You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Impact of the Coronavirus and Self-Isolation

Started by suspsy, March 03, 2020, 11:39:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mellow Stego

My mother suffered a stroke last month and while she's at the hospital dealing with that she got infected with covid.

I want to be upset at the hospital, but I honestly know they're trying thier best. I wish I could tell you all how she is, but between the stroke and covid symptoms, she cant stay on the phone for longer than 2 mins. So I cant get any new info.
Such a crazy time.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Shonisaurus

avatar_Mellow Stego @Mellow Stego I am very sorry about your mother I wish her soon recovery. Unfortunately, I have plenty of experience of having a very long list of sick relatives and parents. In any case, I am confident that it will all work out favorably for your mother. My prayers for her recovery for her.

Libraraptor

Mellow Stego

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I usually try to keep this kind of stuff private, but for whatever reason I felt the need to unload.
So thank you.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Newt

I'm sorry to hear of your mother's double whammy, avatar_Mellow Stego @Mellow Stego . I hope you get some good news soon.

Faelrin

avatar_Mellow Stego @Mellow Stego A bit late to seeing this, but I'm sorry about your Mother. Mine had suffered two strokes in the past, so I know firsthand how rough this is. I hope she can recover the best she can.

Also thought I would give folks an update. My family is slowly but surely making a comeback not only health wise, but also financially. The "landlord" (it's an apartment complex so they work for the rental company, it's complicated) has agreed to a payment arrangement, as we make frequent effort to pay what we are behind on off. We managed to get one month of rent caught up at least. My dad has gone back to work a while ago and has even put in some overtime to help us work towards getting caught up.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin I am very glad that everything is starting to go well for you again. As my mother used to say "everything has a solution in life except death". I am very happy that you are recovering both emotionally in terms of health (fortunately your family is recovering) but also financially, it is a good sign that the recovery both in terms of health and finances is slow, good things They come many times slowly but surely, don't forget.

ceratopsian

avatar_Mellow Stego @Mellow Stego - we all feel the need to offload sometimes.  My best wishes for you and your mother.

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin - good to hear.

EmperorDinobot

This pandemic is driving me insane. I was the king of social distancing as of 5 years ago, but I did like to go out and physically hunt for toys. Now it's not the same. Or rather, it is too easy thanks to the miracle of the internet. What I would give to go to a Target store and look through all the new Jurassic World stuff...

The thing is, should I be unfortunate enough to catch the virus, well, chances are you won't be seeing me anymore.

BlueKrono

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on January 12, 2021, 05:55:25 PM
This pandemic is driving me insane. I was the king of social distancing as of 5 years ago, but I did like to go out and physically hunt for toys. Now it's not the same. Or rather, it is too easy thanks to the miracle of the internet. What I would give to go to a Target store and look through all the new Jurassic World stuff...

The thing is, should I be unfortunate enough to catch the virus, well, chances are you won't be seeing me anymore.

I feel for you in your struggle. Just know that you'd be missed. Keep in mind that many people experience mild or no symptoms. No matter what happens, I'm wishing you safety and health.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Libraraptor

"If you are going through hell, keep going."
Winston Churchill, suffering from lifelong depression.

Stegotyranno420

Well theres some good news, my teacher recovered from covid

Shonisaurus

avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot Cheer up! You do not have to be so afraid of the coronavirus. I sincerely understand and share your fears and that of other DTF members but I sincerely believe that you cannot put doors to the field. It is like preventing cancer or another disease. Precautions must be put in place both for Covid-19 and for cancer or Alzheimer's to give a few examples. To prevent is to fight, but honestly, putting barriers to Mother Nature is like putting doors to the field. What remains is to take things with philosophy and not obsess, my philosophy is to live from day to day and not worry about tomorrow, regardless of whether there are precautions and prevent all kinds of evils, but taking into account that we are in the hands of this case of Nature and in my case of my beliefs in God. On the other hand, I need you since I am eternally grateful for some of the shipments that you sold me back in the day. That is not paid for by all the money in the world.

? @Stolpergeist I am very happy that your teacher has been cured, that means that the disease is not so terrible for many people the coronavirus and that fortunately for many people it does not leave sequelae like other diseases such as cancer. Do not despair.

Crackington

Glad to hear people and their families are recovering and avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin that your family has managed to keep the wolf from the door.

I had a bit of a COVID close encounter myself over the New Year, was told to self-isolate for 9 days by the UK government track and trace app. I had taken my wife to a medical appointment and waited in the car for her outside the medical centre but must have been near some poor soul who tested positive, as I got an alert (there was a COVID testing centre there too)

Thankfully I haven't had any symptoms but had to stay in for over a week. This didn't make too much difference as I'm working from home, but I went a bit stir crazy not going out.

Take care everyone.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Crackington on January 12, 2021, 07:25:54 PM
Glad to hear people and their families are recovering and avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin that your family has managed to keep the wolf from the door.

I had a bit of a COVID close encounter myself over the New Year, was told to self-isolate for 9 days by the UK government track and trace app. I had taken my wife to a medical appointment and waited in the car for her outside the medical centre but must have been near some poor soul who tested positive, as I got an alert (there was a COVID testing centre there too)

Thankfully I haven't had any symptoms but had to stay in for over a week. This didn't make too much difference as I'm working from home, but I went a bit stir crazy not going out.

Take care everyone.

I also had to confine myself for 10 days, I could not go to work because I had a Covid-19 colleague who is fully recovered and had no problem. That proves that the coronavirus is terrible but it has, as I have already pointed out in previous messages, a solution. My best wishes, and I am sincerely sure that with vaccines worldwide, the covid-19 fortunately has its days numbered and will in the future be on the list of curable diseases such as scarlet fever, measles, typhus or leprosy, to give several examples. I'm glad nothing happened to you.

Crackington

Thanks Shoni,

Let's hope so and hopefully there's enough good people out there to take the vaccines when they get the chance and get this thing beat.

Stay safe everyone.

UK

Quote from: Crackington on January 12, 2021, 09:09:57 PM
Thanks Shoni,

Let's hope so and hopefully there's enough good people out there to take the vaccines when they get the chance and get this thing beat.

Stay safe everyone.

Glad to hear you are all ok Crackers.... sorry avatar_Crackington @Crackington. I think one way to 'encourage' people to take up the vaccination would be (in the Northeast for example) forcing Sunderland fans to wear the Black and White stripped shirt and vice versa for the Newcastle fans to wear the Red and White. You'd either have the test or stay indoors, either way infection rates drop :-)

Crackington

Ouch! That sounds like torture avatar_UK @UK - kind of thing Ming the Merciless would make up!

I hope you'd not have to wear your rivals shirt on your way to get vaccinated!

Btw, who would you consider to be the Cherries main rivals? Is it Southampton or Portsmouth, or are you looking West at Plymouth Argyle or Exeter?

UK

Quote from: Crackington on January 13, 2021, 07:17:13 PM
Ouch! That sounds like torture avatar_UK @UK - kind of thing Ming the Merciless would make up!

I hope you'd not have to wear your rivals shirt on your way to get vaccinated!

Btw, who would you consider to be the Cherries main rivals? Is it Southampton or Portsmouth, or are you looking West at Plymouth Argyle or Exeter?

Back in the day we always had needle with Reading and Swindon. Swindon away was always lively. The past 7 seasons a rivalry with Watford has developed, I think based on the final day 2014/15 when Sheffield Wednesday equalised at Watford in the last minute handing us the title.

Southampton only see Portsmouth as a rival and the beautiful New Forest separates us and them. My torture would be wearing the shirt from one of the big six.

Keep safe and avatar_Crackington @Crackington

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 12, 2021, 06:55:51 PM
avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot Cheer up! You do not have to be so afraid of the coronavirus. I sincerely understand and share your fears and that of other DTF members but I sincerely believe that you cannot put doors to the field. It is like preventing cancer or another disease. Precautions must be put in place both for Covid-19 and for cancer or Alzheimer's to give a few examples. To prevent is to fight, but honestly, putting barriers to Mother Nature is like putting doors to the field. What remains is to take things with philosophy and not obsess, my philosophy is to live from day to day and not worry about tomorrow, regardless of whether there are precautions and prevent all kinds of evils, but taking into account that we are in the hands of this case of Nature and in my case of my beliefs in God. On the other hand, I need you since I am eternally grateful for some of the shipments that you sold me back in the day. That is not paid for by all the money in the world.

I have won against nature many times before. I intend to survive this. I am glad you liked the shipments. The store will remain open until February 2022 if you're interested in clean, covid free items. We take all manner of precautions when we go out, but I try to stay inside for as much as I can.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: