News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Libraraptor´s collection

Started by Libraraptor, March 17, 2012, 09:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Nice herd of pachycephalosaurs! That Waiphoon is such an interesting figure.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Libraraptor

Thanks for the comments!  Here we see two Schleich sauropods.  15 years lay between the Saltasaurus from 2005 and their recent Agustinia.

Shonisaurus

Nice additions the saltasaurus of the year 2006 was an epic figure by Schleich is a shame that it is discontinued. On the other hand, the agustinia of Schleich is also a quite remarkable figure and honestly the best toy agustinia on the market.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 01, 2020, 09:24:09 PM
Nice additions the saltasaurus of the year 2006 was an epic figure by Schleich is a shame that it is discontinued. On the other hand, the agustinia of Schleich is also a quite remarkable figure and honestly the best toy agustinia on the market.

I like the sculpt,  but the colours turn me off.  The head looks like it is smiling at me,  which is a downer,  too.

Roselaar

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 02, 2020, 08:00:19 AM

I like the sculpt,  but the colours turn me off.  The head looks like it is smiling at me,  which is a downer,  too.

For some reason, Agustinia's head always looks goofy in toy form. That Schleich Saltasaurus also dropped the ball a bit in that regard, but it's still an awesome figure.

SidB

Well, maybe the smile is an enigmatic puzzle/ invitation - consider the Mona Lisa.

Libraraptor

Quote from: SidB on February 02, 2020, 01:40:29 PM

Well, maybe the smile is an enigmatic puzzle/ invitation - consider the Mona Lisa.
;D

Two interesting Spinosaurus

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on those two spinosaurus, that of Schleich and that of the large-sized version of Safari (great dinos), the last figure in that collection the pteranodon (for the moment) I bought it from Dejankins.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Roselaar on February 02, 2020, 01:10:43 PM

For some reason, Agustinia's head always looks goofy in toy form. That Schleich Saltasaurus also dropped the ball a bit in that regard, but it's still an awesome figure.

It's true! Every toy has a derpy head. This one is worse than I expected but still maybe not as bad as the CollectA.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Libraraptor

PNSO Nyctosaurus and Linde Rhamphorhynchus.

Shonisaurus

Nice pair of figures. Two pretty good pterosaur miniatures.

Libraraptor

What?  Do I really have only four Therizinosaurus?!

Loon

Nice collection of Therizinosaurus. Still a species that I think has yet to have a definitive version. Still, all of those are really interesting versions. I particularly like the one in the right, it reminds me of Luis Rey's reconstruction.

Shonisaurus

The said curious collection of therizinosaurus from Libraraptor, we would need a more scientific therizinosaurus, just as the definitive therizinosaurus can come thanks to the Safari or Eofauna brand? Time will tell.

Halichoeres

I have a soft spot for that Bullyland one; I considered it for my own collection.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Loon on April 12, 2020, 10:48:45 PM
Nice collection of Therizinosaurus. Still a species that I think has yet to have a definitive version. Still, all of those are really interesting versions. I particularly like the one in the right, it reminds me of Luis Rey's reconstruction.

avatar_Loon @Loon: it is by Chap Mei and yes,  it has this audacious Luis V. Rey style. And avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres : although in no way scientifically correct,  it is a nice figure on its own.
avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus : Yes, I am still waiting for a both correct and nice to look at figure, too.

PrimevalRaptor

Some nice Therizinosaurus over there! I gotta agree, the Bullyland one certainly has it's flaws but there's some real charme to it that had me pick it up once I saw it in a store here on sale, it certainly is the best Therizinosaurus made in Germany (though the bar iiiis kinda low there  :)))
And the Luis V. Rey inspiration on the Chap Mei one was what made me pick that one up when I was a kid. And speaking of those times, you can't imagine how excited I was when I got my hands on the Carnegie one, especially after watching Chased by Dinosaurs. :D
Personally, while not perfect, I do feel that the Great Dinosaurs one from Safari is fairly close to a definitive one for me, even if it probably still has some issues of it's own.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Libraraptor on April 12, 2020, 09:09:43 PM

What?  Do I really have only four Therizinosaurus?!

Yeah, what's up with that?😂
Nice herd, it's amazing how many figure of it exist now.
You should at least get the Papo and small CollectA' .😃

Libraraptor

Wait! I forgot my Schleich one! Yes, I do have a Schleich Therizinosaurus. How could I forget? ...

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Libraraptor on April 13, 2020, 07:05:19 PM
Wait! I forgot my Schleich one! Yes, I do have a Schleich Therizinosaurus. How could I forget? ...

Hah, you better forget about THAT one..... well, nah, I know you like to collect the weird ones, but honestly, my son bought it with his own money some months ago and when he proudly presented it to me I had to swallow two times before making up a positive reply :D

I very much like the Bullyland one, it`s so charming.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: