News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanystropheus

Quote from: Nobs on October 01, 2012, 09:28:56 PM
Looking at the new terror bird has got me thinking...
Is this going to be an addition to their main Dinosaur line, or an addition to the almost extinct prehistoric mammel line. 
There can be an arguement made for both I guess. 
PERSONALLY I think the mammel line would be more interesting to resurrect with future adds.

It's probably integrated into the regular WS dinosaur line. Yes, the Gastornis appears to fall under the "miscellaneous"/ambiguous category as far as dinosaur merchandise is concerned. However, WS also introduced Dunkleosteus, Coelacanth, Postosuchus, Inostrancevia and Kaprosuchus along with its main dinosaur line (and as a part of, thereof).

SBell

Quote from: tanystropheus on October 01, 2012, 09:52:07 PM
Is this going to be an addition to their main Dinosaur line, or an addition to the almost extinct prehistoric mammel line. 
There can be an arguement made for both I guess. 
PERSONALLY I think the mammel line would be more interesting to resurrect with future adds.

It's probably integrated into the regular WS dinosaur line. Yes, the Gastornis appears to fall under the "miscellaneous"/ambiguous category as far as dinosaur merchandise is concerned. However, WS introduced Dunkleosteus, Coelacanth, Postosuchus, Inostrancevia and Kaprosuchus along with its main dinosaur line (and as a part of, thereof).

It isn't called the Wild Safari Dinosaurs line. It is called the Wild Safari Dinos & Prehistoric Life series. So there's your answer--all prehistoric (and close enough) figures fall easily into one line.

Horridus

Well, it's a dinosaur, so...  :P

Really though, the prehistoric animals are all in the same line - there is no distinction between nonavian dinosaur, avian dinosaur, fish, mammal, crocodylomorph etc. in that respect.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

alexeratops

That Gastornis does look promising.... AND SO DOES THE DIABLOCERATOPS!!!!!!!!
like a bantha!

Takama

I was looking at the Preview catalouge online for Safari, and it shows what apperas to be the  original Wild Safari Brachiosaurus, but i read on everything dinosaur that it was going to be bigger then the current one.  Dan, do know any more info about this?

Dan

Yes, it's the same Brachiosaurus, the "larger" dimensions are just a typo.

Takama

have any idea why they are listing it in there? Just wondering because i would figure that they would try to get rid of all those childish classics by now.

Mauro "Raptor86"

SBell

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on October 02, 2012, 02:09:37 PM
Safari Retirements for 2013!

http://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2012/10/02/safari-ltd-model-retirements-2013.html

I seem to recall predicting the demise of the Amebelodon--leaving just a Smilodon and Mammoth (how boring and predictable) for now.

Blade-of-the-Moon

They're just now axing the Suchomimus !? I would have thought it was dead and buried ages ago...at least I wished it had been. ;)

The Kentro is a little odd..it's only been out 2 years..maybe it was a poor seller.

Nobs

Thats sad on the kentro, as it was one of the figures suggested by DTF members a few years back.

tyrantqueen

I dunno about everyone else, but I am super excited to know what CollectA's line up for 2013 is going to be. They shocked us all back at the beginning of 2012, let's hope they do it again.

Tyrannosaurid lover

Weit, what! no first andrewsarcus and now ambelodon? and the kentro?!
I need to pick those really fast.
Rest in pace little stegosaurid with your only 2 years in produccion  :'(
When the time came out the amaizine animals that the time and extintion lef behind will be back.

Arrancon

Seeing Ambelodon and Kentro is sad. Both are favs of mine, especially the former. My Kentro has a paint app error where only one of the spikes is dark green. Maybe there were numerous errors like this, meaning eventual retirement.

SBell

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 02, 2012, 06:00:31 PM
I dunno about everyone else, but I am super excited to know what CollectA's line up for 2013 is going to be. They shocked us all back at the beginning of 2012, let's hope they do it again.

All that is known at this point, is don't expect a big wave of new figures this year. I guess they had to take a break sooner or later!

tanystropheus

Kentrosaurus has a goofy face and I tend to prefer Tyco's interpretation (complete w/ dewlap!), although it is totally out of scale.

The Amebelodon ranks as one of my top prehistorics. Everyone that collects mammals should pick it up at some point or another. Good call Sbell on predicting the phasing out of Amebelodon.

And they really should axe that Suchomimus. Hopefully, Carnegie will release an updated model for their anniversary come this 2014.

SBell

Quote from: tanystropheus on October 02, 2012, 07:38:32 PM
Kentrosaurus has a goofy face and I tend to prefer Tyco's interpretation (complete w/ dewlap!), although it is totally out of scale.

The Amebelodon ranks as one of my top prehistorics. Everyone that collects mammals should pick it up at some point or another. Good call Sbell on predicting the phasing out of Amebelodon.

And they really should axe that Suchomimus. Hopefully, Carnegie will release an updated model for their anniversary come this 2014.

Of course, if you want a good Kentrosaurus in the smaller range, the FameMaster puzzle is the same size and probably a better overall figure! Plus, the CollectA one that came out at the same time is decent as well. Together it is an interesting trio.

Takama

I am sad to see the kentro axed.   It is one of the best modern safaris (as in models that have that Realistc look from 2007-now) I thought they would keep that in for years to come :'(

Thank god i bought it when i did O:-)

Really, I would rather see them axe that Awful JP style T-Rex released in 2007

Balaur

No, they're retiring the Kentro.  :'( At least I got it when it came out.  :)

Gwangi

Yup. Sounds look a good excuse to get both the Kentro and Ambelodon. I didn't even realize the Ambelodon was still in production, everyone I've seen has been expensive. Is there anyone that sells them for the standard Safari price?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: