News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

War of Magic

Started by Yutyrannus, September 22, 2012, 06:18:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAllosaur

I like how you use photos and modify them for your animals (even though it's just a little) I like it a lot!
Part-time genius!

DinoToyForum

If you are posting multiple images, please could you host them externally, rather than post multiple attachments. It is very easy and free to do.

Himmapaan

Once again, if I could please refer you to this thread about posting images.  :) It seems to be continually overlooked or willfully ignored, for some reason.  C:-) Perhaps it's because we're not that good at cracking whips.  :)) ;D

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Himmapaan on October 13, 2012, 06:55:10 PM
Once again, if I could please refer you to this thread about posting images.  :) It seems to be continually overlooked or willfully ignored, for some reason.  C:-) Perhaps it's because we're not that good at cracking whips.  :)) ;D

Yeah, well I may just remove the attachment option altogether now as it really isn't necessary with so many free image hosts around these days.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: TheAllosaur on October 13, 2012, 01:42:46 PM
I like how you use photos and modify them for your animals (even though it's just a little) I like it a lot!
Thanks, I don't do that with all of them though (some are too different from any creature). Today, I will post the War Hellhound.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Brontozaurus

So what's the plot of this book?
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Brontozaurus on October 15, 2012, 11:25:04 AM
So what's the plot of this book?
Basically, Typhon wants to have everyone and everything under his power. So, in secret, a Quthun named Sami steals a few weapons from his tribe and sneaks off to try and stop him. On the way he runs in to the goblin Shadi who steals all his money and runs off to the local tavern (where he, being a goblin, is not allowed to go). The goblin was being chased after by a secretive Draconithad named "Ithan" (pronounced ith-an), who then runs into Sami and is furious with him for letting Shadi into the tavern. The two follow the goblin and try to stop the fight that Shadi has started in the tavern. Ithan then leads Sami and Shadi back to his home (Shadi also lives a few feet from Ithan in a small, goblin-sized tent), where Sami meets Ithan's ward who tries to kill Sami with her sword as a band of Quthun had killed her parents. For a while Ithan too is not particularly friendly toward Sami. But over time the three of them, and Shadi, become friends. A few others join in on the quest to defeat Typhon including: a simiad who has been exiled from his tribe, a winter wolf leader, Raven the last of the shadow wolves, and a wood elf named Firendil. Sami gains the diamond knife Khufre and finally reveals his true origins, and Ithan reveals his shocking true identity and meets an unlikely ally. Will the group succeed in the war against Typhon?

That's basically it, so here you go ^-^.

Yutyrannus

Sorry, I forgot to post this. The War Hellhound.

[attachment msg=21826][/attachment]

TheAllosaur

Wow, that's cool. I like the red eyes! I am going to do a fantasy before I start with my dinosaur books. I',m just starting, but I have a good idea of what i want to do.
Part-time genius!

alexeratops

I started a book called '' The Deinocheirus Dynasty'', but I never finished writing it. :-\
like a bantha!

Yutyrannus

Since I haven't yet, I thought I should post some of the characters.

Merlin: A unusually powerful sorcerer who lives in the Spine of the North. Has the ability to talk to and summon
dragons. Owns a silver ring with odd writing on it and a powerful aura to those around it. Strangely secretive about his past. Owns Clarent, the twin sword of Excalibur. Helps Sami on his quest. Often uses the name "Ithan" to disguise his true identity.

Sami: A Quthun from the Great Desert. His true heritage is a closely guarded secret. Has a oddly good knowledge of the legend of Arthur and Merlin.

Shadi: A goblin kept as a slave by a man in Sami's Quthun tribe. Has powerful magic and a strong color changing ability. Owns a strange 1 1/2 foot long dagger, it's entire blade covered in runes, and a short, flute-like instrument called a Jamila. Eventually tricks his master into letting him go and assists Sami on his quest (after promptly stealing his money to get a quart of mead in the local tavern).

Typhon: an evil, powerful Naga who wants everyone and everything in the world to obey him and be under his power. The main antagonist of the story. Wields an enchanted obsidian sword and steel spear, wears no armour but being a naga has the ability to appear a few feet from where he really is. Sami's quest is to destroy Typhon.

King Viperion: A powerful Lindworm and Typhon's main enemy. Wears battle armour made of black iron and wields an iron-bladed sword. Assists Sami on his quest.

The Shade King: Has no real name and is the only shade with an actual mind of it's own. Wields a poorly made sword and either a long whip or an steel flail. One of Typhon's main warriors. Fears only diamond and flame.

Draco: A great dragon king that lives deep in the mountains of the Spine of the North. Has very powerful magic. Like all dragons he is immortal and no weapon can pierce his scales. Aids Sami on his quest.

Guthafoc: A strong Roc that was imprisoned by orcs in cave deep below Typhon's castle. Later freed by Sami, Shadi, and Ithan. One of the very few Rocs with the ability to breathe fire like the dragons (which ultimately helped him escape). Helps Sami fight against Typhon's army.

Lupa: The leader of the Winter Wolves. Very powerful. Helps Sami on his quest.

Raven: Once the leader of the Shadow Wolves, now the last of her kind. She, along with Lupa, finds Sami, Shadi, and Ithan in the mountains and saves them from a pack of wargs. Helps Sami on his quest.

Shadowmane: Ithan's horse. Comes with Ithan, Sami, and Shadi on their quest.

Mordred: Shown to Sami by Ithan in a pool of water. Later is shown to have been summoned by Typhon and helps him.

King Arthur Pendragon: Shown to Sami by Ithan in a pool of water. Later speaks to Ithan, Sami, Shadi, Lupa, Shadowmane, and Raven when they are in the Spirit World.

Morgana le Fay: The half-sister of King Arthur who fell in love with Merlin/Ithan. A powerful sorceress.

Silverwing: An owl tribe leader who helps Sami in the final battle against Typhon.

Firendil: A Wood Elf from the forests in the mountains. Powerful sorcerer who can speak to the trees. Aids Sami on his quest.

Morgause le Fay: Morgana's sister. Enemy of Arthur, Merlin, and Morgana. Pretended to be Morgana so that Arthur would not suspect her.

TheAllosaur

Very cool! I like the goblin, Shadi. As i mentioned, i want to write a magic-related book before the dinosaur reservation. My character list is in my book thing i did a long time ago.
Part-time genius!

Yutyrannus

The first drawing I will post here is also the newest: a character portrait of Shadi.

TheAllosaur

Wow, that's pretty good! Better than I can do!
Part-time genius!

TheAllosaur

My fantasy is going to be slightly simiar to The Hobbit, but with Elves instead of dwarves.
I remember you mentioning you liked Lord of the Rings (or i'm going crazier), but if you do, watch, it is the best EVER!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZNqs0YgWkM
Part-time genius!

Yutyrannus

I have finished the prologue and am partway through the first chapter at the moment.

Takama

It would be interesting to see were this project goes,

I am working on a fantasey work my self(along with a Sc-Fi, Romance and teen drama book) with basic Dinosaur cretures, based off of Papos Designs. it takes place in an alternate Prehistory, where dinos and Humans lived together (along with some other modern critters).  But i wish to follow you along to learn the ropes of fantasey as well

Yutyrannus

Yutyrannus

Character list has been edited.

Yutyrannus

Here is a picture of the White Dragon of Dinas Emrys. It appears in chapter 2, The Prophecy of the Dragons.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: