News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2020

Started by Loon, December 05, 2019, 05:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

Yeah its basically the papo giga but only everything good about it amped up

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Stegotyranno on September 01, 2020, 08:39:49 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 01, 2020, 08:29:18 PM
I prefer Nanmu's Giga, though the scutes on the back are rather too big and croc-like.
Its not like we know they did not exist. ::)
But still i agree with you, the nanmu one is the best, but its out of my scale so i wont get it

Just a personal preference.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 02, 2020, 03:40:33 AM
Quote from: Stegotyranno on September 01, 2020, 08:39:49 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 01, 2020, 08:29:18 PM
I prefer Nanmu's Giga, though the scutes on the back are rather too big and croc-like.
Its not like we know they did not exist. ::)
But still i agree with you, the nanmu one is the best, but its out of my scale so i wont get it

Just a personal preference.
Oh, sorry.

mgaguilar

Quote from: Over9K on September 01, 2020, 03:34:22 PM
Nanmu Gigatease...

Hooooo my gosh, that is probably the Giga I have been waiting for. Absolutely brilliant piece.
Loving the dramaticized scaling. Glorious.
Wonder when this one will be released? Glad the designs have not slowed too badly considering the pandemic.

Kapitaenosavrvs

They all look high Quality, but there is not one Nanmu Figure that gets my Attention at all. I think it is the overall Movie Monster Vibe that i do not like in Dinosaurs. Allosaurus looks nice, tho. But if i am going to spend so much Money on a Figure, i really need to want it badly. Interesting, how everyone has its own preferences in Figures.

SenSx

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on September 02, 2020, 10:09:31 AM
Interesting, how everyone has its own preferences in Figures.

Yes very interesting !

But I'm not quite sure anymore which Giga I want between the Nanmu and the W-Dragon, arrrrg  :'(

I still love the W-Dragon Giga head sculpt, a very different and imaginative interpretation (despite the blind eye), while the Nanmu seems more accurate.
But the pose of the W-Dragon is closer to the ground (I don't have the fitting english word for it), which makes it look smaller than it alwready is.
I m concerned about its size: 14cm / 5,5 inch.
While the Nanmu Rex is marketed 15,5cm / 6,1 inch, and the W-Dragon one 16cm / 6,2 inch
But in reallity they both are 18cm / 7 inch.
I know what you probably think, bigger does not mean better, and it's more Nanmu and W-Dragon's fault for making too big Rexes that are not 1/35 anymore...
But in the end, I don't want my giga to look smaller on my shelf, it will not pay a good enough tribute to that monster
I hope the W-Dragon ends up being bigger than advertised too.

I still have time to make my decision, but I need to see pictures of Nanmu giga with paint application.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: SenSx on September 02, 2020, 12:05:54 PM

Yes very interesting !

But I'm not quite sure anymore which Giga I want between the Nanmu and the W-Dragon, arrrrg  :'(

I still love the W-Dragon Giga head sculpt, a very different and imaginative interpretation (despite the blind eye), while the Nanmu seems more accurate.
But the pose of the W-Dragon is closer to the ground (I don't have the fitting english word for it), which makes it look smaller than it alwready is.
While the Nanmu Rex is marketed 15,5cm / 6,1 inch, and the W-Dragon one 16cm / 6,2 inch
I know what you probably think, bigger does not mean better, and it's more Nanmu and W-Dragon's fault for making too big Rexes that are not 1/35 anymore...
But in the end, I don't want my giga to look smaller on my shelf, it will not pay a good enough tribute to that monster

I still have time to make my decision, but I need to see pictures of Nanmu giga with paint application.

Nanmu looks Jurassic Worldish and the W-Dragon is based of Dino Crisis 2, from the Playstation 1. The W-Dragon Giganotosaurus also lets me think of the Zilla in the 1998 Godzilla Movie. Just compare them and get both :D They will be both great if you are liking this Style, i guess. I'll stick to my EoFauna Giganotosaurus. I love Mr. Elephantskin.

SenSx

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on September 02, 2020, 03:24:00 PM

Yes very interesting !

Nanmu looks Jurassic Worldish and the W-Dragon is based of Dino Crisis 2, from the Playstation 1. The W-Dragon Giganotosaurus also lets me think of the Zilla in the 1998 Godzilla Movie. Just compare them and get both :D They will be both great if you are liking this Style, i guess. I'll stick to my EoFauna Giganotosaurus. I love Mr. Elephantskin.

I don't have enough space and money to get both  :'(
I'll never be able to showcase both of them, so i'd rather only pick one.
I'm sticking with W-Dragon for now, we'll see...

Stegotyranno420

They all look high Quality, but there is not one Nanmu Figure that gets my Attention at all. I think it is the overall Movie Monster Vibe that i do not like in Dinosaurs. Allosaurus looks nice, tho. But if i am going to spend so much Money on a Figure, i really need to want it badly. Interesting, how everyone has its own preferences in Figures.
Too be fair your profile is literally a "draconic" dinosaur.

Syndicate Bias

Yes very interesting !

Just do what I do. I have every Giga from every brand  ;)

I'll be getting these two and I am certain Nanmu will have more than one paint variant so I'll also be obtaining the second Nanmu colour variant as well.

SenSx

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on September 02, 2020, 05:06:07 PM

Yes very interesting !

Just do what I do. I have every Giga from every brand  ;)

I'll be getting these two and I am certain Nanmu will have more than one paint variant so I'll also be obtaining the second Nanmu colour variant as well.

Oh wow, you really are dedicated to that dinosaur specie, and yes I noticed your cool new signature.
But hopefully you set your limit and don't go as far as getting the Papo Giganotosaurus, you probably still have a reasonable side.  ;)

And yes I knew about the Dino Crisis 2 / Godzilla inspiration for the W-Dragon model, that is what I feel it has more "Fantasy"/"Original"/"Creative" inspiration.
I would enjoy it more if I did not dislike Dino Crisis 2 :(

Blade-of-the-Moon

If anyone was planning on getting the Nanmu Ankylosaurus, either the Blue or the Injured version, PM me. I inadvertently ended up with two sets.  When they arrive  I can ship from the U.S. . 

Fenestra

Quote from: Remko on August 30, 2020, 05:10:29 PM
For those other "inexperienced" collectors out there. I attached the tail for the Apatosaurus today. I didn't want to glue it, so I just tried the hairdryer technique on the tail. After that I put the tail on the body and held it in place for a while. Even using some icepacks on the seam to quicken the cooling process.

It worked so far and the tail is still attached. Will have to see of it works for the long run as well. But the figure will be on a display tray anyway.

I received the Apatosaurus today and had a little trouble putting the tail on. As it turned out, there was still a bit of flash left inside the tail. I had to carefully cut it off with a stanley knife and then used the hair dryer trick. Worked like a charm. I'm totally impressed with the size of this beast! Very nice model.

P.s.: Speaking of flash.....just look at those pretty Amargasaurus toes!  ;D

Shonisaurus

My congratulations Fenestra on your new acquisition. Indeed Nanmu's apatosaurus is beautiful and honestly quite cheap considering that it is a high quality figure. The only thing I don't like about that apatosaurus is the tail that has a lot of trouble getting on the body. In that other brands and I have one in mind do not have those problems with their detachable tails.

Carnoking

I'll leave this here.

Saw it shared to dinosaur model collectors on facebook.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Carnoking on September 07, 2020, 04:53:25 PM

I'll leave this here.

It's fabulous! I suppose it is the head of the giganotosaurus, by the way, I have visited the facebook page of Nanmu Studio and said image does not appear. Do you have inside information?

Carnoking

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 07, 2020, 05:44:35 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on September 07, 2020, 04:53:25 PM

I'll leave this here.

It's fabulous! I suppose it is the head of the giganotosaurus, by the way, I have visited the facebook page of Nanmu Studio and said image does not appear. Do you have inside information?

Can't exactly read it, but this seems to be some sort of social media page for nanmu
https://m.tw.weibo.com/2636817693?fbclid=IwAR1XeKOH80sBYmqF29gJ5bhst9HdOq4DtjucPzIdOnpQLlgwtOpkyXj8ks4

mgaguilar

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Absolutely brilliant. Loving the vibrant color scheme and the attention to detail is phenomenal.

S @Syndicate Bias I remember back when you first joined the forum how you yearned for Giganotosaurus representation. IT'S HEREEEE

Shonisaurus

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking From what I have read it is a paint color scheme for Nanju, taking into account that that nickname does not have it the PNSO giganotosaurus, it makes me think, that it may just be another species of dinosaur, literally translated step the phrase related to that dinosaur figure:

"Image 1: One of Nanju's color schemes, and some details are still being adjusted."

Thanks for your link

SenSx

Brownish color scheme, I remember greenish one being teased, so it will probably mirror the T-rex colors with some differences in the application, this one is not entirely brown.
It seems to be looking up in a weird way though.
Looking cool, but I'm still in W-Dragon Giganotosaurus team.

Nanmu still has a very good fire power, many releases in a short time.
W-Dragon has a hard time to keep up.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: