News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celsius

Thanks SBell...I think this version of the Stego looks awesome....so glad I bought it, BUT wondering if you can reference me to other photos of these idone in that particular style? Very oldschool...and the Stegosaurus looks dynamic...

Seijun

Try searching amazon for dinosaur toys. There are similar figures there. One series, I dont remember the company, but they have a very retro look. They are large and brown, usually with red eyes. Maybe someone else will remember what I am talking about.

EDIT: Im thinking of these http://www.sciencestoreforthestars.com/WOW-Toyz-great-dinos-Apatosaurus-museum-quality-model.aspx
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

SBell

Quote from: celsius on February 22, 2013, 09:02:32 PM
Thanks SBell...I think this version of the Stego looks awesome....so glad I bought it, BUT wondering if you can reference me to other photos of these idone in that particular style? Very oldschool...and the Stegosaurus looks dynamic...

These guys have several, from different eras and lines.  I seem to recall your exact Steg in their physical shop, but I didn't see it on the page.

tyrantqueen

I know what celsius is referring to (I think) it is those infamous chinasaur figures. Certainly not to everyone's taste, but they do have a very unique cheesy retro style :)

The tyrannosaurus was reviewed here: http://www.dinotoyblog.com/2011/05/13/tyrannosaurus-unknown-company/

SBell

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 22, 2013, 10:18:40 PM
I know what celsius is referring to (I think) it is those infamous chinasaur figures. Certainly not to everyone's taste, but they do have a very unique cheesy retro style :)

The tyrannosaurus was reviewed here: http://www.dinotoyblog.com/2011/05/13/tyrannosaurus-unknown-company/

They are...special...

Anyway, TGFToys has several similar ones here amongst other things that I couldn't limit down. They are labelled as Mighty Mega dinos from Toysmith, although they don't show up in the Toysmith section.

celsius

;D cheers everyone...theyre close...maybe Ill buy that Apatosaurus....I love this 16" stego...so weirdly agressive

bigbear

No pics, I'm afraid, just a long remembered description...

When I was about 10 years old, (around 1964), my best friend of the time had some dinosaur figures made of a sort of resin or pottery. These were very detailed in the style of dinosaurs of the time and generally of a reddish orange colour. They would have been about 4 or so inches tall. I've wanted to obtain some of these, just for nostalgia's sake, for some time, but can't find any dinosaur toys/models which fit the description anywhere. Can anybody suggest a toy line that this could be, please? Thanks.

I seem to remember a T.rex style one and a parasaur of some sort too...

Dikiyoba

Quote from: Dikiyoba on February 19, 2013, 03:35:40 AM
One more.

This is a set of ceramics made in Japan. Google tells me they're probably rereleases (from a line in the 1950s?), but I have no clue as to the company or year rereleased.
Well, apparently the person who gave me these found them at a thrift store, so they are probably quite old. I have tentatively identified the two on the right (Corythosaurus and Stegosaurus) as Abbeons, but still no clue as to who created the other two.

docronnie

Does anybody know from which company this came from and what year?

TIA!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

deanm

Larami, if I recall correctly. I can confirm by checking the same one in my collection.

Takama

No it looks like the Jasmen one

deanm

Takama, you're right!  :)

I went and had a look at the two that I have .

ZoPteryx

Here's an interesting Postosuchus.  It's 11 cm long and nicely detailed for not having a brand name on it. 
Anyone know more about it? :)

docronnie

Hi Zopteryx!  The print on your Postosuchus is the same as my Spinosaurus.  They have the same maker.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

ZoPteryx

Quote from: docronnie on March 30, 2013, 10:08:25 AM
Hi Zopteryx!  The print on your Postosuchus is the same as my Spinosaurus.  They have the same maker.
How interesting, there must be a mysterious toy company out there that no one's heard of! :o

SBell

Quote from: Zopteryx on March 30, 2013, 07:15:39 PM
How interesting, there must be a mysterious toy company out there that no one's heard of! :o

The Postosuchus looks like the one from a a set form Spain, Canada and Brazil a couple of years ago (with different paint schemes). There were several others in the boxed sets--I think it is somewhere on the original DTF.

Never saw the Spinosaurus though (the main predator there was Acrocanthosaurus)

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Link666 on January 07, 2013, 07:48:29 PM

I planing on buying it, but there is no info on the webshop where i found it. Only price and length. (T-rex 43cm, Triceatops 41cm, Carnosauria 50cm, Raptor 46cm)
Can anyone help? Which toy company made them?
Thanks!

These look very familiar. They are very similar to these dinosaurs sold in Disney World, in the Animal Park, which has a section dedicated to dinosaurs. I have this large rubber T.rex from there.

ZoPteryx

Quote from: SBell on March 31, 2013, 02:49:14 AM

The Postosuchus looks like the one from a a set form Spain, Canada and Brazil a couple of years ago (with different paint schemes). There were several others in the boxed sets--I think it is somewhere on the original DTF.

Thanks Sbell! :)  Found the thread on DTF v1:
http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=toys&action=display&thread=3461&page=1

So the maker is Bubatoys then, I was able to find a variant of my Postosuchus, no sign of Docronnie's Spino though.
http://www.bubatoys.com.br/produto/acao-e-diversao/kit-dinossauros-hk-1717

SBell

Quote from: Zopteryx on March 31, 2013, 05:35:25 AM
Quote from: SBell on March 31, 2013, 02:49:14 AM

Thanks Sbell! :)  Found the thread on DTF v1:
http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=toys&action=display&thread=3461&page=1

So the maker is Bubatoys then, I was able to find a variant of my Postosuchus, no sign of Docronnie's Spino though.
http://www.bubatoys.com.br/produto/acao-e-diversao/kit-dinossauros-hk-1717

I think Bubatoys is the store name--although the one I have is the same colour scheme (and was listed as a Bargain Shop figure!).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: