News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kapitaenosavrvs' Dioramas

Started by Kapitaenosavrvs, February 20, 2020, 08:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

Thank you!  Sharing what I collect brings me a lot of pleasure.

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on November 12, 2020, 11:47:40 PM
avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian Thanks for the positive Words. I love your Collection and i am always just speechless of teh Stuff you get from Martin.

Puh. Thanks. It is such a Motivation to share Stuff here.

Sarapaurolophus

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs Well, I think it looks plenty professional. It's great what you managed to do in such small scale. He looks very sweet and I feel sorry for him getting chased and eaten.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on November 13, 2020, 11:42:01 PM
avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs Well, I think it looks plenty professional. It's great what you managed to do in such small scale. He looks very sweet and I feel sorry for him getting chased and eaten.

Thank you very much. To be honest, i habe the same feeling about him. Poor Guy. But since it is Nature without Hooomans, hes just trying to eat. Also, our little Elasmosaurs is no Vegetarian :D
I feel sorry for both of them now. Maybe the Sponge on the Floor has a fine time.

Quote from: ceratopsian on November 13, 2020, 08:04:59 PM
Thank you!  Sharing what I collect brings me a lot of pleasure.

I hope so, because i want to look at the beautiful Creations for a long time :D

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on November 14, 2020, 12:15:28 PM
Maybe the Sponge on the Floor has a fine time.

That sponge is a goofy goober, yeah!

:P Sorry, but sponges will be forever linked to Spongebob in my head.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on November 14, 2020, 12:21:04 PM
Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on November 14, 2020, 12:15:28 PM
Maybe the Sponge on the Floor has a fine time.

That sponge is a goofy goober, yeah!

:P Sorry, but sponges will be forever linked to Spongebob in my head.

It is this way. It can't be undone. Now i want Icecream.

PrimevalRaptor

Great work on the repaint and the diorama, really makes the details of the Tylosaurus pop out!
And I love how the Elasmosaurus really looks like it's swimming, great job on the pose!

Kapitaenosavrvs

Thanks, avatar_PrimevalRaptor @PrimevalRaptor, much appreciated!

Now for something different. Well, it is not a prehistoric Animal, but kind of a ... Bird. I made this the last Days for a Friend. This is my fist time making something, that does not stay at my Place. Interesting.

The Fantasy Toucan is more on the Comic side of life and the Colours are out of a Dream of someone else.  So it was ment to look like the Toucan from the Dream. I sculpted it with Super Sculpey and it went quite fine! Learnd a lot again. Photos are not the Best, but you get an Idea. The Paintjob was done this Night, so i'll see tomorrow in Daylight :D

I Hope it is okay (just this one Time) so show something extant. Kind of, since it is a Comical Toucan.
Base is just simple and will get felt on the bottomside, to have the Surface beneath safer. I hope he will like it, since it is a Present. My Mat is metric, of course ;)

Hehe. Look at me, i am alien.

Halichoeres

What a charming gift! The toucan has a somewhat mischievous aspect.

And a metric cutting mat is the only way to go.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Eocarcharia

I must say I'm very inpressed by all of your work. Painting, sculpting, diorama-crafting, all excellent.

Varanops

Strong work!  Terrific visual treats for your viewers.  Thank you.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Hi Everyone. Long Time no read. I had/have to deal with health issues, as usual in my life, so i went a bit silent overall with everything. I am happy, to sneak back into the Forum. Slowly. Maybe i will explain a bit more in the Health Thread. I hope everyone is good.

Thanks, the Friend that got this gift was really happy about it. And yes, he definitly looks mischievous^^

Thank you very much for your kind words :) I'll try to keep on.

V @Varanops Thank you very much :)

Since i wasn't very up to work on Stuff like this the last Months, i have very little to show. I startet again on the 3D printed Tyrannosaurs, a friend printed for me. They have like 7 coats of Black paint and Epoxy, to get a bit rid of the 3D Print Layers (Next time, Resin...). Also, i had to sculpt a few Claws and the Eyes, since the skulls aren't sculpted with binocular vision. I tried to work against that, but i would've rework the whole skull. All in all: printed Dinosaurs are so much work, if they aren't printed with a Resin Printer. Filamentprinting is not the best way for me, i guess. They are still not finished.

So, its hard to tell from the Picture, but the Skull isn't really a T. rex to me. I thought of maybe more basal Tyrannosaurs, but maybe you have an Idea, what kind of Tyrannosaur these two could be.

I startet this Base and wanted a Prey animal aswell. I started to sculpt a younger (smaller) Edmontosaurus r., but since i am not shure what kind of Tyrannosaur this could be, i'll leave it as a more generic Hadrosaur. At least i try. This is the first Dinosaur i am going to sculpt somehow :D

What a always wanted and what i never see: Flowering Plants in a cretacious Scene. I was playing a bit with different stuff and i want to have this whole, quite brutal scene with lots of flowering Plants as a contrast. I had the rework the Base, since it was to small after i startet with the Hardo. I'll try to keep up the work on this, because i wantet something like this forever.

Also, if i should be completely wrong with the flowering plants, please tell me :D But i really want a lush and vibrant base.

Stegotyranno420

Dude you are so awesome and talented.
Those tyrannosaurs remind me of my dogs fighting over food :D :D

Sarapaurolophus

I'm not cool with dead hadros :( but that sounds like an interesting idea for a base! Kind of like "trouble in paradise".

Halichoeres

I think ferns were more abundant still, but by the Maastrichtian there were plenty of angiosperms: palms, laurels like Bisonia niemii, some members of the hops/cannabis family, and Zingiberopsis (https://www.researchgate.net/publication/237160250_Zingiberopsis_a_fossil_genus_of_the_ginger_family_from_Late_Cretaceous_to_early_Eocene_sediments_of_Western_Interior_North_America).

Good to see you posting here again, and I'll look forward to seeing how this project goes!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

irimali

If you go with Tyrannosaurus, there's plenty of flowering plants to choose from. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleobiota_of_the_Hell_Creek_Formation#Flora

You've got palmettos, sycamores (platanus), magnolia, wax-myrtle (myrica), walnut (juglans), tulip tree (liriodendron), breadfruit (artocarpus), grapevine(vitis).  Lots of trees.  Check out the wikipedia page, there's a pretty long list  :)

Kapitaenosavrvs

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 Thank you. Your thought of two Animals fighting over food is, what it is supposed to look. Not a real fight, but Dominance behavior in the Animalkingdom. The one in the foreground is also slightly smaller, than the one in the Back.

avatar_Sarapaurolophus @Sarapaurolophus Oh yes, i thought alot about that before i started, and also wanted to not have a gorey look at all. I want to create a natural scene and "hide" the most obvious injuries with plants. (i feel a bit bad for the Edmonto aswell^^)

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Oh, thank you! Yes, the majority will be ferns, but i just wanted to get in a bit of colour, next to teh greens and browns and greys. Cannabis Famliy sounds abolutely interesting, too.

Right now i am choosing angiosperms that i am able to create. There is nothing i could buy, to have "the finished" Plants. Also they would maybe look too artificial. It wa snot meant to be a "tulip field" :D Thanks again, i have quite a List now of possible Plants. Also, i stick to "They are T. rex now", which makes it easier too choose the Place of this scene.

avatar_irimali @irimali Beautiful Ideas aswell and thank you very much. It is such a help to get Info in this Forum regarding stuff like that. I just have to look at my painting of my comical coloured Bird Yutyrannus at home and the Vegetation looks always a bit too warm, because a wan't thinking enough about the Climate they lived in. Bothers me alot :D

My mental health status is not perfect at the moment, so i am not posting and talking that regulary at the Moment. Not really suprising, considering that i have quite a List of chronic Problems, so i am quite "used" to these Phases. It is not easy at the Moment to get the Medication i use daily to "keep doing what i want and need". i will mnot talk about the Medication, because thats not the right place here. There is a hint, but thats all. I will def. be more active the next months, and also try to be more positive to the whole situation. Thank you all for the kind words and constructive criticism. This ist really important for me :)

I managed to get a bit of sculpting the last days, but its slow.

Here is a bit of Progress. Sculpting a real Dinosaur is really hard. I make a lot of mistakes and i often have to redo a Part. I have my highest respect for any Sculptor! You can watch all Tutorials and Videos there are, but in the end it is the experience someone needs. Like with most Stuff in life.

Also, the Design and skin etc. are far from finished. Base too. I want the look of the Corpse to match teh look of the Theropods in Style. A Challenge. Also, the Base will get stuffed with Plants and Detail, when the Edmonto is finished in form. Posting here is quite a motivation to work more on it.

Also: Edmonto got quite big over the Process^^ "quite" seems to be one of my favourit words to use, when writing in englisch :D

Newt

Wow! That Edmontosaurus looks great! I like your idea of using flowering plants in the diorama.

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs thats exactly what i was talking about hehe. Ones smaller, and instead of actually fighting they just growl.

Sarapaurolophus

Looks like the prey is coming along nicely! I trust it will have a nice grave :'(
Seriously now, all those little scales look good and like a lot of work.

Halichoeres

This is shaping up to be a really nice piece! Thanks for sharing your progress.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: