News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The best Parasaurolophus figure

Started by Rexorasaurus, March 30, 2020, 01:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is the best parasaurolophus figure?

Terra by Battat
18 (54.5%)
CollectA deluxe
6 (18.2%)
Carnegie collection
1 (3%)
Wild Safari
3 (9.1%)
other (comments)
5 (15.2%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Rexorasaurus

I was going to order a parasaurolophus from Everything Dinosaur and idk what to choose. I'm wondering between Battat and CollectA deluxe. :))

Shonisaurus

Honestly the most scientific is the Collecta Deluxe parasaurolophus is an extraordinary figure, although the Safari one is good I would put it third behind Battat's parasaurolophus despite the passing of the years it is an exceptional figure. The weakest parasaurolophus for me is Carnegie's, and needless to say, Doug Watson's Safari parasaurolophus is one of my favorites and one of the most scientific parasaurolophus figures.

But honestly my rank in preference is Collecta's parasaurolophus as the first figure, Battat's parasaurolophus as the second option and Safari's parasaurolophus as the third, Carnegie's parasaurolophus is an endearing and commendable figure at the time it was made but honestly within ten or twenty years will be a highly valued vintage figure.

Concavenator

I don't know how accurate the Battat version is, but that one is my favorite.

Shonisaurus

If you are a collector and you like dinosaurs well done I would recommend Battat's parasaurolophus although for me the favorite is Collecta's for a reason. Battat is no longer going to produce dinosaur figures in the long term and honestly Battat's parasaurolophus is going to be a rare figure on the toy market and the product will become more expensive over the years.

The Collecta parasaurolophus is for me the most beautiful but I think luckily that figure is not going to be discontinued in the near future so you can buy it later.

My favorite is the Collecta parasaurolophus but if you are also a collector, collect the Battat parasaurolophus first because over time it will become a rare figure as it has happened with the cryolophosaurus and Battat's nanshiungosaurus and then it will be very difficult for you to find this figure that for now It is abundant within what fits in Battat figures and at a normal price.

Jose S.M.

To me the best looking at first glance is the Battat one. I like the Safari one but it's kind of small to me. Those two would be my options.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Wild Safari ( Doug's work ) for accuracy, Battat for artistic interpretation, Jurassic Park/World for nostalgia, the older four footed Schleich for size/paint/look.

The CollectA is nice, but just super bulky feeling, I understand well fed but man...it's hefty.  Makes a great weapon in a pinch too. lol

Rexorasaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 30, 2020, 03:20:10 PM
Wild Safari ( Doug's work ) for accuracy, Battat for artistic interpretation, Jurassic Park/World for nostalgia, the older four footed Schleich for size/paint/look.

The CollectA is nice, but just super bulky feeling, I understand well fed but man...it's hefty.  Makes a great weapon in a pinch too. lol
Ikr, collectA is THICC

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Rexorasaurus on March 30, 2020, 03:22:54 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 30, 2020, 03:20:10 PM

Ikr, collectA is THICC

Exactly. If you want to think of them as prehistoric cows..this figure does the trick.

Flaffy

I personally find the Battat Terra and Favorite Co. (V1) options to be the most appealing.

stargatedalek

Seconding the Favorite V1.

The CollectA deluxe is an odd one, it's appropriately bulky but that bulk also feels very disproportionate.

Fenestra

Maybe Papo's Parasaurolophus should be added to the list as well. Or is it not worthy?
Personally, I have the CollectA deluxe in my collection because of the 1:35 scale. I wanted a big one.

Concavenator

I would like to ask, how does the Battat Terra Parasaurolophus hold up in accuracy these days?

Rexorasaurus

Quote from: Fenestra on March 30, 2020, 05:42:41 PM
Maybe Papo's Parasaurolophus should be added to the list as well. Or is it not worthy?
Personally, I have the CollectA deluxe in my collection because of the 1:35 scale. I wanted a big one.
i forgot about papo :P

Rexorasaurus

Quote from: Concavenator on March 30, 2020, 06:03:13 PM
I would like to ask, how does the Battat Terra Parasaurolophus hold up in accuracy these days?
i think it's good

Faelrin

In terms of color scheme the Battat Terra one is my favorite. It is also the only one other then the Mattel and old Carnegie Collection one I have in my collection. Though from what I've seen of them I also like the (deluxe?) CollectA one second, and the Safari Ltd 2017 one third. Safari Ltd's is probably the most accurate with CollectA's only second to that though both are probably behind the times now with the discovery of the hoof things on Edmontosaurus.

I also like my Mattel one though I still think Kenner has the best Jurassic Park one, which was very likely based off the maquette for the Lost World one.

I also like the color scheme on the Papo repaint one coming out eventually, but the sculpt is far from accurate.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

postsaurischian

This is a picture from my collection about ten years ago. There are some more today of course. I didn't even have the Battat back then :o .

PrimevalRaptor

For accuracy and detail I'd go for the CollectA Deluxe one (love the bulk on that guy) or the Safari one (I wasn't too big of a fan of the first images but some newer photos show it off a bit better and it looks gorgeous), though I gotta shoutout the Battat one cause it looks really aesthetically pleasing.

Rexorasaurus

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 30, 2020, 07:41:22 PM

This is a picture from my collection about ten years ago. There are some more today of course. I didn't even have the Battat back then :o .

Wow! It's impressive!

Loon

Safari's newest Parasaurolophus is the best to me in terms of detail and accuracy. However, even though I don't own one anymore, I've always thought the Battat has had a charm to it. It's a very nice 1990's style figure; like something you'd see in a mural in the background of Jurassic Park.

triceratops83

Not strictly a figure but easily obtainable nonetheless, the Tamiya model kit is hands down my favourite Parasaurolophus.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: