look different even on the eyes, with a tone that would fit the brownish color.
But that's not a perfect score anymore for me...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Shonisaurus

The JP / JW tyrannosaurus rex figures are very well made according to the movie, but the price of the three figures is a bit high even buying one of their figures the price is around more than 82 euros. I will honestly wait to buy if I can (which I doubt) on Aliexpress whose prices are usually more reasonable. Honestly, if I bought these three figures, they would demand tariff rates that far exceed the price so that they demand customs duties. I prefer the prices to calm down and if not I prefer to buy them in the Belgian store where they sell JP / JW figures mentioned on the first pages. It is much more practical for me even if it involves more additional costs.

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon Thanks for the links, at least the economic situation in China is fortunately not as bad as I thought.

SenSx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 24, 2020, 05:55:20 PM
I understand. It wouldnt hard to repaint either if desired.

Preorder is up : https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nanmu-Tyrannosaurus-Rex-Figure-Alpha-T-Rex-Dinosaur-Toys-Trex-Animal-Collector/254578597779?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=554304524190&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Lana also apparently has their own store up, but I'm not sure about ordering from it, even if you save a few bucks. 
https://lanatime-shop.com/products/nanmu-1-35-tyrannosaurus-rex-figure?fbclid=IwAR0HyKvyEoAUj1of7_j0UY7CJAdD8mAjWAkdtsUin7rN8M6AHrRprwox0aU

I was going to order it along with the W-Dragon Brachiosaurus directly from the Lana store site, is it really unreliable and unsafe ?
Is their shop on Ebay better ?

Bigbadstore shippment is too expensive for Europe, and I don't know what to think of Alliexpress, the last time I ordered something there it never arrived and I only use Paypal as payment method on internet.

Thx

Edit: Well I'll buy those on the Lana store on Ebay instead.

10 more bucks each, but at least there is Ebay and Paypal behind to secure it.
I don't want to receive a damage product and not having any way to complain and fix the problem.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SenSx on April 24, 2020, 07:56:02 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 24, 2020, 05:55:20 PM
I understand. It wouldnt hard to repaint either if desired.

Preorder is up : https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nanmu-Tyrannosaurus-Rex-Figure-Alpha-T-Rex-Dinosaur-Toys-Trex-Animal-Collector/254578597779?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=554304524190&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Lana also apparently has their own store up, but I'm not sure about ordering from it, even if you save a few bucks. 
https://lanatime-shop.com/products/nanmu-1-35-tyrannosaurus-rex-figure?fbclid=IwAR0HyKvyEoAUj1of7_j0UY7CJAdD8mAjWAkdtsUin7rN8M6AHrRprwox0aU

I was going to order it along with the W-Dragon Brachiosaurus directly from the Lana store site, is it really unreliable and unsafe ?
Is their shop on Ebay better ?

Bigbadstore shippment is too expensive for Europe, and I don't know what to think of Alliexpress, the last time I ordered something there it never arrived and I only use Paypal as payment method on internet.

Thx

Edit: Well I'll buy those on the Lana store on Ebay instead.

10 more bucks each, but at least there is Ebay and Paypal behind to secure it.
I don't want to receive a damage product and not having any way to complain and fix the problem.

That's basically what I'm paying for security. I trust the sellers but I have no idea what kind of security their site utilizes.

mgaguilar

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: mgaguilar on April 24, 2020, 09:50:42 PM
Quote from: Over9K on April 24, 2020, 07:31:55 PM
BBTS has them for $69.99 + $4 flatrate shipping...

Brown: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/124271

Green: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/124273

Definitely going for this! Thanks!

If you want one it's a good deal. The limited Three deal is 180.00 only 36.00 more and free shipping as well as tax free plus you get the spooky ghost Rex lol

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 24, 2020, 10:46:10 PMIf you want one it's a good deal. The limited Three deal is 180.00 only 36.00 more and free shipping as well as tax free plus you get the spooky ghost Rex lol

Yeah, since I've already got the REBOR Queen in the Green, April was already bit spendy on the Kaiju front, and I've got to pay for both the Nanmu Mosasaur and a $500 X-Plus MechaGodzilla in May, and July will bring the Gecco Dinomation Spinosaurus as well as the Nanmu Rexy, I have to draw the line somewhere, so only the Brown Rex for me...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Hmmm bit of a head scratcher here :

Shonisaurus

Nanmu Studio velociraptors do not appear to have an articulated jaw. It gives the impression that they are smaller figures than Rebor's. Where can you access the facebook link? I am interested in seeing that news.

SenSx

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 25, 2020, 06:43:40 PM
Nanmu Studio velociraptors do not appear to have an articulated jaw. It gives the impression that they are smaller figures than Rebor's. Where can you access the facebook link? I am interested in seeing that news.

Rebor's are not 1/35 and so, much bigger, the Nanmu ones will be truly scaled, so probably smaller than the Papo's.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: