News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2020

Started by Loon, December 05, 2019, 05:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 09, 2020, 05:56:39 AM
Did you guys see where you now have to glue the tail on the Apatosaurus?

On the plus side it's big and the head does look like the JW Apato.
It's now shipping.

Quote from: Carnoking on August 09, 2020, 09:07:34 PMI wonder if it has to be glued or if you can just pop it into place for the time being. Then if you ever need to pack it up, you could just pop it back out.

Quote from: KeU on August 10, 2020, 03:44:51 PM
Interesting decision by Nanmu. It definitely will save on the shipping package size.
As Carnoking mentioned, I wonder if the assembly will be 'permanent'. That will affect re-sale with the box.
I say 'permanent' since some heat gun time will probably allow the tail to be pulled apart again.

Am I missing something here?

Blade-of-the-Moon

I can't see not applying glue to hold it on. That's a lot of length to just sit there.  I'm also thinking that's the best way given my Mosasaur's head came separate in the box and I had to glue it..though I'm hoping that was a factory mistake.

Martwad

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 10, 2020, 07:39:42 PM
I can't see not applying glue to hold it on. That's a lot of length to just sit there.  I'm also thinking that's the best way given my Mosasaur's head came separate in the box and I had to glue it..though I'm hoping that was a factory mistake.

If the tail is unable to be held in place without glue, I think I will try some silicone caulking, that way it can be taken back apart with a heat gun if needed.

Carnoking

Guess I did not read those instructions close enough. But as was said, I do wonder if it is as sturdy without the glue. If it just snapped in and held no problem, why would glue even be considered a necessary step?

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 10, 2020, 07:39:42 PM

Yeah, you'd think if they were all like that someone would have said something by now... probably freak everyone out way more than it being hollow...  ;D

Over9K

My Mosasaurus arrived FINALLY! Head attached and everything!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Good hear mine was just a fluke. :)

My Tyrannosaurus set just made it into the U.S. after a month.

Carnoking

Just got these two in today. The mosasaurus is more or less what I expected, but that rex!

Shonisaurus

How lucky you are! In my case, the Nanmu mosasaurus I had to open a dispute at the request of the seller so that they could locate my shipment in this way. I hope to receive it this month or the next at the latest.

Nanmu's tyrannosaurus rex is very cute but in the stores I have visited on eBay and AliExpress it was not in stock yet. I don't know where I can find a store where Nanmu tyrannosaurus is sold and is in stock.

Nanmu's tyrannosaurus rex is by far superior to the same brand's mosasaurus. It is better finished, apart from that I suppose it will be made of solid pvc, which is not the case with the mosaurus which is in some parts of the figure a hollow figure, apparently and heard in the videos. My congratulations to those of you who are already receiving the Nanmu Studio figure news.

SenSx

Quote from: Carnoking on August 17, 2020, 09:00:15 PM

Just got these two in today. The mosasaurus is more or less what I expected, but that rex!

Arg give them to me !!!

The hardest part is not the long wait, but the fear to wait for nothing for a product that might get damaged on the way.
I got so unlucky with the figures I received lately...

Over9K

Looks like BBTS is getting some of the Nanmu figures into inventory finally... Mosasaurus, Spinosaurus, Allosaurus, Indoraptor, Sinoceratops and Carnotaurus are now in stock...

MLMjp

Spinosaurus "Suplanter" "the Usurpateur"

Ah yes, because it took T.rex place in JP3, good reference with that name.

Blade-of-the-Moon

SenSx

Nanmu Ceratosaurus avaliable for Preorder, but shipping only planned for November.
We'll get the guy next year :/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Games-Toys/Lanatimeshop-250869032424800/

They changed the eyes of the red Ceratosaurus, they're much better now.

The red one looks gorgeous on top of being JP3 kinda faithfull.
I usually prefer darker tones like the green version, but to me there is something wrong with its eyes.
Full plain green with no shade, they do not look as good as the Red one imo.
Eyes are big deal for me.

Over9K

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Over9K on August 20, 2020, 02:47:14 AM

I sincerely prefer to buy the Nanmu Studio figures in a local store like that North American one, in my case I have decided to buy the two versions of tyrannosaurus plus the transparent tyrannosaurus in a Belgian store whose link is on page 5 of this Nanmu Studio theme of the DTF. I prefer to buy in an EU store in my case whose shipping is free and what is more important I will not have to wait that long. The link for those of us who live in Europe is on page 5 I repeat from Nanmu Studio - New for 2020

Over9K

Shonisaurus

Honestly, how beautiful the mosasaurus is, although the artistic representation of Nanmu based totally on the JW mosasaurus figure is far from the artistic version, it is without a doubt a figure that a collector should have, especially the followers of the JW saga.

Carnoking

I originally was none too excited for this stegosaurus, but I gotta say it looks like the paint got a little more complex and I think it's looking great now. I also love the more vibrant variant!

Shonisaurus

Those two stegosaurus look magnificent in two paint versions. The head of the stegosaurus is small, personally I like the brown and light green stegosaurus better than the spinach green paint version.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: