News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

I saw these guys on eBay and they molds don't look immediately familiar. Has anyone bought them?

They look to be of medium quality, so I'm wondering if they're knockoffs, but as I said it isn't obvious to me what they would be knockoffs of. I'm also curious about what genera they're meant to represent (some are obvious, but no all). Any information would be appreciated!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SBell

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 11, 2015, 05:47:26 PM
I saw these guys on eBay and they molds don't look immediately familiar. Has anyone bought them?

They look to be of medium quality, so I'm wondering if they're knockoffs, but as I said it isn't obvious to me what they would be knockoffs of. I'm also curious about what genera they're meant to represent (some are obvious, but no all). Any information would be appreciated!

Some of them look like poor recasts of the Wild Republic NHM dinosaur models--others are probably recasts of something else. The 'Baryonyx' looks like the Toyway British museum figure, for example.

Halichoeres

Quote from: SBell on July 11, 2015, 06:21:45 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on July 11, 2015, 05:47:26 PM

Some of them look like poor recasts of the Wild Republic NHM dinosaur models--others are probably recasts of something else. The 'Baryonyx' looks like the Toyway British museum figure, for example.
Thanks, those do seem to be plausible candidates. Think I'll skip them.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

DinoToyForum

DinoLord

DinoToyForum

Quote from: DinoLord on August 02, 2015, 02:47:03 PM
Sneaky dinosaur!

Yes, that's where the enquirer found the pic - but who made it and where can one purchase it? :)

Halichoeres

That may have been made by the Devil himself.

tyrantqueen

It's a Megalosaurus made in the style of Neave Parker.

I think it's just a chinasaur.

MaastrichtianGuy

i know u think the coloring of the spinosaurus from mojo doesnt look that right
oh can u please what does this mojo spinosaurus resemble plus the head

CityRaptor

I don't think that the color is the issue with that one, although similar colors have been used for Stegosaurus, Dimetrodon and Edaphosaurus. It's the skin structure.

And it really only resembles an outdated Spinosaurus...or maybe Oxalaia.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Megalosaurus

Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 02, 2015, 04:02:18 PM
[...] but who made it and where can one purchase it? :)

Tyrantqueen is right. Its a chinasaur Megalosaurus. There are several variant colors. You can purchase the yellow one here (cheap):
http://www.everythingdinosaur.com/prehistoric-animal-models-individual.html

Also called "Evil Megalosaurus" by "El Paleofreak"
http://paleofreak.com/plasticosauria/blog/2011/11/27/evil-megalosaurus-megalosaurio-malvado/

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Tapejara1122

So my dad saw this in a parking lot and picked it up for me as a "suprise". Wasnt much when I first saw the chinasaur but I saw It had more detail than the ones that are completly plastic. It looks like Minmi, but if I could get some help naming this dinosaur figure that would greatly be appreciated.  ;)

Still some seamlines, but its only what it is.

"You know, at times like this one feels, well, perhaps extinct animals should be left extinct". - Ian Malcolm

Halichoeres

Quote from: Tapejara1122 on August 06, 2015, 08:58:54 PM
So my dad saw this in a parking lot and picked it up for me as a "suprise". Wasnt much when I first saw the chinasaur but I saw It had more detail than the ones that are completly plastic. It looks like Minmi, but if I could get some help naming this dinosaur figure that would greatly be appreciated.  ;)

Still some seamlines, but its only what it is.
I think Minmi is as good a guess as any!

sauroid

i also have that figure, but looks more like a Nodosaurus than a Minmi IMO. it is just a typical chinasaur tho made of solid plastic. it would have been a cool figure if it were only painted better.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Mr. Challenger

Anyone know anything about this JP triceratops? I have it since I was child.
It's part of The Lost World merchandise and I remember that It´s the cover of a perfume bottle, but I want to know if there are more figures like this. I'ts a beautiful figure in my opinion.

Halichoeres

A perfume bottle? That's a new one, interesting. It's definitely too good to be Hasbro  ;D

stargatedalek

I have a vaguely similar Tyrannosaurus topping a stamp.

joossa

Got these in a recent lot. Are they rare or anything special? Seems like 3 of the 4 have a stamp on the underside and are posable.

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

docronnie

Great find Joosa!

I used to collect them, but stopped.  Here's a link as to what they are: http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/ukrd.html
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Roselaar

They're a bit old, but not rare. Still an easy find online in eBay lots.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: