News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Libraraptor´s collection

Started by Libraraptor, March 17, 2012, 09:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Quote from: Lanthanotus on April 13, 2020, 07:40:45 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on April 13, 2020, 07:05:19 PM
Wait! I forgot my Schleich one! Yes, I do have a Schleich Therizinosaurus. How could I forget? ...

Hah, you better forget about THAT one..... well, nah, I know you like to collect the weird ones, but honestly, my son bought it with his own money some months ago and when he proudly presented it to me I had to swallow two times before making up a positive reply :D

I very much like the Bullyland one, it`s so charming.

I can vividly imagine you swallowing your issues with Schleich in front of your proud son :D ;D I know exactly how this feels!

CityRaptor

Well, the Schleich one makes a good Kaiju...or Skeksis, depending on what you prefer. That latter probably would work pretty well if it stands next to be Bullyland one as it's counterpart. I also have four Therizinos ( technically six, but the two additional ones are doubles of the japanese ones DOUBLES SOLD) : Like you I got the Bullyland and Safari DOC ones, as well as the Dinotales Series 4 one and the Yujin Dino Museum one.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Libraraptor

Extinct meets recent,  both Schleich

CityRaptor

Dinogorgon and lion, two species separated by 254 million years of evolution have just been suddenly thrown back into the mix together. How can we possibly have the slightest idea what to expect?
Oh no

Libraraptor

Quote from: CityRaptor on August 01, 2020, 05:32:02 PM
Dinogorgon and lion, two species separated by 254 million years of evolution have just been suddenly thrown back into the mix together. How can we possibly have the slightest idea what to expect?

Have you ever thought of becoming sports moderator?  ^-^

CityRaptor

Can't really take credit for that, it's based on a quote from Jurassic Park, said by Alan Grant:
"Dinosaurs and man, two species separated by 65 million years of evolution have just been suddenly thrown back into the mix together. How can we possibly have the slightest idea what to expect?"
Oh no

Libraraptor

Quote from: CityRaptor on August 02, 2020, 01:03:21 PM
Can't really take credit for that, it's based on a quote from Jurassic Park, said by Alan Grant:
"Dinosaurs and man, two species separated by 65 million years of evolution have just been suddenly thrown back into the mix together. How can we possibly have the slightest idea what to expect?"

Ah yes of course!  Did not dig it :)) Here are three Therizinosaurs. Got the Papo one today.

sauroid

i almost owned that Bullyland Theri (got stolen in the mail while in transit). awesome new stuff Libraraptor.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Loon

Congrats on the Papo Therizinosaurus, still one of my favorite figures from them.

Libraraptor

Thanks for the comments!

Today two huge pieces of plastic: Big brown Kleinwelka and Playmobil Brachiosaurus:

CityRaptor

As befitting the most succesfull herbivorous tetrapods, the largest animals to ever walk the Earth. Gigantism done right, the Megafauna of Megafauna! Elephants, mammoths and their kind? Do not even compare! Giraffes and Paraceratherium? Pathetic! Whales? Poor attempt!

Quote from: Libraraptor on August 02, 2020, 05:12:31 PM
Here are three Therizinosaurs. Got the Papo one today.

It's interesting to see how the Papo is a middle ground between Schleich's and Bullylands.
Oh no

Libraraptor

One of my first attempts to give the single figure space to breathe on my shelves instead of overcrowding them...
"Rexes and Raptors":

Shonisaurus

Nice additions, I congratulate you Libraraptor. By the way and sorry for my absolute ignorance as a collector, what brand corresponds to the gray tyrannosaurus rex that you show on the first shelf of the photograph?

CityRaptor

The big one? That would be the Sega The Great Dinosaur. Was reviewd on the blog:
http://dinotoyblog.com/2010/08/03/tyrannosaurus-the-great-dinosaur-by-sega/
Hard to get, although there is one on German eBay right now.

Quote from: Libraraptor on August 09, 2020, 11:41:46 AM
One of my first attempts to give the single figure space to breathe on my shelves instead of overcrowding them...
"Rexes and Raptors":

Looks nice. Also kinda like the Yangchuanosaurus is bowing before that much Tyranny.
Oh no

Libraraptor

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you Libraraptor on your new acquisition, the lisowicia bojani is a figure to be reckoned with among Paleozoic animal toy figures.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Shonisaurus on August 25, 2020, 07:52:39 PM
I congratulate you Libraraptor on your new acquisition, the lisowicia bojani is a figure to be reckoned with among Paleozoic animal toy figures.

It is Mesozoic (Triassic). But no matter what age the animal is from:

What am incredibly heavy piece of rubber!  And that much detail!

Lanthanotus

Congrats, mine arrived too today, really impressive thing :)

Libraraptor

Quote from: Lanthanotus on August 25, 2020, 08:44:18 PM
Congrats, mine arrived too today, really impressive thing :)

Thanks and congrats,  too! It really has character.  I love the eyes!

Faelrin

The three of those look great together. I really got to get my hands on all of those eventually.

Edit: Kind of scales nicely too give or take.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: