News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Libraraptor´s collection

Started by Libraraptor, March 17, 2012, 09:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Safari Carnegie Dilophosaurus helping nearly equally sized Battat Utahraptor stand. Looks more like an attack, doesn't it?

Playmobil Triceratops

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 18, 2022, 06:40:29 PM
Safari Carnegie Dilophosaurus helping nearly equally sized Battat Utahraptor stand. Looks more like an attack, doesn't it?

Beautiful! Hopefully I can get my hands on one of those Utahraptors some time! :)

Shonisaurus

Nice figures, the triceratops mobile play is quite decent, and Battat's utahraptor is very nice, by the way and excuse me for my audacity, does Battat's big utahraptor support you? Fortunately mine does.

The dilophosaurus from Safari/Carnegie was one of my acquisitions, also very exciting, I congratulate you for the photos and the figures. Thanks for posting them.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 19, 2022, 12:16:47 PM
Nice figures, the triceratops mobile play is quite decent, and Battat's utahraptor is very nice, by the way and excuse me for my audacity, does Battat's big utahraptor support you? Fortunately mine does.

The dilophosaurus from Safari/Carnegie was one of my acquisitions, also very exciting, I congratulate you for the photos and the figures. Thanks for posting them.

Excuse me, avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus, what exactly do you mean by "Does it support you?"?

Shonisaurus

avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor A thousand apologies for my lousy English I mean if the utathraptor stands up correctly without any problem. In other words, Battat's utathraptor does not have any sustainability problems. I repeat, forgive my lousy English, which in these times is a shame on my part.

Libraraptor

Hey, avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus, I do not think your English is bad. I just wanted to be able to answer as precisely as possible. Unfortunately, the Utahraptor does not stand on its one leg. Of course it can't. It stand quite well on four legs, actually.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor Thank you for your words, I understand, fortunately my large Battat's utathraptor (and also the small one) stand perfectly, and that the climate of my city is dry cold.

Libraraptor

Look how these two small Amargasaurus look together : 3D puzzle and Chap Mei.

Marolin/VEB Plaho Megatherium and Iguanodon. Note that the Iguanodon has ears :)) ;D

Bokisaurus

;D I once had both of those Amarga figures, but lost parts of the 3D one and decided to get rid of both ;D
Those Marolin are beautiful and hard to find, congratulation on those two.

Duna

Very cute lil' figures ... But I like the most the Marolin, of course. You are very fortunate ^-^

Shonisaurus

My congratulations I really like your two figures of megatherium and iguanodon vintage style. They are very pretty.

Libraraptor

Thanks for your kind replies!
Here are some figures and oddities I photographed in good light today:

Bullyland Spinophorosaurus (looking like Schleich Nothosaurus with legs) and Europasaurus.

Megatheria party: Marolin, K&M, two Marx (?)

Two bottom die-plates (do not know how else to call them) taken from the Invicta poster: Glyptodon and Scelidosaurus

Cynodonts meeting: Kaiyodo Trochosaurus, Marx and Panini Cynognathus

Shake hands Megatheria: VEB Plaho and Marolin

CityRaptor

Generations coming together.

You know, for whatever reason I always imagine those big sloths to sound like wookies. They probably also think that the Marolin Iguanodon is one of them.

B @Bokisaurus : Actually only the mammals and Tyrannosaurus are hard to find. The rest is currently on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.de/Spielfiguren-Sortiment-Saurier-MADE-GERMANY/dp/B00AGULDFA
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 26, 2022, 10:07:15 AM
Marolin/VEB Plaho Megatherium and Iguanodon. Note that the Iguanodon has ears :)) ;D
My Iguanodon is gray with a red line inside the mouth - are there versions for this item ?

Libraraptor

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on March 01, 2022, 05:52:49 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on February 26, 2022, 10:07:15 AM
My Iguanodon is gray with a red line inside the mouth - are there versions for this item ?

You probably have the newer version of it by Marolin. They are easily available. The unpainted version seems to be from times when the firm was in the German Democratic Republic and its name was VEB Plaho. Have a look at the Megatherium picture. The left one is older and from VEB Plaho, the right one is the younger one by Marolin which you can buy today new on Amazon.

BrontoScorpio

I also have the yellow version of the 'Brontosaurus', green  Tricerstops and red Pterosaur.
I always refered to them as 'Marolin'.
But I thought 'Marolin' is also 'DDR' - isn't it ?
b.t.w.
I saw them also at dejankins.

Libraraptor

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on March 02, 2022, 08:10:33 AM
I also have the yellow version of the 'Brontosaurus', green  Tricerstops and red Pterosaur.
I always refered to them as 'Marolin'.
But I thought 'Marolin' is also 'DDR' - isn't it ?
b.t.w.
I saw them also at dejankins.

In the DDR / GDR the firms were owned by the state. Each company had to carry "VEB = Volkseigener Betrieb = Population owned company (due to communism)" in its name. Later in 1992, three years after the GDR joined the ambit of the constitution of the "Bundesrepublik" (West Germany), a company named Marolin, wo had been affiliated by VEB PLAHO in 1974 before they stood on their own feet again in 1992, took the molds of the animals with them. So Marolin does not equal Plaho, the former had been a part of the latter before the latter emanated from the former. ;)

Libraraptor

2 x Moschops: Tootsie Toys/Ajax (left) and Definitely Dinosaurs

SidB

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 06, 2022, 07:23:05 PM

These show that there was a time when Moschops had some real exposure to the paleontological collecting public, an exposure now long gone, as far as I am aware. it would be great to see Safari or CollectA, for instance, to produce a new one.

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 06, 2022, 07:23:05 PM
How big is the Tootsie next to the Marx ? ( if you have one ).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: