News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

Takama

Im not sure if it will be that good of quality. I found it When i did a random serch for Velociraptor toys. and that came up.

I clicked on the I Toys link and it shows a bunch of other products including Chinese knockoffs. However, i recall Rebors Yutyrannus being sold by  some Chinese name on there, so there's a chance that this could be something legit

http://www.amazon.com/Dinosaurs-Yutyrannus-Tyrannosauroid-Sauropsida-Reflective/dp/B00RGHAM26/ref=sr_1_2?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1446518698&sr=1-2&keywords=Yutyrannus

sauroid

how come we never heard anything about this new JP style raptor? looks cool btw.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

stargatedalek

It's also fairly small, could well be in scale with the larger Papo JP dinosaurs.

pylraster

Quote from: cooey2ph on May 12, 2015, 03:26:56 AM
Hello from Manila,

I'm quite new to the hobby and am building a collection. I purchased these 3 but there were no identifying manufacturer marks. I would appreciate it if you can help me identify these:

Spinosaurus, Carnotaurus, Stegasaurus

They came with tags marked "SPENCE" Thanks

I also have the same Spinosaur... no clue as to what the brand is. Could be some generic chinasaur, though I can't tell what they ripped off from.

Takama

Quote from: sauroid on November 03, 2015, 09:25:12 AM
how come we never heard anything about this new JP style raptor? looks cool btw.

Well apparently it's not even released yet.

But I plan on ordering g one just to see if it's really a good as it looks.

sauroid

Quote from: Takama on November 03, 2015, 08:37:42 PM
Quote from: sauroid on November 03, 2015, 09:25:12 AM

We apparently it's not even released yet.

But I plan on ordering g one just to see if it's really a good as it looks.
im curious about the brand/company and if they are also putting out other figures.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Takama

I tried looking it up on Google and all it gives me is the Amazon listing.

Molesaur

This was my favorite dinosaur toy but my dog chewed him up,  i really wish i could find another one to buy online.  i've searched and can't find a single picture of it anywhere besides for the pictures i've posted of it.

all i know is that its from Carl's Jr. and on his stomach it says "ME8- By Sii   Made In China"  i have no idea how long i've even had it but im guessing its from around 2000 or earlier,
i don't know if it's a character from a cartoon or something or if carl's jr just had random dinosaur toys at some point. does anyone here know anything about it?

Victoria's Cantina

Hey all,

I'm trying to learn more about the dinosaurs in these eBay auctions. I know for a fact that these exact dinosaurs (same colors and all) were kids meal toys at the Whataburger chain in Texas in the late '80s. It seems they are being referred to as Chinasaurs in these auctions. Does anyone have any further info such as a specific brand? I'm interested in building a small collection of them.

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/261785733383

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/172001281791

stargatedalek

No idea who made them but they are really common around here, if I spot any I know who to contact ;)

Victoria's Cantina

Silvanusaurus

Can anyone tell me the identity of this 'Edmontosaurus'? I quite like it, and thought it was from AAA, but it doesn't have a name on it and I can't find any other images of it online.

Jetoar

It is from Comansi, a Spanish brand. However, sometimes they caught figures of AAA  ;). Have this figure too  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Jetoar on November 24, 2015, 10:38:21 PM
It is from Comansi, a Spanish brand. However, sometimes they caught figures of AAA  ;). Have this figure too  ^-^.

Interesting... thanks! :D

Jetoar

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on November 24, 2015, 11:47:36 PM

Interesting... thanks! :D

You are welcome, I have of this collecion, Parasaurolophus and Velociraptor too  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

sauroid

mine is marked AAA tho. i dont know which one is the remold.

SBell

Quote from: sauroid on November 25, 2015, 01:33:55 AM
mine is marked AAA tho. i dont know which one is the remold.

I have/had the same one, also marked AAA. It was probably re-purposed by the later company. This figure has been around for at least 25 years, likely longer.

EmperorDinobot

stargatedalek

The sculpting style looks like Chap Mei, but I've not seen them before so I can't be sure.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: