News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBell

Quote from: tanystropheus on October 04, 2012, 08:05:28 PM
I'm not sure if the 2013 Gryposaurus will sport teeth in accordance with the latest scientific research, but at least the Papo Parasaurolophus (which sports teeth) has been more or less vindicated  ;):

http://www.latimes.com/news/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-duckbilled-dinos-had-hundreds-of-complex-teeth-20121004,0,6835221.story

This doesn't really change the way we know anything--looking at a tooth-filled jaw, it is obvious that there were hundreds off teeth stacked up, moving to the top of the tooth row as they wore down.  The only difference is that someone has now quantified the hardness of the materials involved in having teeth like that.

Himmapaan

Plus of course that the teeth were in the back of the mouth, and not within the beak. The Papo Parasaurolophus is still very far from being vindicated, I'm afraid.

SBell

Quote from: Himmapaan on October 05, 2012, 01:46:56 AM
Plus of course that the teeth were in the back of the mouth, and not within the beak. The Papo Parasaurolophus is still very far from being vindicated, I'm afraid.

See, this is why I ignore Papo--so many silly errors. The shape and method of the teeth has been known since they were discovered.

Kennywr22

I love the papo dinosaurs. The sculpts and paint jobs are incredible. There may be inaccuracies but that's in every line. Can't wait the brachiasauras coming any time now. I have started picking up some safari that look real nice. Dying to see what Papo brings in 2013.

CM

Quote from: Kennywr22 on October 06, 2012, 07:58:10 PM
I love the papo dinosaurs. The sculpts and paint jobs are incredible. There may be inaccuracies but that's in every line. Can't wait the brachiasauras coming any time now. I have started picking up some safari that look real nice. Dying to see what Papo brings in 2013.

You and me both.  I so badly want another original on the level of their Allosaurus, which is my favorite figure I own.

Dan

Mr. Beeson has kindly offered to share the official species lineup for CollectA 2013.

CollectA 2013 lineup revealed (photos coming in a few weeks)

Standard range:
Diabloceratops
Daspletosaurus
Diplodocus
Pachycephalosaurus

Deluxe:
Parasurolophus
Ankylosaurus repaint

Prehistoric beasts:
Deinotherium

alexeratops

CollectA can do better. >:(
like a bantha!

Takama

Quote from: Dan on October 07, 2012, 04:43:42 PM
Mr. Beeson has kindly offered to share the official species lineup for CollectA 2013.

Standard range:
Diabloceratops
Daspletosaurus
Diplodocus
Pachycephalosaurus

Deluxe:
Parasurolophus
Ankylosaurus repaint

Prehistoric beasts:
Deinotherium

WTF is that all there makeing?  :o >:(     Please tell me these are just teasers, Please :'(

Balaur

Standard range:
Diabloceratops
Daspletosaurus
Diplodocus
Pachycephalosaurus

Deluxe:
Parasurolophus
Ankylosaurus repaint

Prehistoric beasts:
Deinotherium

THATS IT!?   >:( >:( >:( >:(  At least I'm excited that Daspletosaurus i being made.  :)

SBell

Quote from: Takama on October 07, 2012, 04:59:57 PM

Standard range:
Diabloceratops
Daspletosaurus
Diplodocus
Pachycephalosaurus

Deluxe:
Parasurolophus
Ankylosaurus repaint

Prehistoric beasts:
Deinotherium

WTF is that all there makeing?  :o >:(     Please tell me these are just teasers, Please :'(

I already told you all that the 2013 line was going to be shorter.

Also, the Neandertals that we saw are not being released--they were just prototypes that were used for display dressing or something.

Quote from: alexeratops on October 07, 2012, 04:45:10 PM
CollectA can do better. >:(

This is what keeps decision-making people from actually listening. Seriously. You haven't even seen the sculpts, and have already decided that CollectA can do better? Based on what?

DinoToyForum

I think that's a very healthy range from CollectA for 2013. The grumbles show that we've been spoiled: of course they can't release  a squillion new figures year on year.

Takama

Well at least it will give me more time to get the rest of the figures that are not in my collection.

Im almost done with the standerd sized figures, so then i would focus on deluxes and Fossils.

Here is my opinon of the figures

Standerd
Diabloceratops: Cool, but Safari kinda ruined it for me
Dasplatoesaurus: Finally a figure of this species
Diplodocus: Finally made by them
Pacycephalasaurus: I guess a Juvinile wasent enough

Deluxe
Parasaurolophus: Finally a deluxe Ornithopod
Ankylosaurus Repaint: Let me guess, Its the same as the standerd sized one

Deinotherium: Is it just me, or is this Mammal getting more attention these days?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Yeah it's less than we're used to..but no big surprise really...though I can understand the reaction .   I had been wondering when they were going to slow down a bit to be honest. They have a good solid range right now and considering the continuing state of the economy it makes a lot of sense. I suppose it's also because collecta has been a mixed bag and we fear disappointment. I'm hoping with fewer releases the quality will go way up and all will be instant buys.

It will be interesting to see how the two diabloceratops match up..might make a great pair.   It is cool we are finally getting a daspletosaur though I wonder if they make it better than last year's Rex ?  The diplo could be very nice as I was quite happy with the Argentinosaurus..though I do wish it was being done in deluxe scale instead of the para.  The Pachy could be cool too..just wonder what the pose will be..something different I hope..though there are only so many ways to pose an animal..lol  The deluxe para is bound to be better than their first one, my only small critique is that I mentioned before..the Diplo was getting the deluxe treatment instead.

Mammals and repaints aren't exactly my cup of tea so I'll leave on that note. :)

tyrantqueen

CollectA sounds interesting. I admit I always wanted a Daspletosaurus.

This is better than one figure a year *cough, cough Carnegie cough* so I ain't complaining :)

QuoteCollectA can do better. >:(

QuoteThis is what keeps decision-making people from actually listening. Seriously. You haven't even seen the sculpts, and have already decided that CollectA can do better? Based on what?

I agree. Let's wait until we actually see the figures before we start complaining ::) And after this year's Rex fiasco, I am surprised they have shared anything with us at all.

Patrx

Aw, no deinonychosaurs  :-\ Given how awesome some of their figures looked last year, I was hoping they'd do some kind of raptor this time around.

postsaurischian

A DeLuxe Parasaurolophus? Exciting :D!
I hope the Deinotherium will also be in the DeLuxe range.

Let's wait for the pics! For me it's always: Quality before quantity.
Given the fact that CollectA has regularly been improving over the years, I'm expecting an awesome Para :).

Ikessauro

I have mixed feelings regarding the Collecta 2013 line. While I'm pretty excited to see a Daspletosaurus and another Deinotherium I'm also disappointed with another repaint. Man, why they had to do it. I get the idea behind it, they wanna match the colors of the standard sized one with the Deluxes, but hey, then I'll have to hunt down a lot of repaints. It's boring but I'm a completist so, you know, I'll end up buying them all.

But as Postsaurischian said, quality over quantity is the way to go. Now let's wait for pics and the Papo announcement of their 2013 line (maybe they will realease info a bit earlier as the other companies did...                yeah, I know, it's very unlikely).

Balaur

Daspletosaurus has always been on my list to be made dy a dino toy company. AND IT HAS CAME TRUE!  ;D

I hope it isn't like this years rex...

Wait, no Yutyrannus, or Sciurumimus?  :'(

Oh, well, let's hope it will blow our minds like they did this year from being horrible to going above Carnegie level. Maybe protofeathers on Daspletosaurus?  ;D

tyrantqueen

QuoteOh, well, let's hope it will blow our minds like they did this year from being horrible to going above Carnegie level. Maybe protofeathers on Daspletosaurus?
Has there been a Daspleto with protofuzz preserved?

Balaur

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 07, 2012, 08:21:47 PM
QuoteOh, well, let's hope it will blow our minds like they did this year from being horrible to going above Carnegie level. Maybe protofeathers on Daspletosaurus?
Has there been a Daspleto with protofuzz preserved? If not, then I hope they don't make one with them.

The discovery of Yutyrannus shows that feathers would have been able to be on large tyrannosaurs. It isn't impossible that Daspleto had protofuzz, but there os no evidence apart from big duzzy Yutyrannus. If no fuzz is present, I'll be fine, but it would be cool.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: