News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amargasaurus cazaui

The Amargasaurus resembles a resin kit from some years back....
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

BlueKrono

I believe that Amarga is the same one I saw on eBay a couple years ago. It was resin, unpainted and still went for over $300. It's an attractive pose; I'd really like to know who made it.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

ceratopsian

Acro-man made a post that mentioned a sculptor called Passion Charger / Garner.

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5773.0

Could that be relevant to the first one??

Blade-of-the-Moon

The,,Kritosaurus? looks like Shane or maybe CM Studio's work.  The Amarga looks like Kaiyodo's resin/vinyl one.

BrontoScorpio

I have suspicious the 1st one is a repaint on a safari plastic figure ... just can't remember where I saw it ...
Isn't the 2nd ( raptor ) a PAPO repaint ? ...

Bertensgrad

Vintage looking dinosaur. Sorry had to bump it because i didnt get any replies. Does any one even have a guess about how old it may be or anything else about it. Guesses are fine. Maybe any similar dinosaur toys you have seen There isnt any markings. Not even made in China which is weird.

I got it from a goodwill used so there isnt much for me to go on. Its approxmately 18" tall and hard plastic. His eyes make me think late 80's or 90's cartoon.

stargatedalek

It's not vintage at all, it's from the Animal Planet baby line. Came in a huge set with more cartoony dinosaurs. Not worth much if anything sorry.

Bertensgrad

Thank you incredibly for helping me on that. Its been gnarling on me what it was. I wanted to make sure before I decide how to liquidate it. Value isnt a issue. I paid $.50 a lb for it. I just want to make sure it didnt have value before deciding to give it to my toddler nephew to play with or sending it to the flea market for a few dollars.

Lanthanotus

Can anyone identify this sauropod figure? Thanks in advance.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Lanthanotus on August 09, 2017, 05:20:23 PM
Can anyone identify this sauropod figure? Thanks in advance.

It's the Kaiyodo Chuanjiesaurus from the 2004 Dino Expo.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Lanthanotus

Silvanusaurus

I got these quite a while ago and forgot i had them, i have no idea what they are, I only recall the seller described them as coming from crisp packets originally, and being fairly old. I mainly got them for the pterosaur which gave me a nice retro/crystal palace rhamphorhynchus kind of vibe, otherwise they arent the sort of thing i'd normally go for. They are pretty small and cheap looking, but with some age at least, maybe they are knockoffs of something else? I can't quite remember seeing them before, can anyone tell me what they are?

(Sorry, photo isnt that great)
Thanks for any help!

stoneage

They were premiums that came in Cracker Jack, Nabisco Cereals and Frito Lay Packages.  See Top of page.  http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/lido.htm

Blade-of-the-Moon

Anyone seen this Brachiosaur before?

Libraraptor

A Chinasaur from Sweden?  Since it is in an IKEA catalogue?

Blade-of-the-Moon

lol possibly! 

It was the best thing I saw in the whole catalog and didn't have a price..talk about a disappointment!

Invicta Hunter

That looks like the big AAA brachio but i've never seen it in red before.

Blade-of-the-Moon

AAA made one that large?  I have one about 8" tall.

Invicta Hunter

Yeah they made one that was 8" and another around about 12" tall.

Blade-of-the-Moon

well i guess i'm on the hunt again lol  thanks!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: