News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Libraraptor´s collection

Started by Libraraptor, March 17, 2012, 09:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Glad you could rescue this slightly battered fellow!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Crackington

Yes, it's not surprising he's lost a bit of flipper with the company he keeps!

Libraraptor

Thanks for your comments!

My wife's sister gave me these display cabinets which can be illuminated. Looks a little like art, doesn't it?

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Nice display cabinet, interesting place for the Safari Dinosaurs of China to appear as well.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

ceratopsian

It's quite interesting to compare the CollectA Scelidosaurus with the painting by John Sibbick which was in Anthony Beeson's own collection.  It was sold last week by at auction:

https://bid.chorleys.com/m/lot-details/index/catalog/102/lot/65923?url=%2Fm%2Fview-auctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F102%3Fpage%3D1%26view%3Dlist%26key%3DSibbick%255D%26sale%3Dundefined%26catm%3Dany%26order%3Dorder_num%26xclosed%3Dno%26featured%3Dno

The cabinet gives a very atmospheric effect!

SidB

That is a revelation - always wondered from where Anthony got the inspiration for this genus.

Yes, the cabinets are an eye-catcher!

Libraraptor

Two Quetzalcoatlus on land. CollectA and Field Museum (left).

DinoToyForum

Congratulations, the Field Museum one is a great figure! Nice background, too.  8)

Paleo Flo

Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Halichoeres

Very late on this, but great to see the Field Museum one enjoying its new home!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Libraraptor

Collecta Anomalocaris and Papo Clownfish.

Libraraptor

Marine invertebrates. The only few I own.

Libraraptor

Today I completely ramdomly put my Australovenator and my Liliensternus in one of my Sarracenia purpurea pots. Sarracenia are carnivorous Hardy pitcher plants from the US of which some colonies live in Europa. 20 or so years I bought myself three or so individuals. By now I have created around 10 or so independent rhizomes via vegetative augmentation, if this is the correct term.

Crackington

Imagine if the dinos were in scale with the carnivorous plants - would make a good b movie! "Carnosaur v the Triffids!" - can see it now nestled in the back end of Netflix  :D

Is that the Banjo model from the Australian museum btw?

Libraraptor

Yeah, it is Banjo, sorry for not mentioning :)

Megalosaurus

avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor Hope you are doing well. Is amazing you make a plant thrive and reproduce. I'm not good at it (my pet plant died :( ).
And that Liliensternus... we share a sad story. I'll put those bullyland's in my list for 2024.
Hope to see more of your collection.

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

SidB

Quote from: Libraraptor on July 16, 2023, 08:32:03 PM

Today I completely ramdomly put my Australovenator and my Liliensternus in one of my Sarracenia purpurea pots. Sarracenia are carnivorous Hardy pitcher plants from the US of which some colonies live in Europa. 20 or so years I bought myself three or so individuals. By now I have created around 10 or so independent rhizomes via vegetative augmentation, if this is the correct term.
A cool combination, avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor - I do the same with my dinos and cacti.

Libraraptor

The three NHM longneck amigos walking to their shelves side by side.  ^-^

Crackington

Great snap - good to see them in their new home  :)

Halichoeres

It's striking how alive the Invicta Dippy looks, even next to its much newer counterparts.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: