News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primeval12

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: primeval12 on February 12, 2013, 10:56:17 PM
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well someones excited. lol ;D

That's great to hear Demon Carnotaur, hopefully we'll get some great new dinos this go around. :)

Primeval12

The excitement will go away if they're repaints, I have a million of those allready *yuck* as long as they are the prototypes we saw before I'll be happy.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: primeval12 on February 12, 2013, 11:44:09 PM
The excitement will go away if they're repaints, I have a million of those allready *yuck* as long as they are the prototypes we saw before I'll be happy.

Same here.  I've never been fond of repaints..I can always do a much better job of painting up a figure myself if need be. 

I'm hoping we get those prototypes and maybe some others as well.  Though JP4 might be where those will show up. :/

Horridus

Quote from: demoncarnotaur on February 12, 2013, 10:23:15 PM
While not quite pure dinosaur toys, Hasbro has confirmed they have a Jurassic Park toy line scheduled for release next month. Still no pictures or info.
Are you sure next month, and not 2014?
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Horridus on February 13, 2013, 10:40:58 PM
Quote from: demoncarnotaur on February 12, 2013, 10:23:15 PM
While not quite pure dinosaur toys, Hasbro has confirmed they have a Jurassic Park toy line scheduled for release next month. Still no pictures or info.
Are you sure next month, and not 2014?

Following the thread on JPToys it is supposed be March 1st this year for some sort of new line..not sure what all it consists of though.

It also does look like they will be doing a line for JP4 as well next year.

Edit : This topic just reached 100 pages.. woot !  ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Here is part of what the line will consist of :

Dino Battlers:
Spinosaurs vs Tyrannosaurus Rex
Spinosaurus vs Velociraptor
Triceratops vs Tyrannosaurus Rex
Velociraptor vs Tyrannosaurus Rex

Dino Trackers:
Pteranodon vs Sky Patrol
Spinosaurus vs Marine Patrol
T-Rex vs Ground Patrol

Dino Growlers:
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Velociraptor

Dino Showdown:
Allosaurus Assault
Pachyrhinosaurus Clash

Looks I'm getting me an Allosaurus ! ;D

CityRaptor

Aside from the Dino Showdowns Sets, all of those sound like repaints.  And again we get 4 Versions of the small T-Rex?

I hope we get all 4 Prototypes released in this line.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Primeval12

Again I say, yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssss

Blade-of-the-Moon

Yeah I'll probably be ignoring those others as well.  There does seem to be some larger pieces I think that aren't mentioned there..will have to wait and see I guess.

On another happy note Hasbro is talking about their getting back into JP toys :

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118066172/

Info courtesy of JPToys .

ChrisLikesDinos

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 14, 2013, 12:46:54 AM
Yeah I'll probably be ignoring those others as well.  There does seem to be some larger pieces I think that aren't mentioned there..will have to wait and see I guess.

The Toys R Us planogram/floor plan only has placements for the 4 known skus, so I think that is the extent of the JP3D line.. Which I'm fine with! I can't wait to get my hands on those Dino Showdown sets.

As for the other figures, I highly suspect they will be the exact JP 2009 paint apps, just in new packaging. Odds are this was originally wave 2 of JP2009 before it got canned. With that in mind, I fully expect the two new molds to have cartoony paint apps despite the detailed sculpting.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: demoncarnotaur on February 14, 2013, 07:55:05 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 14, 2013, 12:46:54 AM

The Toys R Us planogram/floor plan only has placements for the 4 known skus, so I think that is the extent of the JP3D line.. Which I'm fine with! I can't wait to get my hands on those Dino Showdown sets.

As for the other figures, I highly suspect they will be the exact JP 2009 paint apps, just in new packaging. Odds are this was originally wave 2 of JP2009 before it got canned. With that in mind, I fully expect the two new molds to have cartoony paint apps despite the detailed sculpting.

That's what brushes are for. :) If my Allo's paint looks meh I'll fix him up. ;D

Spino-rex13

Does anyone now what Wild Safari and Carnegie will be retiring this year?

CityRaptor

I think it was:
Carnegie: Old Brachiosaurus aka Giraffatitan.
WS: Suchomimus, Kentrosaurus
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

The WS Sucho is dead ? At last..the horror is ended.

Primeval12

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 17, 2013, 09:11:11 AM
I think it was:

I tought the ambelodon was retiring too this year, and could someone please explain what a Griaffatitan is?

SBell

Quote from: primeval12 on February 17, 2013, 10:19:52 PM
I think it was:

I tought the ambelodon was retiring too this year, and could someone please explain what a Griaffatitan is?

I think it was retired earlier, but they still had stock to burn off.

And Griaffatitan is the genus that the African braqhiosaurs now belong in--some people refer the name to figures whether it was originally ascribed to them or not (since the figure predates the genus split).

DC

I was at Toy Fair.  GeoWorld is doing a Prehistoric mammal release for 2013 big range.  Why are we seeing so many new prehistoric mammals this year?  is there a new movie or documentary coming out? 
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Takama

Quote from: DC on February 18, 2013, 02:27:46 PM
I was at Toy Fair.  GeoWorld is doing a Prehistoric mammal release for 2013 big range.  Why are we seeing so many new prehistoric mammals this year?  is there a new movie or documentary coming out?

Well there is a animated movie called the Croods

juju1305

Quote from: SBell on February 17, 2013, 10:53:20 PM
Quote from: primeval12 on February 17, 2013, 10:19:52 PM
I think it was:

I think it was retired earlier, but they still had stock to burn off.

And Griaffatitan is the genus that the African braqhiosaurs now belong in--some people refer the name to figures whether it was originally ascribed to them or not (since the figure predates the genus split).

The kentro should definitely have stayed. Maybe it was a poor seller, or maybe a better one will come up.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: