News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2020

Started by Loon, December 05, 2019, 05:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over9K

Looks like my Mosasaurus is finally moving again! It has left Los Angeles and I might actually have it in my hands this coming week!

SenSx

Quote from: Over9K on August 01, 2020, 05:59:22 PM
Looks like my Mosasaurus is finally moving again! It has left Los Angeles and I might actually have it in my hands this coming week!

How long has it been ?

Over9K

Quote from: SenSx on August 01, 2020, 07:57:09 PM

How long has it been ?

I was pre-ordered for it when it was released in mid-May, shipped on May 16th... it didn't leave China until July 6th, sat in US Customs in Los Angeles from July 7th until August 1st. I'm hoping to see it in my hand this week.

SenSx

Quote from: Over9K on August 03, 2020, 01:13:16 AM

How long has it been ?

I was pre-ordered for it when it was released in mid-May, shipped on May 16th... it didn't leave China until July 6th, sat in US Customs in Los Angeles from July 7th until August 1st. I'm hoping to see it in my hand this week.

That's quite impressive.
I hope it arrives safely at least.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Faelrin

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon What an impressive display there. The new banner there really helps add to it too I think.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Faelrin on August 04, 2020, 05:27:34 AM
avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon What an impressive display there. The new banner there really helps add to it too I think.

Thanks! The scale looked pretty darn close too.  I wish I had the Primal attack background for the entire shelf, I guess I could always scan what I have and print another one.

SenSx

Nice display, the postcards, the banner and the backgrounds really enhanced the whole presentation.

KeU

Just noticed that the human figures are painted!
Looks incredible.
I assume you will eventually add the Nanmu Rex as well.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Thanks! 

I'm debating moving the postcards to but the Mosasaurus there.
I painted all the humans but Malcolm so far, just gotta find a moment. He's huge compared the other figures. I guess Goldblum is a giant in person?

Yeah the Nanmu Rex I ordered is in shipping purgatory at the moment. I'm hoping it fits right in there in place of the Rebor Queen.

Renecito

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 07, 2020, 03:26:36 AM
I painted all the humans but Malcolm so far, just gotta find a moment. He's huge compared the other figures. I guess Goldblum is a giant in person?

He is a tall guy 6'5, but I think he has lost some height in recent years, he is almost 70 years old.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Shonisaurus

Quote from: SenSx on August 03, 2020, 01:11:15 PM
Quote from: Over9K on August 03, 2020, 01:13:16 AM

How long has it been ?

That's quite impressive.
I hope it arrives safely at least.

Unfortunately, my mosasaurus has not left Singapore and my shipment has been on hold since July 19 and therefore I have not received yet and I pre-ordered since before the coronavirus pandemic. I see that my issue with shipments from Nanmu and from China in general is not unique judging from the opinions of other DTF members.

Over9K

Lanatimeshop on Facebook indicates that the Nanmu Apatasaurus is now shipping to customers.

... and my Mosasaurus has gone AWOL, with the tracking saying "In Transit To Next Facility" for 8 days now...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Did you guys see where you now have to glue the tail on the Apatosaurus?

On the plus side it's big and the head does look like the JW Apato.

It's now shipping.

Carnoking

Makes sense given the massive size. Can't imagine how big the box would have to be to accommodate such a big figure if it came assembled. I wonder if it has to be glued or if you can just pop it into place for the time being. Then if you ever need to pack it up, you could just pop it back out.

Carnoking

I've never ordered from Lana Time Shop, but if they're shipping these big bois out already, I just might have to. Can anyone tell me about them? Where are they based out of? 

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Over9K on August 08, 2020, 11:08:07 PM
Lanatimeshop on Facebook indicates that the Nanmu Apatasaurus is now shipping to customers.

... and my Mosasaurus has gone AWOL, with the tracking saying "In Transit To Next Facility" for 8 days now...
I feel the painful waiting you have to go through, my figures aren't even shipped yet.

SenSx

Quote from: Carnoking on August 09, 2020, 09:07:34 PM
Makes sense given the massive size. Can't imagine how big the box would have to be to accommodate such a big figure if it came assembled. I wonder if it has to be glued or if you can just pop it into place for the time being. Then if you ever need to pack it up, you could just pop it back out.

Lanatimeshop is in China of course.
The shipping method and speed seems kinda random, I never asked for a specific one, always paid the low price.
My first order was sent by EMS around june, and it arrived in a week.
Now my Nanmu Rex was sent by regular china post service, and it's been out in the wild for more than a month.
They've just sent my Giraffatitan with EMS again this time, and I think it will arrive before my Rex ><

My first order was very well pack, and they answer quickly to messages.

Shonisaurus

In my case the mosasaurus bought at the Alie Express POP Shack store is still unchanged. He's in Singapore but I know it's because of the pandemic. On the other hand, the order that I made more than three months ago to Minizoo has just reached my postal service, since it was sent by sea mail. What I recommend to DTF members who have orders from other nations about Asia and Oceania to have a lot of patience because the delivery of the packages is delayed for a long time.

KeU

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 09, 2020, 05:56:39 AM
Did you guys see where you now have to glue the tail on the Apatosaurus?

On the plus side it's big and the head does look like the JW Apato.
It's now shipping.
Interesting decision by Nanmu. It definitely will save on the shipping package size.
As Carnoking mentioned, I wonder if the assembly will be 'permanent'. That will affect re-sale with the box.
I say 'permanent' since some heat gun time will probably allow the tail to be pulled apart again.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: