News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joossa

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

EmperorDinobot

What are they?

What is this and does anyone want these animals?

tyrantqueen

Those plesiosaurs look like they would make great bath toys.

stargatedalek

The Pteranodon is from a Walmart no-name knock-off of Chap Mei.

EmperorDinobot

They do look like bath toys! Unfortunately I have no intention of bathing with them.

Does anyone want any of them? I kinda don't have space for them. But you gotta admit those Plesiosaurs are cute.

Megalosaurus

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on August 28, 2015, 12:03:47 PM
What are they?

The small plesiosaurus is just a chinasaur from this set:

It can be bought for £0.69 from Everything Dinosaur.
http://www.everythingdinosaur.com/prehistoric-animal-models-individual.html
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Wellnhoferia

Sorry to bother but is the pinky orange coloured theropod in the back row of this lot an invicta troodon? (Next to the brachiosaur at the back)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252066845547?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

stargatedalek

That is indeed the Invicta Troodon. There are a few other moderately pricey figures in that lot too.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Wellnhoferia on August 29, 2015, 04:36:10 PM
Sorry to bother but is the pinky orange coloured theropod in the back row of this lot an invicta troodon? (Next to the brachiosaur at the back)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252066845547?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Do my eyes deceive me, or are those Sega Dinosaur King miniatures up at the front?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

stargatedalek

Indeed they are, and there are a few Safari minis scattered in there too.

Herrerasaurus

Is this just a really worn out 1988 Carnegie Parasaurolophus? Found it for 60 cents at a garage sale today.

SBell

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 29, 2015, 05:10:30 PM
Quote from: Wellnhoferia on August 29, 2015, 04:36:10 PM

Do my eyes deceive me, or are those Sega Dinosaur King miniatures up at the front?

They definitely are--all from Series I. It would be nice to find my missing 8 from Series II, but oh well.

Paleona

Herrerasaurus- I can't say for certain, because I don't own that model, but the crest looks too straight to me?  In all the photos I've seen of the old Carnegie Para, the crest has a bit of a curve at the tip.  Seems to be quite a bit of plastic 'tagging' along the seams, too.  Maybe someone with the model in-hand can prove me wrong?

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Paleona on August 30, 2015, 02:33:47 AM
Herrerasaurus- I can't say for certain, because I don't own that model, but the crest looks too straight to me?  In all the photos I've seen of the old Carnegie Para, the crest has a bit of a curve at the tip.  Seems to be quite a bit of plastic 'tagging' along the seams, too.  Maybe someone with the model in-hand can prove me wrong?
It is the older sculpt of the Carnegie dinosaur yes, but Paleona you are not wrong ..the newer sculpt does have more of a curved end at the crest like you stated. This is just an older version where the crest was straighter...on my curved crest version the date is stamped as 1999 so you can compare.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

sauroid

i have the original 1988 Carnegie Para and the crest is indeed straighter, and being made of soft rubbery material, has a tendency to warp a bit.  that particular figure looks good for an almost thirty year old toy.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Paleona

Oh ok, good to know!  That older model looks pretty nice, I'd say you got an awesome deal. :)

Herrerasaurus

Thanks everyone, I'm actually liking the worn-out look. :)

mest

Can anyone identify the species of this one.
There are some cool zen riddles on its package:

*TOP-GRADE PRODUCTS-SERIES
*IT WILL GIVE YOU UNLIMITED PLEASANTLY SURPRISED
*DIFFERENT TYPE WITH DIFFERENT FUNNY
*SPECIAL DESIGN FOR YOUR CHILDREN

Paleona

Oh wow... looks like you've found a purebred Chinasaur.  :P 
I'm not sure if this was a serious question or not, but the plates on its back give it a generic stegosaur look, however the face is too large and broad.  Doesn't seem to be based on any species in particular to me.

sauroid

just a generic chinasaur (but LOL at the engurish)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: