News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dilopho

I got this Stegosaurus around 2004, I think. Can I have an idea on which company it belongs to?

Ikessauro

Dilopho, this Stego is made by Waiphoon

Dilopho

Quote from: Roselaar on April 28, 2015, 09:27:30 PM
Don't worry, you won't have to identify all the figures in this pic (though kudos to those who can!). ;)

I need to know about some of these. What line do the monochrome Parasaurolophus, Stegosaurus and Triceratops figures in the front belong to? They have a distinct JP/Lost World feel to them.

Also, the Dimetrodon in the foreground looks a lot like the old Bullyland Dimetrodon figure. It's labeled 'Kindertoyz' though. Is there a relation with the Bullyland figure, od is this another company that ripped off its paint job?

And what species is the (sadly incomplete) Famemaster 3D puzzle theropod supposed to represent? Here's a bigger picture, which helpmed me determine the brand but not the species. The picture link says T-Rex, but I know there's already a T-Rex 3D puzzle from the same company that looks different.

Lastly, the orange Parasaurolophus. The paint is a custom job and not a very good one. I'm quite sure the model itself (which is quite good!) is from Tamiya. I should probably post better pics of it, by can anyone tell from this one whether I'm right or not?

Thanks for any help you can offer!
Uh....Well, i recognise the JP3 Brachiosaurus and a Chap Mei Deinonychus!

Dilopho

tyrantqueen

To be specific, that Waiphoon Stegosaurus is a KO of an old Kaiyodo kit.

It's a fairly common KO.

Dilopho

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 11, 2015, 08:12:59 PM
To be specific, that Waiphoon Stegosaurus is a KO of an old Kaiyodo kit.

It's a fairly common KO.
To be honest, I'd prefer the Waiphoon. I love the Kaiyodo's detail but I prefer toys that can't be damaged as easily to model kits that are fragile.

docronnie

Quote from: docronnie on March 03, 2013, 04:27:29 AM
Does anybody know from which company this came from and what year?

TIA!  :)

I just found out that this was made by Lontic.  Thanks to Dinosauriana! :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

mest

Quote from: mest on September 03, 2015, 03:18:39 PM

Other dinos in the same series were known species. So maybe this Dimetrodon-Spinosaur hybrid is inspired from Brachytrachelopan.

Silvanusaurus

Can anyone tell me what this sauropod/monstrosity is?

Herrerasaurus

Good day,

Would this be the Version 1 Papo Velociraptor? I did buy this around 2005 back in the day... I often see hints of it being a "yellow-brown", while mine is pretty much just brown.

tyrantqueen

QuoteWould this be the Version 1 Papo Velociraptor?
Affirmative.

Alexxitator

To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Alexxitator

Quote from: Sim on October 10, 2015, 09:44:24 PM
http://dinotoyblog.com/2012/06/20/deinocheirus-deluxe-model-by-collecta/

Wow you are fast! Thanks! Already guessed the name was off.
Got the Deinocheirus by Collecta myself, but this one is very differently painted. Or am I missing something in the regular/deluxe department here?
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Sim

It looks like it's a knockoff of the CollectA Deinocheirus.  Maybe someone else here knows a bit more about it?

EmperorDinobot

Not a dinosaur, but might as well be. Says 1995(?), made in China. It has a tiny round seal, but it's too tiny to read even with a loupe. It's tough material and nicely painted. About 5 inches long.

Also, if anyone wants the stuff I've posted here for identification, let me know.

Jetoar

Looks really similar to Schleich crocodile, firts version with other colors.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

CarnotaurusKing

Anybody recognize these?

P.S-Sorry for the hazy picture quality. My camera doesn't work so I used my laptop's webcam.

Halichoeres

Quote from: CarnotaurusKing on October 31, 2015, 12:03:06 PM

Anybody recognize these?

P.S-Sorry for the hazy picture quality. My camera doesn't work so I used my laptop's webcam.

The Ankylosaurus might be UKRD.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: