News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Maybe. Glad I got mine last year.

Quote from: SBell on February 17, 2013, 10:53:20 PM
Quote from: primeval12 on February 17, 2013, 10:19:52 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on February 17, 2013, 09:11:11 AM
I think it was:
Carnegie: Old Brachiosaurus aka Giraffatitan.
WS: Suchomimus, Kentrosaurus

I tought the ambelodon was retiring too this year, and could someone please explain what a Griaffatitan is?

I think it was retired earlier, but they still had stock to burn off.

And Griaffatitan is the genus that the African braqhiosaurs now belong in--some people refer the name to figures whether it was originally ascribed to them or not (since the figure predates the genus split).

I wanted to play safe and make clear which Version. Interestingly enough, when I was in Berlin last Summer, it was stil labeled Brachiosaurus and not updated yet.

Quote from: Takama on February 18, 2013, 02:31:26 PM
Quote from: DC on February 18, 2013, 02:27:46 PM
I was at Toy Fair.  GeoWorld is doing a Prehistoric mammal release for 2013 big range.  Why are we seeing so many new prehistoric mammals this year?  is there a new movie or documentary coming out?

Well there is a animated movie called the Croods
Croods? That sounds like something one could have a really bad case of...
But yeah, that increase of mammals is odd. When Tyco did that to Dino Riders, the line ended. Maybe the Mammal-Chauvinists, how Bakker calls them, are taking over the Prehistoric Market!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Takama

Im thinking it was a poor seller, which is a shame.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on February 18, 2013, 05:16:19 PM

The Kentro was quite similar to CollectAs and vice versa. Perhaps it will be re-issued in different colors or the Carnegie line will get one.

I do like how they retire pieces though it certainly feels more like a collector-friendly deal.

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 18, 2013, 05:27:01 PM

The Kentro was quite similar to CollectAs and vice versa. Perhaps it will be re-issued in different colors or the Carnegie line will get one.

I do like how they retire pieces though it certainly feels more like a collector-friendly deal.

The funny thing is that the FameMaster Kentrosaurus puzzle is pretty much the same size as well, but more colourful than either the CollectA or the Safari. The 3 together make a good group.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SBell on February 18, 2013, 05:31:24 PM

The funny thing is that the FameMaster Kentrosaurus puzzle is pretty much the same size as well, but more colourful than either the CollectA or the Safari. The 3 together make a good group.

I still don't have the CollectA one myself..but I think I've seen them together somewhere in a pic.

Gwangi

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 18, 2013, 04:15:34 PM
Croods? That sounds like something one could have a really bad case of...
But yeah, that increase of mammals is odd. When Tyco did that to Dino Riders, the line ended. Maybe the Mammal-Chauvinists, how Bakker calls them, are taking over the Prehistoric Market!

I saw the trailer for "The Croods" and yeah, it is about "cavemen" but all the animals look to be imaginary, I don't think it has any part in the inspiration for toy mammals.

CityRaptor

In that case it makes little sense.

Since I'm fairly new to collecting Safari: How far is it Collector-Friendly?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Paleo & Fish Collector

I bought the Cambrian toob last more than a week ago.I like it and I'm glad they added Ottoia.Ive so dearly wanted one for over a year.I have also been interested in a yujin Kimberella.Someone offer that to me!!  *orthocone*

SBell

Quote from: PteraspisEMMA on February 18, 2013, 09:26:12 PM
I bought the Cambrian toob last more than a week ago.I like it and I'm glad they added Ottoia.Ive so dearly wanted one for over a year.I have also been interested in a yujin Kimberella.Someone offer that to me!!  *orthocone*

$1000 and it's yours. >:D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 18, 2013, 06:26:13 PM
In that case it makes little sense.

I would think far enough. For me at any rate.

DC

[/quote]

very supportive and Collector-Friendly.  visit the face book site.   
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Takama

Ok for those of you who were wondering, Safari brought back there original Wild Safari Brachiosaur due to popular Demand.

Apparently people like outdated reconstructions

Primeval12

Weren't the new Jurassic Park toys supposed to come out today?

Roselaar

Quote from: primeval12 on March 01, 2013, 07:30:50 PM
Weren't the new Jurassic Park toys supposed to come out today?

Not precisely, they are supposedly coming out somewhere in March according to Hasbro. TRU just had the release date as March 1st. Have patience a while longer.

Primeval12

Roselaar

Quote from: primeval12 on March 02, 2013, 03:28:47 PM
http://www.jptoys.com/

We have a little information.

I know, that's where I got it from, since I'm a JP Toys mod.  ^-^

ChrisLikesDinos

So here is the first look:

I like the Pachyrhinosaurus a lot! The Allosaurus...eh.

Still can't wait to buy em.

suspsy

The packaging is fantastic. Possibly the most attractive of any JP line.

That Pachyrhinosaurus looks like an entirely new species of ceratopsid with that ridiculous neck. But I will buy it nonetheless.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Dan

I like how the human figures appear to be reaching out, as though someone told them they're just visiting a petting zoo. Silly humans.

ChrisLikesDinos

Quote from: Dan on March 04, 2013, 06:35:39 PM
I like how the human figures appear to be reaching out, as though someone told them they're just visiting a petting zoo. Silly humans.

That made me laugh as well, its a weird choice haha

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: