News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Garratt-ization continues.......

Started by martin garratt, March 17, 2012, 11:29:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Some " home " pics of my 1:1 JP Compy :

amargasaurus cazaui

Only fair to make note when Martin got these figures, there was no detail remaining, they were so encrusted with paint from previous painting attempts. I find myself unsure wether to be more amazed by the tons of paint Martin had to remove or the few ounces he so skillfully applied.

Aha, the one picture I did not use........and behold Eyes !!!

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Blade-of-the-Moon

The paint job looks great..makes me want to  pull mine out of storage if I can find them..lol

Though..where are the eyes on the mother ?

martin garratt

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon

They are there Chris believe me!  It must be the bad lighting

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: martin garratt on March 12, 2013, 04:31:26 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon

They are there Chris believe me!  It must be the bad lighting
/quote]

lol just making sure !  I can't recall it';s been so long..but the eyes may be recessed a bit as well adding to the effect.

lourebro

Mr. Garratt,

Your painting and dioramas are, as all agree, amazing.  I hope you make it to Wonderfest this year as I would like to talk shop with you,....,if you don't mind.  I entered the last two years and have gotten Bronze.  My goal is to get to your level, which is Gold!  Read about your painting of the two Black Heart T-Rex heads.  Way cool.  Ever think of submitting something to Amazing Figure Modeler?  Anyhow, hope your at Wonderfest.  And for others that can make it to the "Fest" there are a number of Dino Models that are really good.  Should be more!  Come on Folks, give a try. 
Lou R   

s.foulkes

Yes i agree with Lou, expand Martin you have too much time on your hands. lol. Hi Lou.
Bringing back the world of Dinosaurs one sculpt at a time!

martin garratt

Quote from: lourebro on March 19, 2013, 11:00:46 PM
Mr. Garratt,

Your painting and dioramas are, as all agree, amazing.  I hope you make it to Wonderfest this year as I would like to talk shop with you,....,if you don't mind.  I entered the last two years and have gotten Bronze.  My goal is to get to your level, which is Gold!  Read about your painting of the two Black Heart T-Rex heads.  Way cool.  Ever think of submitting something to Amazing Figure Modeler?  Anyhow, hope your at Wonderfest.  And for others that can make it to the "Fest" there are a number of Dino Models that are really good.  Should be more!  Come on Folks, give a try. 
Lou R

Yes, My flight and Hotel are booked for Wonderfest, so all being well I'll be there.
I'm really looking forward to meeting up with everyone again.
Lou, I would be pleased to talk with you, how will I know who you are? 

martin garratt

Quote from: s.foulkes on March 20, 2013, 12:01:29 PM
Yes i agree with Lou, expand Martin you have too much time on your hands. lol. Hi Lou.

Yes, you're right Shane, I'll have to get myself a hobby to fill my time up :))

martin garratt

ZoPteryx

lourebro

Martin,

Well, 5' 8", gray beard, greyish head of hair, 165lbs, hey I probably described about 1/3 of all people there.  Anyhow, I'll introduce myself.  I'll be there Friday to take the TAG Team airbrush course so if your around.  Shane can point me out, I may have his very first model (I do have that iguanadon, but maybe his first cast?!).  Anyhow, I've seen you get the gold (many times!!) and, not to sound spooky, know what you look like.   Also, I'll have this permanent grin, a great hobbie.  Saw your latest, wow, how can we compete?!  Looking forward to talking to you.

LOU R

amargasaurus cazaui

Decided to post this pair here for obvious reasons. The old and badly painted Parasaurolophus and its infant sure look better now. These are the Tamiya pieces and I chose not to send Martin the factory base, preferring one of his own making.
The Anklyosaurus I saw in his thread from the old forum and always wanted...Yay !!!(carnegie model)

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice haul there ..and excellent work Martin !

postsaurischian

Nice UMF work (as usually ;D!)!
:) Love the Ankylosaurus - still the best toy Ankylo available!

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

amargasaurus cazaui

Perhaps a model that noone has gotten to see Martin apply his hand with...welcome Yinlong to the Garrattization !!

martin garratt

Oviraptor

Sculpted by Sean Cooper for Crecy Models, available from Davide Ronchi
email:  [email protected]
Now also stocked by dansdinosaurs.com

ataraxus

a beautiful color scheme. i like the stuff from Davide.

Seijun

Why is it naked?
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: