News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Garratt-ization continues.......

Started by martin garratt, March 17, 2012, 11:29:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0onarcissisto0

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 10, 2013, 06:36:00 AM
Quote from: 0onarcissisto0 on January 10, 2013, 06:11:49 AM
Hahaha awesome! I just did one myself. I love this kit. It's huge!!

At 22" long it's pretty much perfect. Shane lists it at 1:18 on his site but it feels more like a 1:15 piece as Dan has listed.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. Feels like a 1:15 to be honest, especially when I compare it to Shane's Ceratosaurus vs Kentrosaurus, which is supposed to be 1:18
If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

s.foulkes

Ok guys i have to share....My site is managed by another person who has access to the server not me and he has made many mistakes on the listings of the models ,im trying to connect with him to start correcting these mistakes, his mistakes . i gave him the correct info and he somehow seems to mess things up ,not sure how but he does., Yes the Ankylosaur is 1/15th not 1/18 ,this is one of many things wrong with the site. Also too he has my Mosasaur moldel down as 265! its 325!!! so big problems for sure . My Acro is 1/20th and he has it at 1/18th and my new in progress triceratops which is 1/30th scale he has it as 1/18th! Uhhh killing me . please be patient as i get them fixed. If you have any questions please email me . glad you like the models. If i were to do the ankylo over again i would have made the whole armature smaller and lengthened the body as this one started out too large for 1/15th so i had to shorten the body more than i liked to make the total length work out as 1/15th, the body should have been another 1.5 inches longer in the midsection which at 1/15th scale is almost 2 feet! not good on my part, oh well. whats done is done.
Bringing back the world of Dinosaurs one sculpt at a time!

0onarcissisto0

Hey no worries, Shane. I certainly love the Ankylosaurus just as it is. But I'm always impressed by your careful attention to accuracy and detail. I think that's something all your customers appreciate. Hope you never lose that drive. Keep on trucking! If everything works as I plan, I might even be able to stop by Wonderfest this year (despite living in Canada) and say hi. Will most definitely pick up some of your kits as well since I'll be saving on shipping fees! I can't wait!!!
If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

Blade-of-the-Moon

Ouch bud, sounds like you need a new webmaster. I hope your able to reach him and get it all sorted out. Usually I'll send a message to a web owner and let them know when I spot issue..of course you have to realize there is an issue..lol

Interesting..makes him more individual. Honestly you probably could have gone with extra bit of length and just said he was a bit older or something..I use that on myself all the time when I get a bit too much tail or something similar. ;)

dinocat

Is the Sacisaurus going to be offered to the public?

s.foulkes

Jeb you coming to WF thats great i will make sure to give you good prices on any kit you want. stop by my table and see me. Chris almost all my models have something about them that i wish i would have changed, most of it is little stuff that only i know , but still im always striving for a perfect sculpt , i never get too complacent with my work , forever pushing myself to do better on each one. I'll get good one day......................................lol.
Bringing back the world of Dinosaurs one sculpt at a time!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: s.foulkes on January 12, 2013, 05:54:34 AM
Jeb you coming to WF thats great i will make sure to give you good prices on any kit you want. stop by my table and see me. Chris almost all my models have something about them that i wish i would have changed, most of it is little stuff that only i know , but still im always striving for a perfect sculpt , i never get too complacent with my work , forever pushing myself to do better on each one. I'll get good one day......................................lol.

I know exactly how you feel. There's always some tiny thing that might bug you..did I make the right call ? Should I have gone that way instead ?  It certainly keeps you on your toes..and a desire to try it with the other route is a  great reason to keep going. :)

Mark1

Awesome stuff!!! Very inspiring..... !!! :}

Blade-of-the-Moon

Instantly recognized that little guy even before reading on.. lol

Cirex

Here are a couple of pictures of my 1/15 scale Iguanodon VS Eotyrannus kit (Sculpted by Shane Foulkes) that Martin built up and painted for me.

Dan

Brilliant job on the Iguanodon. Was that Martin's choice, or did you suggest the colors yourself?

Cirex

Hello Dan, I had asked Martin to base the Iguanodon's colours and paint scheme on the Brachylophosaurus from his DeviantART gallery (see link below), the Eotyrannus on the other hand were left to Martin's inspiration. I must say that I am more than happy with the result!!!  ;D

http://baryonyx-walkeri.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=240#/d3a8k2r

Blade-of-the-Moon

Really cool color choices. 

I like how the Iguanodon looks happy to giving the Eotyrannus a flank steak.. lol

Jetoar

One of my favorite sculptures, Well done  ^-^!
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Martin just posted this on FB :

I can't say anymore than I did there :
QuoteChris Kastner Hey now don't you remember what happened in the film ? lol Looks so alive Martin..you did an outstanding job on this one ! I've wanted a good Compy replica for so long..I'm VERY pleased ![/img]

Can't wait to carefully take this guy outdoors this summer for pics in the woods. ;D

Takama

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on February 14, 2013, 01:37:19 AM
What model is that? Malcoms?

Malcolm's is more authentic in terms of the real animal.  This one is a Jurassic Park : The Lost World Compy taken from the molds at Stan Winston Studios and brought to life with Martin's excellent artistry. ;D

postsaurischian

Blade-of-the-Moon

That's what they want you to think.. heh heh

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: