News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA 2021 Hopes and Dreams

Started by Loon, December 23, 2019, 12:17:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarapaurolophus

Remake of this poor girl who honestly looks like a fat worm with human hands right now :(

Shonisaurus

A turiasaurus could be a wise choice for Collecta. In fact, this brand has made dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals with fewer bone remains than the turiasaurus and is a well-preserved sauropod (even part of the skull is preserved, a rare thing in sauropods) in fact it is more complete paleontologically speaking than the bajadasaurus and the saltriovenator or megalodon to give three examples.

Irritation

My Wishlist:

Paleozoic:
Lystrosaurus
Therocephalian
Diictodon
Anomalocaris

Mesozoic:
Shantungosaurus
Anchiceratops
Jobaria remake
Euoplocephalus
Kaprosuchus
A new pachycephalosaurid
Irritator remake

Cenozoic:
Phorusrhacos
Doedicurus
Dinofelis
Mastodon
Ground Sloth
Propalaeotherium

Libraraptor

Has anyone ever thought about a Procynosuchus (Permian) picking up the research findings about its possibly semiaquatic lifestyle? Wouldn´t this be fantastic as a figure?

Flaffy

If CollectA were to do something semi-aquatic related, I'd much prefer they do an "Evolution of Whales" series. For such a well known and iconic example of evolution in action, I'm very surprised no toy company has jumped onto this opportunity.

Would be great for collectors as basal cetaceans are hardly if ever made into figure form. And would also work very well as an educational device for parents and in the classroom.

Shonisaurus

He would be a supporter of a re-sculpted ankylosaurus or zuul to replace the Deluxe-sized ankylosaurus.

I would be in favor of them making a zuul since it is not yet represented that I know of in the toy dinoisaurus market and I would honestly like the Deluxe size.

On the other hand, I would like a new spinosaurus according to the new scientific knowledge. I don't care if it's Deluxe, XL, 1:40 or Standard size.

Concavenator

I passed the news of the recent Spinosaurus discovery to CollectA.
I know they will probably get to update it anyways, but I also suggested them in the email that if they get to finally update it, perhaps they should consider not making it with visible skull openings (shrink wrapped).

Spinosaurus aside, I would like to see some new (and hoofed) hadrosaurids. Shantungosaurus,  an updated Olorotitan, Maiasaura... would be very welcome.

I think it would also be interesting to see a Megalosaurus from them, since it's the first dinosaur ever discovered (!!!) and has no good models of it (there are very few models of it anyways, the old CollectA one is one of the very few available.

Shonisaurus

The only megalosaurus that I know of are those of Invicta (nice figure but outdated) and that of the Natural History Museum in London that does not convince me. Megalosaurus is an unfairly treated figure on the toy dinosaur market and I would add another figure I would like Collecta to do (Deluxe or Standard version) the muttaburrasaurus is another under-represented figure on the toy market.

On the other hand, megalosaurus is a pioneering dinosaur in terms of paleontological discoveries along with iguanodon, I would also like an updated hylaeosaurus and an improvement over its initial Hylaeosaurus Deluxe from Collecta, it is a figure that needs to be re-sculpted like many of the brand Collecta especially those from the early period.

avatar_Concavenator @Narutoceratops According to you when it comes to megalosaurus by Collecta, but make it Deluxe size as its great iguanodon

GojiraGuy1954

Brontoscorpio
Hyneria
Dimetrodon (To go with the Edaphosaurus)
Scutosaurus
Eoraptor
Diplodocus
Up-to-date Spinosaurus aegyptiacus
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Shonisaurus

A medium or large unscaled sized prehistoric amphibian such as diplocaulus is a poorly treated prehistoric amphibian figure despite its popularity among the moderately informed public.

Ceratosaurus blogspot

A new Stegosaurus scale model and a new 1:40 Cryolophosaurus.

Bread

I am hoping for a Nanuqsaurus. I would love for CollectA to do one, if not, Safari could pull one off.
An updated Spinosaurus would be nice. I wouldn't mind a new Carcharodontosaurus, the hips on that figure bother me so much.
Other than that, I just hope CollectA keeps producing unique organisms.
Please no repaints next year.

Edit: Fixed "this year" to "next year"

Renecito

1- Leedsichthys (Deluxe)
2- Suchomimus (Deluxe)
3- Xiphactinus (Deluxe)
4- Dilophosaurus (Deluxe)
5- Quetzalcoatlus (Deluxe)
6- Gigantoraptor (Deluxe)
7- Linhenykus monodactylus (Deluxe)
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

CarnotaurusKing

Standard
Aucasaurus
Megalosaurus update
Tyrannotitan
Teratophoneus
Alioramus
update
Daspletosaurus update
Cetiosaurus update
Supersaurus
Saltasaurus
Anchiceratops
Corythosaurus
update
Tuojiangosaurus
Scolosaurus
Moschops
Razanandrongobe
Cladoselache
Cretoxyrhina
Stethacanthus
Eusthenopteron

Deluxe
Shantungosaurus
Udanoceratops
Deinosuchus
Caudipteryx
Yangchuanosaurus
Platybelodon
Anancus
Meganeura
Livyatan
Hatzegopteryx
Dryosaurus/Leaellynasaura/Hypsilophodon/Orodromeus/Thescelosaurus

Sim

I'd like it if CollectA made some more dromaeosaurids and some troodontids.  These are really lacking in their line.  There are lots of great choices: Austroraptor, Buitreraptor, Sinornithosaurus, Linheraptor, Saurornithoides, Zanabazar, Byronosaurus.

suspsy

Quote from: Sim on July 16, 2020, 04:30:26 PM
I'd like it if CollectA made some more dromaeosaurids and some troodontids.  These are really lacking in their line.  There are lots of great choices: Austroraptor, Buitreraptor, Sinornithosaurus, Linheraptor, Saurornithoides, Zanabazar, Byronosaurus.

Austroraptor would be my top pick out of those ones, but Zanabazar junior would be awesome by virtue of its name alone.

BTW, folks on Facebook may have noticed that Everything Dinosaur has been asking in various dinosaur toy groups if CollectA should be called upon to make a Xiphactinus. Given that the responses have been unanimously in the affirmative, it seems likely that CollectA will heed the call!

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

indohyus

I just want prehistoric mammals back. Sivatherium would be good

Loon

Quote from: indohyus on July 16, 2020, 06:50:24 PM
I just want prehistoric mammals back. Sivatherium would be good
^This

Can we have a year that's just mammals? I'm talking a Colombian Mammoth, a Moeritherium, maybe, finally, a decently sized Megatherium, for once.

Concavenator

Quote from: Loon on July 16, 2020, 09:31:18 PM
Can we have a year that's just mammals?

Oh god, please no! That's literally the worst thing that could happen.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: