News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2021

Started by Halichoeres, October 05, 2020, 03:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

I personally don't like CollectA Baryonyx. the small one is better but still don't like it. I have the favorite and it's nice but the head could be improved. I'm holding to see if this Safari one tops it in that department

Mellow Stego

Fingers crossed that the Spino doesn't have a gater tail. 
Please Safari, buck the tend!
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Mellow Stego

Quote from: Stolpergeist on October 16, 2020, 08:43:24 PM
Crocodilian osteoderms on Spinosaurus in general are just so tiring.
Zero evidence and yet everyone does it.
Exactly why I'm hopeful that a new look from Safari will help steer the other companies away from that design.
I'm not the biggest fan of Papo's fish tail Spino, but at least its different. 
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Stolpergeist on October 16, 2020, 08:43:24 PM
Crocodilian osteoderms on Spinosaurus in general are just so tiring.
Zero evidence and yet everyone does it.
I like my spino tail like a draconic type paddle. Maybe crocodilian.

GojiraGuy1954

New predictions are Tyrannosaurus bataar / Daspletosaurus, Baryonyx / Suchomimus and Spinosaurus.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

suspsy

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on October 17, 2020, 12:54:28 PM
New predictions are Tyrannosaurus bataar / Daspletosaurus, Baryonyx / Suchomimus and Spinosaurus.

It can't possibly be Tarbosaurus; that one has the smallest arms of any known tyrannosaurid.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: suspsy on October 17, 2020, 01:32:53 PM

It can't possibly be Tarbosaurus; that one has the smallest arms of any known tyrannosaurid.
Are you sure? I heard it had longer arms proportionally than Rex did

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 05, 2020, 06:22:52 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on October 05, 2020, 06:20:05 PM
Who says it has to be Spinosaurus? It might be Irritator.
It has very different proportions from spino.
But Spinosaur might be a sigilmassosaurus or an Oxalia(i know they are very debated and stuff)
There was a paper debunking both of those genuses

suspsy

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on October 17, 2020, 05:16:23 PM
Quote from: suspsy on October 17, 2020, 01:32:53 PM

Are you sure? I heard it had longer arms proportionally than Rex did

Don't know where you heard that from, but it's quite the opposite. Daspletosaurus has proportionally the largest arms; Tarbosaurus has the smallest.

Faelrin

I saw that someone was asking over on their Facebook page if these would be revealed soon, and/or at the end of this month, in which they (Safari Ltd) responded with that they will be, which is honestly vague and doesn't answer that they would be revealed at the end of this month for sure.

https://www.facebook.com/safariltd/photos/a.293876388192/10157697611493193/?type=3

However they do seem to be posting the images of the 2021 teasers here and there (4/14 so far), which leads me to guess that maybe they will all be revealed after they've all been shown off over there? Or perhaps when they are ready to go into stock?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I do not mind if there are only 3 figures to be released next year, though it would be very disappointing if it were all large a d medium sized theropods, and with two from the same family and all, even if one of them could be the Baryonyx I've been waiting for for years.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on October 17, 2020, 08:37:10 PM
I do not mind if there are only 3 figures to be released next year, though it would be very disappointing if it were all large a d medium sized theropods, and with two from the same family and all, even if one of them could be the Baryonyx I've been waiting for for years.

Honestly, less is nothing, I prefer that only three figures of dinosaurs are marketed even if they are theropods than that Safari as a company went bankrupt or did not make any figure taking into account the monumental crisis caused by the health emergency caused by the global tragedy by the coronavirus pandemic.

mgaguilar

Looks like a walking Spinosaurus with updated anatomy, Safari probably wanted to cover their bases given the last one was swimming and, despite the anatomically sound representation of the rear feet, people didn't seem to like it.
I loved it being huge and overall a great color scheme.

Bread

We haven't been revealed these three therapods, but here is my opinion on what has been shown.

-As much as I love Tyrannosaurs, I am sick of drooling over one. It seems kind of off for Safari to be producing two Tyrannosaurs in the last two years. I know we haven't seen the figure yet, but the silhouette seems like another Tyrannosaur. If not, I am kind of hoping for a Mapusaurus. It would really seal the deal for me whether I will purchase CollectA's or not. Also to me it makes sense, two competing companies, both producing similar figures to the market.
-A Baryonyx would be great. Papo's was a no go for me. Could this possibly be a Suchomimus? Either one would be fine with me, even an uncommon species would be cool, too.
-Another Spinosaurus! Hopefully the colorings on this one will be better than the previous Spinosaurus. I am so glad that I did not purchase the recent one. Note: I did not hate the previous Spinosaurus figure, it was high up on my list of purchases, BUT a more updated Spinosaurus with the new tail reconstruction would be fabulous.  :D

Sim

You think two tyrannosaurs in two years would be too much for Safari, yet you suggest a Mapusaurus which would make 3 allosaurs in 3 years (Allosaurus was made in 2019, Concavenator in 2020)?  Personally, I'm tired of allosaurs.

Bread

Quote from: Sim on October 20, 2020, 01:01:44 AM
You think two tyrannosaurs in two years would be too much for Safari, yet you suggest a Mapusaurus which would make 3 allosaurs in 3 years (Allosaurus was made in 2019, Concavenator in 2020)?  Personally, I'm tired of allosaurs.
That was completely my bad. I forgot they made a concavenator last year. I'd still rather have a Mapusaurus over another Tyrannosaur. I feel like the species itself is not common in the dinosaur toy market, but even if it's still another Tyrannosaur, I will probably drool over it.

suspsy

So . . . what's the deal, Safari? You've been teasing for weeks now. People are waiting.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: suspsy on October 27, 2020, 01:49:17 PM
So . . . what's the deal, Safari? You've been teasing for weeks now. People are waiting.
IKR??? And EoFauna revealed their figure after four days!

Shonisaurus

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on October 27, 2020, 02:10:51 PM
Quote from: suspsy on October 27, 2020, 01:49:17 PM
IKR??? And EoFauna revealed their figure after four days!

I suppose that with this long wait Safari ends up revealing dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals of the first order. Good things are often made to wait, when it comes to figures of prehistoric animals it is usually like that. I'm not traumatized by waiting, I have all the time in the world. I will wait.

Jose S.M.

To be honest I kind of erased Safari from my mind to avoid waiting. Kind made myself forget about the teaser

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: